stereo system for the rtv 1100

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true">while waiting on my acc. for the rtv to come from the dealer i decided to put in a pioneer radio with usb support and some infinity kappa speakers. Couldn't find no boxes to fit so i made my own. Now we have unlimited toons while boppin' around the neighborhood.</P>

pivatic1

Re: stereo system

Thanks to TWO GUNS</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

To keep from cutting the OEM connector wires off , this is your answer, done some research, and this is what I came up with >>>>>> Think it's less than $3.00</P>

Also, found on this forum a color code :</P>

Black---------------------------Ground
Red with white stripe------Always hot
Green with white stripe---Hot in accessory position
Yellow-------------------------Left speaker
Yellow with red stripe-----Left speaker
Blue----------------------------Right speaker
Blue with white stripe-----Right speaker </P>

The RTV 1100 wire harness is wired for the radio, </P>

Speakers are already installed >>>></P>

Note: I wired the radio direct to the hot wire, not to the accessory position !That way, when the engine was turned off, and I still wanted to listen to the radio, I wouldn't be running the HOURS up on the machine and it not running >>> Remember, if you turn that key on the accessory position, the hours will be a clicking on, running the hour meter up !!!!</P>

<FONT color=#000000>http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/CON-90/search/9_PIN_CONNECTOR_.html</FONT></P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<P mce_keep="true">Was that Mike Jagger singing " I can't get no,~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Satisfaction " ? </P>

<P mce_keep="true">Pivatic!,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Where did you buy your Pioneer?????What model number is it??????????What did you have to fork out for it??????</P>
<P mce_keep="true">That is a beautiful setup........Thanks for the pictures.......I might become a street person with a RTV.....I want to buy everything I see that you people put on your machines.....</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil,,,,,</P>

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Pivatic!, Where did you buy your Pioneer?????What model number is it??????????What did you have to fork out for it?????? </P>

www.crutchfield.com model number deh-p4000ub you can sometimes get them at wall-mart spent about 150 bucks.</P>

infinity kappa 62.7i speakers also from crutchfield</P>

Put a 500GB HD with a usb converter and you can play a different song all day everyday for 440 days. Are there that many one hit wonders??</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Privatic1,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">That sure is a nice outfit............[Y]</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil,,</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Nice setup!!

Are there grill covers for those speakers? Any potential issues with hitting it with your foot or leg when getting in/out of the RTV? Just hate to see that tweeter get bumped or something pushing on the woofer. </p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<P mce_keep="true"> Really like that set-up ~~~~ Keep up the great work !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> 99% of the time, I'm in the woods with my RTV alone doing the deer management thing..... during the off season , busting, plowing, ( disking ), planting and spraying. The stereo & satellite radio is a big companion during them long days ~~~</P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4> ~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

purdybass

<P mce_keep="true">Man that is a nice looking set up. I have a 900 and I think I've convinced myslef to trade for an 1100, especially after checking the cows early this morning and gettingdrenched by a sudden down pour. If I trade for one, I definitly want to put a stereo in it, I've read some great stuff on this forum and got some excellent info. I do have a question on the stereo install. Do you have to buy any kind of special install kit, or is there brackets behind the plate in the 1100 to support the back ofthe stereo?</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">Hey Purdy,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Welcome to the forum !!!! Don't know about the install on the 1100, all I have is a 'ole ragged 900 >>>>..</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Give 'em a little time, one of them members will be glad to throw a answer to you ~~~~
</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> HAVE A GOOD DAY !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

purdybass

<P mce_keep="true">Hey Two Guns,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Dont' know about "ole raged" I've seen a few pics you've put up of your 900, nice looking machine! I have a camo unit, I bought it about 2 years ago, and absolutly love it. I was on my way to pick up a Polaris Ranger, when I decided to stop at the Kubota dealer first, sure glad I did! I don't think there is any comparison. I just found this forum a few days ago, and now I'm addicted, I think I've almost read every post out there. I can't believe all the good information there is.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">purdybass,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Yes, they are amazing machines. Very happy with ours.The machine now looks really " Mickey Moused " since I put back on the OEM atv tires back on it and put the 27" 589's up for next hunting season. Kinda wish now I would of left 'em on. Like to buried my unit the other day out in the woods. Used to the more aggressive tires. And before I new it, I was going down and a spinning. Backed out ok, but could of turned into a " winching situation " if I would of gone any further......</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> What part of the country are you from ?</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

<P mce_keep="true">PURDYBASS...</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Welcome to the forum.........You will love this site..................Everyone is helpful and kind........Sometimes we joke around, especially with Bczoom, Two Guns and Tommy..........Everyone on here are great people......</P>
<P mce_keep="true">WELCOME...................</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil.........</P>

purdybass

<P mce_keep="true">Hey Rusty Anvil, thanks for the welcome. I've been picking up alot of knowledge from this site, everyone seems really helpful and ready to help. That's nice to see in this day and age. Do you have a 900 or 1100?</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">By the way, nice looking vet in your pic!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Purdybass</P>

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true">There are grilll covers but they only cover %50 of the speaker. The speakers are tucked under the dash and point up and in toward the center of the cab. The tweeters rotate so they point straight at you. It would be tuff to get your foot up into the speaker itself. The door gas struts were the biggest obstacle, they come real close to the box.</P>

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true">Do you have to buy any kind of special install kit, or is there brackets behind the plate in the 1100 to support the back ofthe stereo?</P>
<P mce_keep="true">There is a bracket that comes with the rtv 1100. I did not use it cause it made it difficult to access all the wires. The rear of the radio sits on the air duct for the cab and the bracket that came with the radio snaps it to the dash. We did a few jumps in the rtv a few weeks ago and again last saturday. The radio stayed put. Does not skip when playing MP3s. Thanks to TWO GUNS for the 9 pin connector info, get one if you plan to install the radio in a 1100.</P>

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true">if your new to the forum you will find a lot of help here. I bought the 1100 on march 15 but have read thru the forums for months. Lots of good info. Thanks to everybody who helped out. </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<P mce_keep="true">pivatic1 ,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Sorry, but I am a little confused........ It's just me .....You said that the grill guard only covers 50%, did they sell you a half moon cover. Something that is not round that will not cover the whole speaker..... please explain ~~ I'm missing something !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Keep going back to the picture you posted, and just cannot figure it out !!!! This is scary, for think I fixin' to go crazy over thinking about the 50% thing >>>>>>> All speakers I've ever purchased had full round covers or Oval covers, which ever style I got ~~</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> [*-)]</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4> ~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true">it is sort of diamond shaped and does not cover the tweeter at all. I 'll try to get a pic up. Just got done loading the rtv with spoil from a ditch i was digging for the irrigation system. My wife drove the rtv( hence the stereo) while i loaded the spoil with the backhoe to keep as much dirt as possible off the grass. Worked just like i thought it would. Kind of a dump truck and loader system on a smaller scale.</P>