Brush Guards

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, here's something to consider...

We all have the grill guard. How about brush guards for the lights and such?

Here's a pic of a "mock up" I did awhile back. It's cut to size. I just never got around to welding them in place.

Tommy - how about something like these but clamp-on instead of weld-on? They offer needed protection and if clamp on, easy to make and install.

Thoughts (by all)?

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i am certaijn i can find the material to make it and yes i can make them if ya'l want them,. they do look cool .

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yes, we can always cut the grate out of a BBQ pit, or the mesh out of a grocery buggie >>>></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5>Two Guns </FONT></P>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns, I can see the headlines now" pieces ofmissing shopping carts found deep in the swamps of La.... Trail leads to RTV owner. Haha[:p] Bordercollie[&]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"]to me it looks like a a/c grill off of a house unit.[/quote]
It's a lot heavier than what's on an A/C unit.

As I recall, this is the material you would buy in large sheets for making cooking grill racks (or similar).

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea i seen some of that stuff at a metal suppler so it shouln't be to hard to get .

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"]who made these??[/quote]
I did.

[quote user="tap rtv"]looks great,how much are they?[/quote]
Thanks. I only made the set for my RTV and haven't priced nor thought of making more.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"]do they bolt on or did you weld them on?[/quote]
Neither.

I cut them to size but never got around to mounting so I put them on a shelf. My intention was to weld on but thinking a clamp-on system would be a more user-friendly approach, especially if produced in volume. Welding would require so many extra steps...

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
PS. They're Patented, Copyrighted, Trademarked, Registered...

If you want to copy this, it's going to cost you. <u>A LOT.</u> I'm thinking of upwards of $1 + shipping if you want me to send you what I made (and you owe me a set if you make some or mine back).

Seem reasonable?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thought I had seen <FONT color=#0000ff>BCZOOM INDUSTRIES</FONT><FONT face=Verdana size=2><FONT color=#0000ff>®</FONT> TRADEMARK , on the lower right hand corner of the Guards. I had to look close, but they are there !!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2><FONT size=5><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000>~~~ Two Guns ~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"]

Thought I had seen <font color="#0000ff">BCZOOM INDUSTRIES</font><font face="Verdana" size="2"><font color="#0000ff">®</font> TRADEMARK , on the lower right hand corner of the Guards. I had to look close, but they are there !!!!</font></p>

<font face="Verdana" size="2"><font size="5"><font face="Arial"> </font><font color="#ff0000" face="JohnHancock">~~~ Two Guns ~~~</font></font></font></p>[/quote]
That's all I need.... Another company. (Where's the smack myself in the head smiley?) Adding this would make 5 companies I've had in the last 7 years. I'd prefer to wrap any products I make/sell into one of my existing companies. That's why I put "Enterprises" as part of the name of one of my current corporations and listed part of its ventures as "and any other lawful activities" (outside of its primary purpose/intent).

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you could take and send me a cardboard cutout of the opening for the lights . or the piece too that way i have smething to go off of because i don't think the bumper is the same on a 900/1100