We did it! New 2015 RTV-X1100c!!!

Nevadablue

Thanks everyone! It looks like the weather guesser was right. Here is the Great Pumpkin with her older sister... this morning.

image.jpg3_1.jpg

image.jpg4_1.jpg

image.jpg5_1.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh, but you have a nice dry seat in the RTV. ;)

24° here this morning but no snow.

Nevadablue

Makes me feel bad to see them cold and wet. The Ranger has been a really good machine. But, we got older and the cold and wet don't fit any more. I took my little dog for a ride in the RTV this morning. Nice and warm and comfortable.
I'm working on a garage to put the flock in. For now the RTV will be inside a shipping container. The BX is already inside the 20' one in this pic. RTV will go in the 40' one. The space between will become the garage.

image.jpg1_2.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You gotta have garage(s) for your "stuff". :)

I have about 3000 sq/ft here at the homestead and that fits most everything except the trailers and the 3PH implements for the tractor. The implements get a coat of Fluid Film so they're OK with being outside.

I also have a 16,000 sq/ft building up the road I can put things but I try my best not to. Once you start down that road, you can really accumulate "stuff". It never freezes so I put "stuff" in there I don't want to freeze (pressure washers, chemicals, paints...). I also store a few things that never seem to get used (canoe, a few spare generators...). This time of year, the lawn furniture and sporting goods go up there as well. It's big enough to play soccer, volleyball, basketball and such.

sunnyside

I bought same model in camo - cab is off the charts nice - only issue is speed and mud - otherwise I love it
I have the camo RTV-X1100C also and have to agree with you. The work site tires are next to useless in mud and snow. That is why I got another set of wheels with the ATV tread which are night and day difference in mud and snow. Not much you can do about the 25 mph max speed. I think Kubota would have way more market share if they jumped up the horsepower and speed (turbo?) on the RTV.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I have the camo RTV-X1100C also and have to agree with you. The work site tires are next to useless in mud and snow. That is why I got another set of wheels with the ATV tread which are night and day difference in mud and snow. Not much you can do about the 25 mph max speed. I think Kubota would have way more market share if they jumped up the horsepower and speed (turbo?) on the RTV.

I have the worksite tires and plow with them. I've never had a problem and I have a few miles of roads with some steep slopes. I originally thought I would need to purchase chains, but so far I've not needed them.
I had a Ranger and replaced it with the RTV. They are two very different machines. The Ranger is for play and quick transportation while the RTV is a workhorse. The 25 mph maximum speed doesn't hinder me at all. I love the control I have with the HST.

sunnyside

I have the worksite tires and plow with them. I've never had a problem and I have a few miles of roads with some steep slopes. I originally thought I would need to purchase chains, but so far I've not needed them.
I had a Ranger and replaced it with the RTV. They are two very different machines. The Ranger is for play and quick transportation while the RTV is a workhorse. The 25 mph maximum speed doesn't hinder me at all. I love the control I have with the HST.
I got stuck more than once last Fall/Winter on my 300 acre property which has a lot of steep hills where I had the most trouble --- trails where I never had trouble before with the Polaris Rangers I had previously. I only use the ATV tires during the winter and put the work site tires rest of the year. I also have a 2014 Honda Pioneer 700-P4 which never gives me any grief with the ATV type tire tread. My property borders a county road so I use the Pioneer when I want to go farther down the road. I think the Pioneer tops out around 45 mph. But I favor the RTV with the climate control.

ovrszd

I got stuck more than once last Fall/Winter on my 300 acre property which has a lot of steep hills where I had the most trouble --- trails where I never had trouble before with the Polaris Rangers I had previously. I only use the ATV tires during the winter and put the work site tires rest of the year. I also have a 2014 Honda Pioneer 700-P4 which never gives me any grief with the ATV type tire tread. My property borders a county road so I use the Pioneer when I want to go farther down the road. I think the Pioneer tops out around 45 mph. But I favor the RTV with the climate control.

Yeah, I have ITP589s on my Rhino. It will go in 2wd where the RTV won't go in 4wd.

I'm looking for some more aggressive replacements. Hard to find ATV tires with enough load rating.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm looking for some more aggressive replacements. Hard to find ATV tires with enough load rating.
My Maxxis Bighorn's never got me stuck.
Not quite as aggressive as the 589's so you won't tear up the lawn in the spring (soft ground).

Attachments

• CIMG0710.jpg
    CIMG0710.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 146

ovrszd

My Maxxis Bighorn's never got me stuck.
Not quite as aggressive as the 589's so you won't tear up the lawn in the spring (soft ground).

Yeah, I've got friends that run those on their sport UTVs. I like the tread concept. Haven't researched their weight hauling capabilities though.

If I remember correctly the 589s are only rated at 570 lbs.

I've not weighed each wheel on the RTV, but I'd guess it's carrying 600 lbs on each rear tire with the bed empty. Then add 1000lbs of cargo and you are at 1100lbs per rear tire. I think the Worksite tires are rated at 1350 lbs capacity.

When I've got a load of green wood on I squat them with 25 psi air.

Hard to find any others rated that high.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Look at Essex mfg. their sure foot tire is rated at just under 1200 lbs. had them on a mule several years ago. No complaints, heavy tire though.

ovrszd

Look at Essex mfg. their sure foot tire is rated at just under 1200 lbs. had them on a mule several years ago. No complaints, heavy tire though.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

The RTV is already a heavy vehicle for it's size so I'm not worried about adding more weight in tires. Especially if they improve it's performance. :)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have the Blackwater Evolutions and am very pleased. The sidewalls are thick and don't squat. I run 20 psi in the rear and 18 in the front. The lugs are deep and have lasted me a long time even with all the hours, I think at least 1200 so far - maybe more ( can't remember when I bought them though) they still have good tread. This week, I drove through slop that was 4 inches deep in 2wd but did have a good base. I think there may be a sticky on tires but not sure. old picture of tires follow. ( that were about 600 for the set delivered. ) collie

Attachments

• 1107141335a.jpg
    1107141335a.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 137

ovrszd

Thanks for the tire pics.

I checked on the Essex Surefoot. Looks like $780 just for tires in 27" size. But they have an awesome load rating.

I'll check out the data on yours. Thanks again.

Nevadablue

Thanks! I know... I was just out there going through survival kits, flashlights, all kinds of goodies that I 'need' to haul along. LOL... The next project must be the lights, then the gun rack. I think I figured out the gun rack just now.

razerface

post stuff on that gun rack,,,that is my next project too when i get some spare time. I have the older 1100. Thinking of bolting a simple rack under the headrest. I need a rifle alot and am getting tired of hanging on to the barrel with the butt on the floor while i drive.

zb39

post stuff on that gun rack,,,that is my next project too when i get some spare time. I have the older 1100. Thinking of bolting a simple rack under the headrest. I need a rifle alot and am getting tired of hanging on to the barrel with the butt on the floor while i drive.

X2 on this. I need a rack to haul 2 rifles for hunting.

tlk

had a long talk with the Essex owner. Nice guy and very knowledgeable. Said their 26 inch do not have as much rubber as the 25 and 27 and less aggressive tread. He also said the the 26's struggle some with the weight of the 1100 vehicle. Think on my next round of tires I will try the 27's - should hold up better to thorns and staubs plus better in mud

ovrszd

had a long talk with the Essex owner. Nice guy and very knowledgeable. Said their 26 inch do not have as much rubber as the 25 and 27 and less aggressive tread. He also said the the 26's struggle some with the weight of the 1100 vehicle. Think on my next round of tires I will try the 27's - should hold up better to thorns and staubs plus better in mud

I researched them online and found the same thing. For some reason the 26"s are built different?? If I go that route I'll get 27"s.