X1100C wiring information needed

pughde

I have a 2022 X1100C the picture shows the wiring behind the switch panel. I know the 4 spaded wires are 2 positive and 2 ground wires. The blue and white 5 pin connectors are what I am interested in. What does each control? I have attached a picture. I am currently planning to add a rear camera and most likely LED lights from and rear. I know I can wait until I am ready to mount the LEDs but I'm just curious. All wires shown are ignition controlled. 1685718083839.jpeg

tfdr1

White plug is front work lights, blue plug for rear work light and the spade terminals with the gray tube/tape are for the strobe on the roof. The other pair of spade terminals are for what I've heard is for fog lights and the other end is under the hood along firewall.

Dave

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good info guys thanks to both of you for posting this info.

pughde

The 2 pairs of terminals are ignition controlled, they are live, not sure how they feed any predefined set of lights. I was going to use one pair for my camera. I am confused about how they connect to lights.

Reactions: Doc

tfdr1

The 2 pairs of terminals are ignition controlled, they are live, not sure how they feed any predefined set of lights. I was going to use one pair for my camera. I am confused about how they connect to lights.

One set goes to the center spot in the rear on the roof and other set goes under the hood along the firewall. They just short together to complete their circuits.

Dave

pughde

I got a manual PDF, not sure what shorted out means, both terminals are female. Do I use a switch, one is ground and the other is positive. Do I connect them together?

tfdr1

Yes, you connect them together with a SPST switch and the other ends are V+ and ground.

Dave

pughde

pughde

OK started looking at the wiring and may need to replace the RTV wiring connector. This one looks at the top right front is Kubota-specific. I guess I will need to change the connector, will wait until I get my LED light.

Attachments

• Top right connector.jpg
    Top right connector.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

tfdr1

Do you plan on buying the Kubota switches or are you going to wing it with your own? The switches are pricey but makes it easier, FYI.

pughde

Correction, I will buy the Kubota switches to much winging it for me, sending back everything except for LED. Kubota switch's part numbers are:
Kubota #T1065-75360 SWITCH LIGHT, FR and T1065-75370 RR. around $50 each, wow. Please wait until I finish, I will post the results when I get through this maze. I may change out the top connectors that are for the LEDs. Still looking for the adapter, the picture is enclosed. 1685986235084.png

tfdr1

Correction, I will buy the Kubota switches to much winging it for me, sending back everything except for LED. Kubota switch's part numbers are:
Kubota #T1065-75360 SWITCH LIGHT, FR and T1065-75370 RR. around $50 each, wow. Please wait until I finish, I will post the results when I get through this maze. I may change out the top connectors that are for the LEDs. Still looking for the adapter, the picture is enclosed. View attachment 14765

I was going to wing it when I did mine and then decided paying for the switches would be less painful than rolling my own.

Dave

pughde

One set goes to the center spot in the rear on the roof and other set goes under the hood along the firewall. They just short together to complete their circuits.

Dave
Thanks just read your reply again and see the error of my ways, thanks again.