Trailer

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
We've got several >>></p>

My favorite is the5 x8 single axle >>>> Have different sizes, but this is my favorite for the working RTV ...Has sides on it ( expanded metal >> 18 incheshigh), fenders, no lights,expanded metal tailgatefor loading,hand winch in the front for dragging things up into theback and to secure things in the front. Tie down hooks, andBull Dog swivel jack stand.....</p>

Got to have them fenders. Mud will FLY ahead and eat you & your RTV up >>>></p>

I seen one built, last year I would love to have. The gentleman had the fabricator build it withwide oversize tires so thetires would "float " on top of the ground. The axles were highalso .... best thing I've seen in years !!!!</p>

................. two guns </p>

solitude

</p>

Yep I have a 5by 8 trailer tha I got at LOWES that works just fine with my 1100.Has fenders lights and tailgate ramp.Made from an outfit in georgia but sold thru lowes up here in Mass.Cost $650.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In my opinion, there's several factors that must be considered when choosing a trailer that's going to be used off-road.</p>

Where you live - Do you need to drive it in 4 distinct seasons (snow, mud...)?</p>

Are you driving on a lawn or other area that you don't want ruts?</p>

What do you plan on hauling? Light stuff or heavy loads.</p>

Do you have any gulleys or otherwise to go through (where length may be an issue)?</p>

Is your primary usage for things you toss in there or is it stuff you'll lay in there nicely?</p>

Do you need to drive in the woods or other narrow/confined areas?</p>

Will it be used on the road (where lights and registration may be necessary)?</p>

Do you have other machines that may be pulling it? (e.g. ATV's)</p>

I currently have 8 trailers (not counting those little 10 or 17 cu/ft carts/wagons you get at the box stores or TSC). Three of those 8 are for road use so I'll discount those for what you're considering which leaves me 5 "woods" trailers that I use. Each has features that are unique and are suited well for a particular task based on the answers of the aforementioned questions.</p>

Mannie

Hi Two Guns. Can you send a pic of your trailer? I am going through this trailer issue right now. I need one that will haul material into the hunt camp 3 miles by old logging trail. Need to be able to haul 4X8 sheets of plywood. Also has to have removable front and rear tail gates with an extendable tongue arm so I can load the long pieces of lumber. I am considering one with walking tandem axles and atv tires so it does not sink. I want to haul heavy firewood out as well. Any pics from anyone would be good. Bring on the ideas!</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Mannie,</p>

My favorite RTV trailer ( 5x8 )isout on another piece of property, but , have a picture here with one of my trailers by my shop, that the trailer is just about the same as the other. Differences on the other,is the sides have expanded metal to keep items from falling out, and a winch on the front, and better trailer is only eight foot., Oh yes, this one has lights, the one out on the plantation does not. But it's not going on the road. It's strictly a working trailer for the RTV .</p>

Keep in mind, that where the open spaces is in the sides on this picture, the open spaces on the working trailer has expanded metal. Now, if I haul pipe, wood, ladders,longer items ,etc... etc ... >>>> put one end toward the front, and let the other end rest on the top of the tailgate. Rides like a dream, no problems ever .</p>

Always try to " center " your loads, above theaxles,makes it easier on you, trailer, & your RTV. </p>

you see two guns, this trailer is nice dont get me wrong but i need something no wider than the RTV and with more off road tires like this</p>

</p>

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica;">
hd1500ta_profile_small.gif
</p>
</p>

well the picture didnt work but it was the polar 1500 with tandem axle a real nice trailer and i want one but dont have the cash right now</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Here is a trailer I picked up the other day, it's a two - four wheeler trailer. Didn't need it really, but it will come in handy for thesize of it .... and the price was perfect !!!! One loads from the side, the other, from the back >>></p>

And, it is a little wider than a four wheeler. Haul four wheeler on the trailer, when you get there, hook trailer onto the four wheeler and GO >>>>>>>>>>>></p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
to bad you don't live close to me i have a 4 and 1/2 foot by 4 and 1/2 foot trailer i made for my hpx it's one tuff little trailer make anoffer i could post pictures. as for me i just pull a small converted boat trailer tohaul my stuff it's light and pretty easy to move around.</p>

Mannie

Thanks! Nice, but up here in Bancroft Ontario, Canada we have too many issues with rocks, clearance, gulleys, stream crossings, mud holes, etc. Just like you have to deal with that gumbo mud! I need something custom. High clearance, 2 wheels on each side. Something like this without the bizzare price...www.atvwagon.com/1600utility.html</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a trailer like the one Mannie posted. Mine isn't quite as big (it's a little narrower and the tires aren't as tall). I also don't have the hyd lift. It's a great trailer because of the floatation offered and the great weight carrying capacity. It's my "go to" trailer when I want to bring firewood to the house in the winter. The small (compared to others) cargo bed isn't the best if you want to haul bulky or large items (like brush or plywood). It also weighs about (at least) twice as much as any similarly sized trailer.</p>