RTVs AT WORK

In the process of putting up a new work shop/storage building and thought a few pics ofmy RTV contributing to the construction of its new home would be of interest. </p>

One more pic. We managed to move 21 tons of stone in 2.5hrs.The distance was only about 100ft from the pile to the excavation. The tri-axel delivery truck couldn't get any closer to the excavation. 3 bucket fulls to a load. Could have got 4 in but that would have required closing the tail gate and the stone kept getting lodged in the space between the gate and the box. </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
looks like it's barely got anything in it that limestone is some heavy stuff to mess with but it looks like the bota is taken it with ease.</p>

[quote user="tommy 20/69"]</p>

looks like it's barely got anything in it that limestone is some heavy stuff to mess with but it looks like the bota is taken it with ease.</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

I guess about a half ton per load...Makes it a half-ton dump truck...That hydro dump is the BEST feature on the RTV imho..Use it all the time.</p>

Onfoot

Great pics! You should send them off to Kubota. Maybe get a cap out of the deal. :) But great to see it being put to such effective use. Thanks for sharing!</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great pics! Nice to see the RTV being put to work.</p>

[quote user="Kubota Kanook"]The distance was only about 100ft from the pile to the excavation. The tri-axel delivery truck couldn't get any closer to the excavation.[/quote]</p>

Now, I want you to take lots of pictures when you go to haul the concrete in the bed of the RTV...</p>

[quote user="bczoom"]Now, I want you to take lots of pictures when you go to haul the concrete in the bed of the RTV[/quote]</p>

Yup! Got stocked up on ducktape and garbage bags to seal up that tail gate to keep that concrete soup from leaking out.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Some great pictures of the RTV at work ~~~ LIMESTONE IS A HEAVY ITEM FOR ANYTHING ~~~~~</p>

That would make any man proud of his machine >>>></p>

Question: LImestone must not cost much up there, down here it's like gold. For what you are using limestone for, they use regular wash gravel down here. I'm going to show some men down here some of these pictures of what ya'll are using to help make a foundation., if one told it, they would not believe it. It's where pictures tell the story !!!!</p>

Keep up the good work ~~~~</p>

</p>

............. two guns </p>

</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
We get limestone for 6-7 dollars a ton up here. It is the trucking that costs. 23 ton load delivered is $410. I have my 3/4 mile road topped with 14 loads over top of 210 loads of creek gravel. I always have a pile out at the barn to keep after the road and for drain pipes etc. There is 5 loads under my basemet and in the footer drains.</p>

[quote user="TWO GUNS"] Question: LImestone must not cost much up there, down here it's like gold. For what you are using limestone for, they use regular wash gravel down here. I'm going to show some men down here some of these pictures of what ya'll are using to help make a foundation., if one told it, they would not believe it. It's where pictures tell the story [/quote]</p>

There are probably 10 quarrys within 10 miles of where I live. They blast it out and run it through a crusher. The stuff I'm using is 3/4in clear (no stone dust). Makes for good drainage. I wouldn't consider it cheap though. The 21 ton load was $714.60 . Mind thats Canadian $ so that would be roughly $650 in U.S. dollars. </p>

As a side note...A lot of the lakes in this area ( and there are many ) have shown to be quite tolerant to acid rain because of the limestone that they lie on. </p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
6-7 $ per ton , That isVERY CHEAP ~~~ </p>

Of course,for our limestone to get here, they have to blast it , crush it up there, load it on a barge, push by barge down theMississppiRiver ,overhead is something else, marine time, insurance, fuel, equipment, labor, the list can go on& on ....</p>

So one could imagine what it cost down here in the south >>>>> but, it's good stuff !!!!!</p>

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Kubota Kanook"]The 21 ton load was $714.60 . Mind thats Canadian $ so that would be roughly $650 in U.S. dollars. </p>

</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Pardon my french but are you shi!!ing me? Paying more than a $10-12/ton delivered is considered that you took it (finish on your own)</p>

</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is where the RTV comes in handy. It will work hard and save your back from many aches. I like the looks of that compact tractor.. What size is it and such?.. I sent you an email Kubota Kanook and Bill. I have to go to S Ark tomorrow and will be back Sunday to continue the information project. Next week the Kubota will be putting out some of the last of the herbicide. Hard to believe that Fall is that close. This house will be very quiet except for the pups as all kids will be off in college starting this coming week.. Bordercollie</p>

[quote user="bordercollie"] I like the looks of that compact tractor.. What size is it and such[/quote][quote user="bordercollie"]</p>

That is where the RTV comes in handy. It will work hard and save your back from many aches. I like the looks of that compact tractor.. What size is it and such?.. I sent you an email Kubota Kanook and Bill. I have to go to S Ark tomorrow and will be back Sunday to continue the information project. Next week the Kubota will be putting out some of the last of the herbicide. Hard to believe that Fall is that close. This house will be very quiet except for the pups as all kids will be off in college starting this coming week.. Bordercollie</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

The compact tractor is a Kubota B1700 that I bought new over 13 years ago. ,17hp 3 cyl diesel ,hydro. Other than being a little anemic while running the 3pth wood chipper, Its been a super little working machine. Other than a tire that needs pumped up every couple months and a frozen fuel filter on occasion in the midst of winter, it has been trouble free. It dug out the hole for the new building using the backhoe on the back and the FEL. (it has a really neat feature called a HYDRO REVERSE PEDAL...couldn't help through that in)</p>

</p>

[quote user="bczoom"] </p>

Pardon my french but are you shi!!ing me? Paying more than a $10-12/ton delivered is considered that you took it (finish on your own)</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

MY MISTAKE....Dont know where my head was at when I put that number....21 ton delivered was $250..($210 U.S.)</p>

Onfoot

Hmmm. Ordered crushed gravel a few days ago, not washed (it works better in the driveway with the sand), and the charge is $14 a cubic yard plus the driving time (about 1.5 hours), which I calculate as about $8.65 per ton plus the driving time. Dirtball (the contractor--a good guy with an easily remembered professional name!) figures he can get 15 yards on his truck if the scales are not open... Otherwise 12 yards. So $168 to $210 a load plus about $135 for the time.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i lucked out when i got my limestone a buddy was delivering it to a job sight and had some left over in the truck so he cut me a buddy deal it's the boulder size about the size of a soccer ball. i sure would hate to have to buy some</p>

Nolefan

I recently paid $22.50 a ton delivered for what they call road bond which is like what an earlier poster described. Basically a mixture of various size gravel upto 1 3/4" along with the fines. I believe its granite that is mined locally. Might as well be precious metal with the price their charging but needed to maintain the drive.</p>

Here's a photo of my RTV at work recently. I was moving some firewood from my storage area to a rack I keep on the back porch. It squatted the rear a little but its locust which is very dense and heavy wood. It sure beat having to wheel it up with a handtruck load by load!</p>