winches

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i figured i would pass this infor on to you guys . ok this is how it goes a few of my buddies done bought gorilla winchs and hey they pull like crazy . they are water tite so no water get into the motor and the have a lifetime warranty to we;; i found out just how good the warranty is. my buddy tore his winch up(his fault long story) but anyway he took it to me to see what i can do so i sent them an email and they sent me a pdf file of the winch being i told them i done took it apart and done seen what part i need . well i told them the winch was in bad shape and was gonna buy the part i even sent pictures and trust me these pictures ain't perty. well they sent me a pdf file and a letter saying find what part/parts you need and they left the number to call and said call us and let us know what parts it is as long as you pay shipping we will cover the parts . well the shipping is 8.00 and i now have a 3k winch for 8.00 because by buddy said keep the sucker they ain't gonna fix it and he'll just buy another one.lmao so if anyone is thinkin of getting a winch give gorilla a look see they got some good prices and they have the best service i have ever seen. my warn contact switch went out and warn wanted 100.00 for a new one gorilla had one for 19.00 and it works fine infact it works better than the warn one.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Fixin' to pass this information to some folks here, that is in the middle of doing some winch purchases. This is not the first time I've heard somegreatreplies on the Gorrilla winches ~~~~~ </p>

</p>

thanx tommy,</p>

~~~~~~~ jamie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i was mistakin on this winch it's a 3500lbs winch . my other buddy has a 4k gorilla winch and his pulls great too.. i called today to get a fe more parts and they was getting ready to box everything up to send it out this afternoon so i was able to get them to add the winch drum bushing with no shipping.</p>

Deerlope

I have looked at those winches but hedged for one reason or anotheron buying one of them. Was it purchased thru ebay?</p>

royst

Sadly,I've never heard of Gorilla winches. I just bought a Ramsey 5000 Honcho.</p>

Hope it gives good service.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
ihadn't heard of them for a while too i always though girilla just made lift kits and atv shafts but they also make winchs .and thier winchc have a life time warranty .here's their web site . their prices are pretty good too.i paid almost 500.00 for my 2500a warn over 4 years ago . if i would have known about these guys i would have tried these . warn don't have the waranty these guys have plus they have a bigger motor and metal gears . my warn has plastic gears inside???</p>

</p>

4000lb Winches for UTV's and Side x Side's. Save 50% Off Retail. - Gorilla Winches English</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea they do have an ebay store but most companies do these days . but they also have a regular website . now the parts and winchs are cheaper on the ebay store so thats the one me and my buddies shop at .but all the winchs and parts ship from the same company.</p>

TmHomeBrew

Guys I am not real "fix it myself" type guy. I want need a winch for the RTV bad but when I check on line most companies don't specify whether or not this winch will be able to work with the RTV without buying additional mounting brackets etc. My dealer was very vague about brand and capacity and price for that matter when I bought the RTV in Nov of 07. I like the looks and price of this Gorilla 4000 lb winch but how does a guy find out if I can hook it up to the RTV without all kinds of drilling and retrofitting. I'd take any advice on a good winch that mounts easily to the front of the RTV.</p>

</p>

Thanks in advance!</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
click on the customer service link in their website and there is a number call that number and they should be able to tell you what you need to fit it to your rtv..</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
my buddy has the 4k winch on his rhino if you need i can make a bolt hole pattern and mail it to you. the winchs are identical looking to warn infact the bolt hole patterns are probably the same .so a warn mounting kit would probably work. .</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
guys i sent them an email with the link to this thread maybe they will jump in here and answer some questions . i hope so but then again maybe they won't because alot of websites don't like people selling stuff on their website so i guess we will see but this web site is about the best and easiest to get anong with out there so i don't see any problems.</p>

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
Here is my experience with this issue. I have a RTV900G with front brush guard and hydraulic dump box and the knobby tires. I ordered in a Warn RT40 winch with is cheaper than the RX40 because it does not have the wireless remote and does not have the synthetic cable . Reason is I don't plan on having to use the winch much and a basic model of this size is appropriate for a 2,000 lb vehicle. The mounting issue was interesting. Kubota's winch kit is only good for a 2.5 or 3 and doesn't fit the RT40 because of different mounting holes. This I know because I had both kits available from Kubota, one without the brush guard and the other with. I returned both, great dealer, and went another route. Because I will seldom be using the winch I mounted it to the plate that exists in behind the access hole in the front grill, making sure it fits between the two fender shirts in that area. Only have to drill two holes as two already exist and used the fairlead mount as the template as it is pre-drilled for the winch. This gave me a mount not completely hidden but nicely tucked out of the way and under cover. Hanging one away out front just did not suite my needs. Then I took the existing fairlead mount that came with the Warn winch and mounted it to the brush guard using 3 of the 4 bolts that are on the top of the guard, just make it centered with the winch spool and it works great. Wiring was another matter. Because I had a similar setup on a Honda 450 4x4, I was aware that people like to press buttons to see what happens and in the case of the winch this often meant a very tight cable because they kept winding it in without regard to what was happening. To solve this I no longer mount Warn's toggle switch, instead mount the remote cable outlet and use it for controlling the winch. When needed plug in the remote and operate the winch using this method and store the remote under the seat. Now kids can't get to the switch and I still have complete access to the winch operation. I could send pics if required. Remount outlet is bolted in where the speed control knob would normally go, meaning no wire to the dash and everything electric is under the left side panel in front of the radiator. Hope this helps.</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yes sir,</p>

We would love to see pics of thatset up !!!!!</p>

<span style="font-size: medium; color: #ff0000; font-family: JohnHancock;">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</span></p>

Gorilla Winches

Hi This is Gorila Winches, the question regarding the bolt pattern of our winches is an easy one. If you are familar with the bolt pattern that Warn has on their winches, ours is the same. If your bike accepts a Warn... it will accept ours. You might need a custom plate for your specific application. You can go to our web site to determine if you need a model specific plate. Some people like to fab their own mounting plate... some like buying a ready made one, having a custom plate will make the install easier !</p>

</p>

Our web site address is www.gorillawinches.com You can purchase products from this site or look for it on ebay. The pricing is more expensive on gorillawinches.com... but you have customer service you can talk to. If you purchase on ebay... then you must use the ebay messaging system. Some people want direct service with a live person...others do not care. Providing that level of service is more expensive... thus the pricing difference.</p>

</p>

Thanks for the comments! Have fun and be safe!</p>

</p>

</p>

kas1263

</p>

I bought a Gorilla winch last year and had to drill holes to install it. The winch I got did not match the mounting plate that came with my RTV900.</p>

</p>

I did strip a bolt on the mounting bracket and Gorilla replaced it with out charge and no hassle.</p>

</p>

</p>