Want my Shine Back ~~

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Need some help, give my RTV a good bath and waxing again today.... </P>

But there is a problem, I cannot get my shine back an my aluminum wheels !!!! They are slowly loosing it's luster &shine !!!! I know there is a product somewhere, for I had it at one time a few years ago, worked great ,but cannot remember the name... Can anyone is RTV land point me in the right direction.. Sure would appreciate it much !!!!</P>

Thank You ~~~~ two guns ~~~~</P>

KevLis900SE

What about that stuff you see Chip Foose advertising with the ball that
goes on a drill,I'm going to look into that for the wheels on the SE.

ddttweeks

Two Guns if your wheels are not coated try your local truck parts store. My friend owned a truck stop and let me use some spray he had on my aluminum trailer. Instant results but I'm not sure what it was called.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"]give my RTV a good bath and waxing again today....[/quote]
OK, how many waxings does your RTV have???

I use a product called "Liquid Glass" that works wonders for cleaning and waxing. It's about $20/pint but it'll take care of your rims. You also won't have to wax anything more than once or twice/year.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
OK, how many waxings does your RTV have???

Bczoom,</P>

If my life depended on it, I couldn't even start to tell you how many coats of wax this machine has ~~~</P>

Your product, Liquid Glass, do I have to clean up the wheels first, and use it as a protectant, or will it help shine 'em back to the new look ~~~</P>

Where do you purcase your LG >>>>></P>

Thanks for your reply ,</P>

<FONT size=4><FONT face=Arial> </FONT></FONT><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT size=4>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
man i never use wax i use son-of-a-gun tire cleaner i spray it all over the whole hpx plastic that is and it leaves a nice shine to it plus the mud comes right off when i wash it i rarely have to use hardly any soap to get her clean. armor-all will do the same thing too.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"]Your product, Liquid Glass, do I have to clean up the wheels first, and use it as a protectant, or will it help shine 'em back to the new look ~~~

Where do you purcase your LG >>>>>[/quote]</p>

Go to www.liquidglass.com for a list of stores that sell it. Pretty much all major auto parts stores sell it.</p>

Basically, give it (whatever you're going to wax) a soap/water bath and let dry. Then use the liquid glass. It'll clean, wax, seal... It removes oxidized (dull) paint, small scratches... Just don't use it on non-painted (normally black) plastic as it's very hard to remove on that type of surface. Heck, I use it on my windshield instead of that stuff that comes in the yellow bottle. If you put it on your windshield, you won't need your wipers for months...</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
bczoom,</P>

Appreciate the reply, going to pick up a bottle tomorrow or Monday !!!!! Soundslike a good product ..... I'm ready for my wheels to shine new again >>>></P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yes, I'm a believer in that STP*Son of a Gun protectant, I spray the devil out of my machine with that product. Top, bottom, sides , under , over,wheels, dash, seats , everything but the muffler ~~~~But I still wax the machine. That is the best product to help mud fall off ~~~~ and makes that machine shine like it just come off the production line !!!! Thanks for the reply !!!! </P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=4></FONT><FONT size=5> ~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT> </FONT>http://kubota.com/f/products/rtv900/08specification.cfm</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"]

bczoom,</p>

Appreciate the reply, going to pick up a bottle tomorrow or Monday !!!!! Soundslike a good product ..... I'm ready for my wheels to shine new again >>>></p>[/quote]
Jamie,

If you apply 2 coats of this wax to your machine, you won't need to wax it again for a year. You can wax everything (the plastic, rims...). Just don't apply to the rubber or the rough plastic (fender flares, plastic roof...).

MRBASS

www.heavymetalpolish.com</P>

TWO GUNS, I promise you there is nothing like this stuff anywhere in the world. This polish will make any aluminum or magensium shine, better than chrome..I use the Course grade first and then the fine grade last. used to use this stuff on my fleet of peterbilts before i got out of the business. if it wont make your wheels shine like chrome i will buy it back from you. Yes it is that good.It will even make your new stick guards shine better than chrome. Best part of it is, it only takes a drop about as big as a quarter to shine one wheel, no buffer needed either.An old sock or t-shirt works great!</P>

I have a couple of bottles if you want me to send it to you so you can try it.. matter of fact come get you some pork Chops,bring the Kubota and we will try it on your wheels.!</P>

Took a couple guys today out with their bows and we shot 3 hogs,,totally awesome stalking them on foot and getting close enough to shoot with a bow.. the first one we shot was at the most 10 YARDS.. talk about a rush..!! [H]</P>

</P>

JW1

Two Guns check out the mag and aluminum polish here. I have used it and it is really good on tarnished and dull aluminum rims.</P>

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/wheelprod.html</P>

Theheavy metal polishMr. Bass is recommending is also excellent. Can't go wrong with it either. You must use some type of fine abrasive on the rims, regular wax will help protect the finish if you already have it shining like chrome, but to remove the tarnish and get the shiny finish back on aluminum you have to use a type of abrasive. The mothers mag and aluminum polish is amedium abrasive then you can follow with the billett polish which is a fine abrasive, the heavy metal is available in various abrasive sizes so you can get the same results.</P>