What's the best winch for the RTV?

Nolefan

It looks like a 2" in the picture but it isa 1.25". I usually keep the winch up front and a ball hitch on the back. The picture shows a few other modifications I made such as tie-downs and equipment holders to keep things in place.I was ready to spray a field with 2-4D(?) that day with my lovely helper. She drives and I stand in the back and spray! Thats why one of my next projects is to build a boom sprayer I can mount using the rear receiver. I really like seeing the mods everyone makes and seeing the different ways they use their RTV's.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Like your Sprayer ~~~~</P>

We are fixin to order another Fimco sprayer just for the RTV to start spraying the deer plots >>>>..</P>

Plan on making up a real wide boom, which I will remove the tailgate, and probobly fabricate as I go. </P>

This project will start in themiddle of Marchor so. Deer season stops at the end of Jan. and usally spend a month or so busting hogs and coyotes before preping up my summer plots for the deer ~~ It's a never ending thing !!!!</P>

RickRTV900

Robin from AllTerrainOnline says hello!</P>

I puchased a Honcho 5000 from Robbin last year for my RTV1100 and think it did a good job,</P>

however I have sold my 1100 and am going back to the 900 for several reasons.</P>

I am now in the market for another wich and am looking at the warn xt400 because the </P>

wireless option is built in. (less wires to deal with) The 1100 was almost 2500 pounds and the 900 is about 1900. So the 400 should work well.</P>

RickRTV900

The wireless option for the ramsey winch is about $149.00.</P>

The mounting plate $65.00. So I fabricated a mounting plate for my 1100. But will buy the plate this time for Robbin.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RickRTV900"]

Robin from AllTerrainOnline says hello!</p>

I puchased a Honcho 5000 from Robbin last year for my RTV1100 and think it did a good job,</p>

however I have sold my 1100 and am going back to the 900 for several reasons.</p>

I am now in the market for another wich and am looking at the warn xt400 because the </p>

wireless option is built in. (less wires to deal with) The 1100 was almost 2500 pounds and the 900 is about 1900. So the 400 should work well.</p>[/quote]
Oh my.... I see several threads here.

Care to elaborate?

Why did you go from a 1100 to a 900?

The Ramsey should have a wireless that compares to the Warn. Have you compared?

To myknowledge, the "wireless is built in (less wire to deal with)" doesn't mean there's less wire. Actually, there's slightly more as you need to hard-wire as well as wire the wireless antenna.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well tell 'ole Robbin Two Guns says hello, ***** Them folks at All Terrain Online is some kinda super !!!! Great people to work with >>>>> Wished everybody done business like them, we all would be better off >>>>.</P>

Weight of my RTV 900 was 2120 lbs,back inNovember , at the grain elevatorscales, weight is a lttle more now I added the sliding back glass !!! Keep going at this rate, I'll have my weight over the 1100 series mark ,,,,, ~~~ I just cannot figure out what has got my machine weighing that much more than when I picked it up .... Didn't think that satellite radio added that many more lbs ~~~~</P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5>>>> Two Guns >>></FONT></P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"]I just cannot figure out what has got my machine weighing that much more than when I picked it up [/quote]
I probably shouldn't even comment or reply but I can say that I put about 10-15# of "winter weight" on. It keeps me warmer but it sucks at the scales... Add my winter clothes and I'm 30# over naked weight.

Deerlope

[quote user="bczoom"][quote user="TWO GUNS"]I just cannot figure out what has got my machine weighing that much more than when I picked it up [/quote]
I probably shouldn't even comment or reply but I can say that I put about 10-15# of "winter weight" on. It keeps me warmer but it sucks at the scales... Add my winter clothes and I'm 30# over naked weight.
[/quote]</P>

</P>

I wouldn't get too worked up over it,because when you get to putting that wood pile up for next winter it will come off.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Deerlope"]I wouldn't get too worked up over it,because when you get to putting that wood pile up for next winter it will come off.[/quote]
That's what I thought but it's been a terrible season for harvesting firewood (cold, warm, cold, warm... too much mud) so I can't "get 'er done" at my normal pace. So, I have a beer (add another pound) and just think I'm cutting wood...

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well bczoom, </P>

You know how us bears are, getting INTO everything we can, and eating everything in site !!! [:$]</P>

Deerlope

Maybe you better park the RTV and use a wheel barrow or just carry it in by the arm full, now you know I am joking. Aren't you an ex Marine?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Deerlope"]Maybe you better park the RTV and use a wheel barrow or just carry it in by the arm full, now you know I am joking. Aren't you an ex Marine?[/quote]
Yes, I'm a jarhead... I don't believe there's such a thing as a "Ex" Marine. Semper Fidelis.

A wheelbarrow would be nice but... I've got about $50-60,000 in equipment to process fireood (to save myself $700/year). It't more for the toys than it is for the firewood.... Shhhh, I use the firewood to justify my "toys" to Mrs. Zoom. Heck, it worked so well for awhile that she bought me a new JD tractor with FEL and implements to get firewood. I'm not going to tell her that we could have just paid the electric bill and saved $50,000...

Deerlope

LMAO, She's got to be a real good lady, but hey aren't they all. I bought mine a new chainsaw this year and she has not used it once.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<FONT face=Arial><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff0000 size=4>Psychological warfare will get 'em every time !!! That way, after it's done, you can always walk away & tell 'em ,~~~~</FONT></FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana color=#ff0000 size=4> Gotcha ~~~~~</FONT></P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"]<font face="Arial"><font color="#ff0000" face="Verdana" size="4">That way, after it's done, you can always walk away & tell 'em ,~~~~</font></font>[/quote]
Oh, "gotcha" isn't in my thoughts.
My philosophy is "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission".

RickRTV900

Did you get the winch mount from Robbin @ allterrane?</P>

Also do the two bolts toward the front of the mount attach to an additional frme below the plate?</P>

I had an RTV900 with a ramsey 3000 in the pocket and I agee thats the last place I want my winch.</P>

I puchased an RTV1100 and put a ramsey honcho 5000 winch. For that rig. I fabricated a mount plate welded to the stinger.</P>

Ran the 1100 for six monthes and went back to the 900se.</P>

I haul my grandkida around in it and could not communicate with them or anybody outside that bubble.</P>

Kubota will have to come up with a sliding rear window and someway to open up at least the drivers side window.</P>

There are many other suggetions I have for the 1100.</P>