RTVs AT WORK

ckruse

We finished 5 food plots today on two different properties. This one is the largest, being about an acre and a half. If you look in the far corner you can see the ladder leading up to the platform where my girl got her first deer last year at 12 years of age. She will be after them this year with bow and gun. </p>

100_2532.jpg
</p>

The last plot we worked was still quite wet from last week's heavy rains. I was pulling the drag behind John on the big McCormick with a huge disc on behind. I got into one of the deeply plowed ruts that was still really wet! Stuck me so good even Tommy would be proud! Then all of a sudden I remembered. "I've got a winch!" Ran out about 35 feet of cable to a big cedar and pulled myself out! NO SWEAT!</p>

I wish I had gotten a picture of that. All in all a great day. A special thanks to my best pal John, who has allowed me to hunt on his land all these years, and fulfill a lot of dreams. We will be hard after them this year! The little beast dida fine job, and will probably be relieved to get it's first service soon. Ashlen was in school all day, but rest assured she will be helping me check those food plots soon. Take care all, CKruse </p>

100_2545.jpg
</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That was great >>> that was perfect !!!!</p>

This is what life is all about ....Getting things ready for the season !!!!</p>

Mrs. Two Guns says " Gettin' ready is most of the fun " </p>

Great pics & videos >>>> ground looks good, give us a photo when things start to " pop up " and going !!!!</p>

Thanks much for sharing !!!!</p>

.............. jamie</p>

</p>

ckruse

Bow season opens Sept. 15th in Missouri. I think if we get a little rain between now and then the plots should be starting to come in nicely by then. CKruse</p>

doggman

WOW! After watching that RTV500 Kruising around with that disc I think I'll consolidate and downsize my tractor and crawler fleet and get one of those. Impressive! </p>

ckruse

[quote user="doggman"]</p>

WOW! After watching that RTV500 Kruising around with that disc I think I'll consolidate and downsize my tractor and crawler fleet and get one of those. Impressive! </p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

I'm going to be keeping watch out for a disc somewhat smaller than this one. In really deep, loose soil it was all she wanted.A disc about half to 3/4 the size of this old John deer would be perfect. Still, I was impressed with how the little guy did! CKruse</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
[quote user="doggman"]</p>

[/quote]</p>

i agree 1000% it sounds like that rtv500 handled them plows better than my hpx did. messicks you should save them videos and show them in the showroom for interested customers when they ask will the little rtv 500 be able to handle ant kinda work. i know mt 700 rhino would have trouble pulling them plows i knowi said it done better than my hpx but i was just jokin it done about the same but you have to figure the rtv has a 500cc engine and the hpx had a 617cc twin cyclinder and to me it looked like they was about even and thats very impressive to me and should be to anyone.</p>

Just thought a pic of the RTV out front of its new home taking care of finishing touches might be of interest to some. The original pics at the beginning of this thread were at the start of the construction.</p>

[quote user="tommy 20/69"]what company did you get the building from??[/quote]</p>

</p>

Future Steel Buildings......approximately 3000 bolts....glad I had my milwalkee and dewalt drivers.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I SEE GREEN, I SEE GREEN!!!! That's OK with me as my tractor is green as well.</p>

Tell us more about this building. Dimensions? Insulation? Can you fit the 3 orange machines so each can get out without moving another?</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Very ,very nice Kubota Kanook!! How do you plan to heat it? When I lived in warm La. , we heated out shop with a double barrel "stove" .So hot it would almost melt your shoe bottoms, (As I leaned back in a chair ,ate parched peanuts and sipped on a coke while I warmed my feet anyway:) Sure is a nice building to go along with great equipment. Bordercollie</p>

The little green fella JD F525 doesn't get picked on too badly by his orange buddies as long as she stays in her corner and keeps her gas cap on. The orange guys hate the smell of gasoline.</p>

The building is 20x28 and 12 high. Minimum size for this particular unit is 20x20 and grows by 2ft increments. I would have gone bigger but that meant cutting down more trees and digging out the stumps with the back hoe on the B1700. Don't currently have the insulation package but may add it next year. Plan on putting in a wood stove in the back to put a bit of heat in there on an as required basis. The 3 botas will fit side by side so it won't be necessary to do the bota shuffle to exit a particular one. Still waiting for the garage door (went with a 8x10) to arrive from Home Depot. In case you're wondering about the siding on the front, I reused the siding from the demolished shed this building is replacing. Factory supplied the building and back wall and I built the front from mostly salvaged material.</p>

[quote user="Johndeeremho"]</p>

Where did you get that headache rack/bed rails? how much?</p>

[/quote]</p>

johndeeremho...welcome to the forum...if you are referring to the side rails and headache rack on my RTV, I built them myself with 1" square steel tubing and welded the bits with my MIG.</p>

</p>