winches

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
'Dem some nice set-ups my friend !!!! Keep up the great work >>>></p>

<span style="font-size: medium; color: #ff0000; font-family: JohnHancock;">~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</span></p>

Mannie

I hope you have better luck than I did with the Ramsey 5000 Honcho. 5th time I used it, it blew up on me. I will try and see how their warranty dept handles this.</p>

TmHomeBrew

I appreciate the pictures, they really helped in my decision. I just bought the Gorilla 4000 and a Universal mounting plate. I have never used a winch before with the RTV. Does one ever need to get at the body of the winch or is it ok to have it tucked in out of sight? I plan on pulling tops toward a logging road to cut up for firewood. I have helped a brother in law with his winch and a Ranger do the same but don't remember how I released the cable to pull it out. He has his set up on a hitch so he can have it on the front or back. When I priced that set up out it was way more than the gorilla. I figure front mount should be okay.</p>

</p>

Thanks again for the input everybody, I'll let you know how the install goes when I get the winch.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i like to keep mine where i can see it and get to it. you have to be able to get to the cable if needed . if you stack the cable or suckup something in it it's best if you have it out far enough to atleast get to it. oh and get a snatch block !!!!that winch should pull anything that rtv hooks to with a good snatch block. you'll be draggin the rtv to the rtee instead of draggin the tree out to the rtv. get a good anchor.j/k</p>

TmHomeBrew

Ok I'll admit it, I've seen these things pictured before but have no idea how to use. I grew up on a farm and probably used one when we made and repaired barb wire fence but I don't get how you'd use one of these. Please enlighten!</p>

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
I agree, if you are using the winch alot then mount it out front where you can take care of things better. </p>

If it is only for emergencies then this setup works okay too.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i ride every weekend when possible and i use the winch about 6 times everytime we ride my winch gets used alot i find it hard tobeliev it's still going after 5 years of use but it's still pulling me out of holes. onething i wanna do is take some of the cable out that way i don't have to worry about stackin the cable. maybe put a half spool on it or something.i always carry about 200' of rope with me so i never need the 50' of cable on the spool so if i was to cut it back to 25' it really would be a better thing . no more stackin less weight and more winch power .</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
well take the cable and pass it through the snatch block and run the hook back to your front bumper or where ever you wanna hook it to on your rtv and put a hook on the snatch block and run it out to the load you wanna pull and pull that way. i'll hook up my ink pen to my puter and draw you a picture and show you better what i'm talkin about..</p>