OK Lurkers, step on up

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you're having fun. That's what counts.

20 psi seems a bit high. There's a couple others running the same tires and playing with their pressure so keep your eye open. I'm guessing/betting 10-12# is going to be the answer. Maybe a little more in the back when carrying a heavy load.
[quote user="ddttweeks"]I have actually drove all the other machines and have let the others try mine.[/quote]
Come on now. What do you think of theirs, what do they think of yours? I'm not asking for a "comparison" as you can't compare a RZR to a RTV, but just wondering what everyone thinks. Around me, they run the go-fast machines. ATV's and Rhino's in particular. They love them (and I love there's too) but... for some reason they carry the lawn chairs in their box and I carry the coolers in mine. They have a chair but I have the beer so they normally don't care that I'm coming up from the rear, so long as I come. I do find they won't get too far in front of me for this reason.

ddttweeks

Bczoom I bought the tires and wheels as a package and they had 10psi in them when i put them on. The fronts were close and the rears way to soft. I figure my 1100 weighs approx. 3000lbs (2400 rtv , tool box with packable grill and other extras 150-200 , 8 gals fuel 60lbs , 300 passengers , cooler full 50 ) I bumped them up just before the ride and looking at them I'd say fronts 10-12 and rears 16-18 will probably be pretty close. The Rtv is definitely the cadillac of the bunch as far as machines go. As a group we do alot of 10-15 mph riding and usually the Rtv is breaking trail. When we have alot of snow the Rhino with tracks breaks trail. As far as extra cargo my box is usually full. If we have an extra passenger we will ride 3 in the Rtv.