Warn Xt 40 winch and mount for RTV 1100

pivatic1

Somewhere in this forum I saw some RTV 1100's with a warn xt40 winch and mount. Sorry but I don't remember who had the pic but here it is. Where did the winch mount come from??</P>

ddttweeks

pivatic1 </P>

The winch on my 1100 in that picture is a xt30. The bracket is a factory kubota purchased from my local dealer. I have a snatch block set up in my tool box if needed.</P>

dkf435

I think the only difference between the two is that the xt 40 is wider. You may just have to get the factory mount and drill an extra set of holes for the Xt 40.</P>

</P>

David</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Most winch mount kits are just about the same. Just have different pilot holes for different size winches.</P>

Now when you start getting up to something like the 9K Tabor by Warn. You are talking about a whole different ball game of pulling power.... That is a superior winch !!! Plan on getting one for $479.00 delivered to my shop !!! Going to put it up for the something else.... maybe a 1100. [:D] Or just keep it for a back-up, one of them " just in case " situations >>>>>></P>

<FONT size=5><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000>~~~ Two Guns ~~~</FONT></FONT></P>

</P>

pivatic1

that is a nice setup. where did you get the tires?? I looked at mine today with the new bedliner, they are bringing it tomarrow.

ddttweeks

<P mce_keep="true">pivatic1</P>
<P mce_keep="true">The tires are 27" itp mudlite xtr radials mounted on super grip 5 star wheels. Bought them from All Terrain Online .Com (903) 896-7565.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

ez chair

<P mce_keep="true">Just got an XT 40 with Warns mount for the RTV. I will put pictures of the process on once I start install. I think Kobota's mount is Warn's " Re-gifted". (you pay for the new rapping).</P>

dkf435

<P mce_keep="true">The mounting kit comes from Warn. What is nice is that all the wires are pre-cut, terminated, and wrapped. Only thing that was lacking was instructions on where to mount the remote control socket.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">David</P>

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true">do those tires rub? how do they handle compared to the HDWS tires? Does the xt30 pull the rtv with little effort?</P>

ddttweeks

<P mce_keep="true">pivatic1</P>
<P mce_keep="true">The fronts are 27x9x12 and rears 27x11x12. I went with 9 on the front for clearance and so far no rubbing. The difference in traction is very noticable. Last friday night our group went riding in at least 12 inches of meally snow and i broke trail the whole way. Got stuck once in a drifted ditch no other instances. Did pull some of the others in a few places. Towed one of the mules the last 3 miles back to the garage after he blew a belt. One of the other mules tried first and smoked his belt. Thats when the diesel and hydro really shine. Did most of the towing in mid range without any problem. As far as the xt 30 winch i haven't really tested it in any severe conditions yet. I do have a snatch block set up which will double it's capacity. I don't think i will have any problems. I really like the tires for the type of use my 1100 gets. My 1100 came with recreational tires and there is still a big improvement in traction.</P>

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true"></P>thanks...... we went four wheeling in the rtv 1100 today and I went everwhere the ATVs went though not as fast. I have the HDWS tires so they cake up with mud a lot. Gotta get a winch and some tires before I get too brave with it. All of my acc. are on back order, work lights and all, and I got a radio with USB and Infinity speakers ( i found the factory ones under the headliner) coming monday. It will be nice to get it all finished.

pivatic1

<P mce_keep="true">[quote user="ez chair"]

Just got an XT 40 with Warns mount for the RTV. I will put pictures of the process on once I start install. I think Kobota's mount is Warn's " Re-gifted". (you pay for the new rapping).</P>[/quote] Have you started the install yet??