Transmission issues on new-to-me 900.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome!! Changing it again would probably be a good idea. probably a lot of remnants left on sides and gears etc.. Sorta like a good flush. :) collie

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
congrats on the improved health of your RTV. Glad to hear when a plan comes together with positive outcome. Thanks for sharing.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
I agree bordercollie, if it was that dirty that is almost a must.

Expensive but could mean the difference between many happy days ahead, or just a short reprieve.

Some would suggest just the filters but doing both would be the only way for me.

Have a great summer.

htr4

Just a little update...been using the 09 more than mine now. I've flushed it all out twice since, the first flush was still a little nasty, second was clean as can be. I have kept an eye on it and changed the filters again - we are still clean and pulling strong. In fact, I buried my JD 870 the other day and the 09 pulled it out without too much trouble. No more slipping, no more getting hot...perfect. In fact it still runs better than the 08. If anyone is in doubt, change the fluid... :) Thanks for all the help guys! I'll get a picture of both of them here soon. The 09 is due for a little cleanup and paint now, it deserves it. :)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Just a little update...been using the 09 more than mine now. I've flushed it all out twice since, the first flush was still a little nasty, second was clean as can be. I have kept an eye on it and changed the filters again - we are still clean and pulling strong. In fact, I buried my JD 870 the other day and the 09 pulled it out without too much trouble. No more slipping, no more getting hot...perfect. In fact it still runs better than the 08. If anyone is in doubt, change the fluid... :) Thanks for all the help guys! I'll get a picture of both of them here soon. The 09 is due for a little cleanup and paint now, it deserves it. :)

Now that is wonderful news. :) Enjoy that machine and I look forward to pictures when you have a chance to post 'em. :tiphat: collie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Great job BUd..........glad to see it was so very simple....God is good.........Dennis

Mark.Sibole

always great to hear someone has fixed an issue without Kubots dealerships bending you over.Congrats.Just need to work on mine now.To much to do so little time.

OrangeBuggy

Being a new RTV owner this was a good thread as it shows the importance of changing filters and fluids in the RTV Thanks all, this site has been a learning experience on the care and the fun of owning one of these.
Harry

Mark.Sibole

I think we are all so glad its alive and running well.The problem with buying used unless from a dealer people will try to blow so much sunshine up your ass you can get hemoridal sunburn.
They will basically tell you all is good in the hood just to make the sale.
Im glad it worked out for you and you have a functional machine.
Just keep up on maintanance on all fluids and it should last a long time for you.

Regards

Mark