OK Lurkers, step on up

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey everyone,

I have a feeling there's a lot of lurkers out there that haven't posted. COME ON OUT!!! Say anything or nothing worthwhile or say nothing in particular about a machine but just introducing yourself.

I posted a thread 7 hours ago and it has 70 views so far. Not all these views are from members...

Heck, most every thread has 20+ views <u>for each post</u>. I'm pretty sure the active members don't read the posts over-and-over again. OK, maybe I do sometimes but it's just a thing, don't hold it against me...

So, I'm just asking that those that visit say "Hi" or something. I, and probably other members would really appreciate it. There's 60-70K+ RTV owners out there and I'll bet many have internet access. I'm pretty sure this is the biggest and/or best RTV forum there is. Come on in and introduce yourself.

Brian

G

Hi my name is Neil, I don't own an RTV but I am an RTV-aholic. </P>

Seriously though... there where 20+ visitors on this morning. </P>

JayC

Hi, guys. I've been lurking around here for a long time now. Just recently signed up. I don't really post much on forums anymore. I just lurk in the background.This has become my favorite site to read anything RTV related. I don't have. I don't even think I have a need for one, but I sure like to read about 'em. [:D] I got to drive a couple UTV's last summer, the RTV being one of them. I will reiterate what so many have already said - it is a tank. Everything about it feels solid as a rock.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey JayC, I know you.

Glad you decided to sign up.

Oh, come on now... Do we really "need" anything? The RTV sure does help getting things done.

Stop back by FF and post. Haven't seen your cat/headphone/dancing avatar in awhile...

KitC

Hi guys. Registered yesterday. My tractor is an L4240HSTC. It's my 3rd Kubota. First one was an L3430. After 2 years on it, decided to go larger. 2nd one was an L5240. Didn't like it. Saw the light and decided at my age, a cab with heat/ac was what I needed.

My wife drives a RTV900 with cab and heater. She loves it. Now there's no "honey, can you come pick this up with your tractor" thing going on :)

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum KitC!!!

Nice toys, er... I mean tools you got there.

I see the snow so you're from the north. Where abouts?

Think we could talk you into giving us more detail on the bed rack you have on the RTV?

Brian

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
KitC,</P>

Welcome and join in on the fun ~~~~~</P>

Happy you like Kubota, Happy your Mrs. has a RTV ~~~~ </P>

Keep the pics a coming, folks here love 'em ~~~` Where parts of the country are ya'll from ..... I can see somewhere where it snows, so it's really not way down here >>>>> Gotta ask the Mrs. also, what accessories is she planning on you buying for her so she may install on the RTV >>>>. </P>

Mrs. Two Guns says she's wanting a rtv of her own !!!! [:^)]</P>

KitC

I'm actually in Kentucky, near Louisville. Just a little snow, but had to get the RTV out in it.

I built the rack on back for her to tie her tiller, shovel, and hoe to. Thought it looked pretty neat too.
1" thin wall tubing slides right down into the holes on the bed. Took the expanded metal shield off the inside and mounted it on the outside. Now no danger of rocks and firewood hitting the rear glass. Made a padded cover to hide the metal tabs that held the metal shield. Cab seems bigger on the inside now :)

KitC

Two Guns, it came bare bones. I had the full cab installed and then added a heater for her.

I need to put bigger, more aggressive tires on it and have been watching and reading all your tire/wheel info. Thanks.

KitC

My wife likes to hang tote bags and stuff like that on them. Usually when she's planting flowers or bulbs.

MRBASS

I am sure guilty of not posting as much as i read.Seems i get caught up in reading and running out to the shop with the laptop and comparingto my RTV that i forget to post anything.I should probably at least post a thank you in Every thread as i have read each one several times it seems, and learned more than anyone can imagine.</P>

I also need to take some pictures and post them before TWO GUNS shows up with a camera [H]</P>

Wife said she didnt think i had time to be "obsessed" with anything other than hunting. [8-|]</P>

Maybe we need some kind of forum for "RTV Therapy"?</P>

JayC

[quote user="bczoom"]Hey JayC, I know you.

Glad you decided to sign up.

Oh, come on now... Do we really "need" anything? The RTV sure does help getting things done.

Stop back by FF and post. Haven't seen your cat/headphone/dancing avatar in awhile...
[/quote]

Thanks, bczoom. [:)] I sure haven't given up on FF or anything. I'm still around, just in the background.

ddttweeks

I already posted this on one of the other forums, but I wanted bczoom to see that got a lurker to come out and play. After 2 years of enjoying this website I'm finally going to make a post. I have owned 2 Rtv's. My first was 2005 Rtv 900 Camo fully loaded (curtis cab,heat,overhead console,bed liner,front and rear work lights,signal lights,tail light guards rear window screen,small truck box). I traded it this summer for an Rtv 1100 Camo (front and rear work lights,winch,spray in bed liner,camo seat covers,stereo,tail light guards,signal lights,3 way rear view mirror,small truck tool box,fabricated front and rear recievers for trailer tie down,sg 5 star wheels,27x9x12 front and 27x11x12 rearItp mudlite xtr radials,rear window screen with custom cut out for rear view mirror visibility,tow strap,tool bag,snatch block,chain) Both of my machines came with rtv style tires fromthe dealer. After reading this forum and taking advice from all the post I finally broke down and bought the new tires last week. Got a chance to try them yesterday on a ride with my buddies and ourwives. (2 mules,1 razor,1 rhino,1ranger,1 honda rubicon) Snow, mud, water, ice breaking we had a great time. From the house to my camp (where the venison stew was placed in oven in the morning) approx. 25 miles round trip. The new tires were well worth the money. I'm sorry I didn't spend the money earlier. There's a huge difference between them and the factory tires. The Rtv's are like a tank in the mud, snow and water. Great machine and built to last.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Glad you come out of the closet, it's time you start showing folks that you have the best machine on planet earth !!!!
</P>

[:-*]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
ddtt,

Welcome to the forum!!

Sounds like you've accessorized your RTV's nicely. Nice looking wheels. How many PSI are you running. They look like they're standing pretty tall and don't have the normal bulge on the bottom.

So, with the Ranger/RZR/Rhino running in the same playground, you've got quite the mix. Do they get along nicely?

ddttweeks

Bczoom I'm running 12psi in the front and 20psi in the rear. Saturday was the first day with the new tires I really haven't had a chance to play with the tire pressure yet. To busy just having fun. The group of guys and gals that we ride with are all great people. I have actually drove all the other machines and have let the others try mine. I think dollar for dollar the kubota is the best value. It's not as fast as the others but I'll take the comfort any day. The 1100 has alot better heat than my 900 had and the cab noise is alot less. Then on a hot dusty the A/C is really great. I do miss my sliding windows. They were real nice just to be able to talk to each side by side.</P>