Think I have decided on a Winch mount,maybe.!

MRBASS

Here they are,,,not much but for free,, it is AWESOME.. Now if i can just figure out how to mount it.!!!!

ez chair

Not Much! MrBass that a great looking unit. Seeing that I would take its mounting plate and mount that plate by using both sets of holes (bumper + pocket) minimum of 5 used, 3 front, two in pocket. Some bar stock or plate from the local hardware and you are on your way.

Nolefan

I put the Warn 3.0CI winch on my RTV with the multi mount system and quick connecter kit you showed. I don't have the paperwork available right now but I would swear that the kit recommended by Warn for that winch was the 50 amp connectors. I have had no problems so far and everything seems to work fine. The winch by itself would not fit the bolt hole pattern in the pocket so I went with the multi mountbracket and had a plate fabricated for the front bumper. Local welding shop did it for $35 with me supplying the receiver tube and them supplying the 1/4" plate and welding the receiver to the plate and cutting out the 2 bolt holes I use to mount the plate directly to the bumper. The multi mount/winch assembly slides into this receiver or the back receiver and plugs into the quick connects I have run tothe front and the back. Some of the concerns raised by others are valid. I think I would avoid any sideways winching with the winch in the rear assembly but I have already is used it in the rear receiver for a straight pull and have no concerns with this. I will try and attach a few pictures to clarify what I have described. I was able to install everything in a half a day and that was taking my time and thinking things through as I went. Hope this helps.</P>

ez chair

Like that reciever, Nolefan. My dealer told me that I still needed a mounting plate even if I mounted in the pocket. The holes in the pocket are for the plate not the winch. Some one else though said the Warn 2500 and 3000 series direct mount in the pocket. Since you and my dealer say no direct mount in the pocket I will go with that. I will be mounting outside for ease of use.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice setup Nolefan!!!

[quote user="Nolefan"]and thinking things through as I went. Hope this helps.[/quote]
Well, it doesn't help. Your thinking things through makes the rest of us look bad... [:p]

[quote user="ez chair"]Like that reciever, Nolefan. My dealer told me
that I still needed a mounting plate even if I mounted in the pocket.
The holes in the pocket are for the plate not the winch. Some one else
though said the Warn 2500 and 3000 series direct mount in the pocket.
Since you and my dealer say no direct mount in the pocket I will go
with that. I will be mounting outside for ease of use.[/quote]
OK, I've got a beer on this one.

I say that a 2500 or 3000# Warn or Ramsey bolts directly into the holes in the pocket. Others may but these will. Stick a tape measure in there and tell me if the pattern is 3 x 4.88"<font size="-1">.</font> That's the standard bolt pattern for these winches. The 4K# winches normally then go to 3" x 6.66".

MRBASS - On your winch, the layout doesn't look right.
In my opinion...
The
winch is upside down as pictured. When you're looking at it as if
you're what's going to be connected to (from the front of the machine),
the release knob should be on the right. The cable end should be
coming out the other side of the winch (out the side toward the top of
the picture).

ez chair

Sorry BC, Go to Superwinch site and you will see that the T2000 loads oppisite of what you are use to. Release knob on left. This winch may be a knock-off of that winch. I hope this meens we can share a beer, I'll buy. As far as winch in pocket I am back to where I started, I think up to 3000lbs fits, But I know for sure, snow fitts in it perfectly.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="ez chair"]Sorry BC, Go to Superwinch site and you will see that the T2000 loads oppisite of what you are use to. Release knob on left. This winch may be a knock-off of that winch. I hope this meens we can share a beer, I'll buy. As far as winch in pocket I am back to where I started, I think up to 3000lbs fits, But I know for sure, snow fitts in it perfectly.[/quote]
Hey, my beer bet was that the Warn/Ramsey 2500/3000# winches fit in the snow pocket without having to install another mounting plate.

For the Superwinch, I have one mounted on one of my ATV's. The knob is to the right. Maybe you can install either way or they're unit specific based on space available. Or maybe I just installed mine upside down...

I'll still have a beer with 'ya. You claimed the first round, I'll buy the 2nd round.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
On some winches, like the Ramseys, you can Rotate the Motor >>>>> look on page 4-7, this will give you a idea, maybe that winch can be done the same way if need be, in case the " kick-out " latch comes in the way and wants to contact something >>>>> or if wire harness needs to come in from a different direction ......</P>

http://www.ramseypdfs.com/owners_search_pdfs/914053-0105-R.pdf</P>

</P>

<FONT face=Arial size=5></FONT><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></P>

Nolefan

Unfortunately I am about 800 miles from the RTV right now but I know that either it did not fit the hole pattern, or to get it to fit, the spool "disengage/engage" cap would be practically inaccessible in the pocket because it would have been tight to the side if that makes sense. Two Guns may be right about switching the motor to the other side but while researching the mounting adapter I came across the multi mount.</P>

BC-Don't be modest! Ihave enjoyed reading all the threads of the work you and others have done on your RTV's and I would not dare compare my work to your guys efforts. The main reason I go slow is that over the years I fnally realized it took me longer to go fast after I figured in the time wasted going back and redoing things!</P>

This forum keeps me going until I can get back up and have some quality seat time in my baby. This picture was back in Dec. Right now its 78 degreeshere at homeand I just kicked the ac on to take some of the humidity out of the house.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
For how do you stand to stay 800 miles from the RTV. Florida folks like RTV's too !!! [:O]</P>

It's 36 degrees here, mine's inside the shop !!!! .>> >>>> by the weather channel, it's39 degrees next to your RTV at home .. Did you leave it a blanket ?</P>

How long do you plan on staying away from your machine ?</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=5> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

Nolefan

Beleive me when I say I would much rather be in North Carolina but me and the missus full time jobs are down here. We recently finished a home there and spend summers and most of the extended school breaks like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and spring break.(We both are teachers) The RTV stays nice and dry in the garage. Gets a little cold but nothing too bad. Unfortunately here in very urban S. Fla. there is no where to use the RTV so I live vicariously through all of you full-time owner/users!

EZ,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Let us know what your Warn Rep says when he gets back from his dealers meeting..........Thanks EZ..</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil.........</P>

ez chair

Will do Rusty, He and his wife are combining it with a vacation. I should know what's new by the end of the month. I'm hoping they introduce an XT 40 but, we'll have to wait and see.