The "NEW' 2024 RTV-X Model

Smilingreen

Welp......According to Messicks video, the RTV X900 and the RTV X1120 models are going away and will be replaced with: The 2024 RTV-X. (Marketing Genius! Never mind how confusing that name will be at the parts counter) Comes in all the usual colors, plus Sand color. Will use the RTV X1120 engine, the bed sides will all fold down to make a flat bed, new tire design, comes with low beam LED headlight bulbs, but if you spring for a major upgrade package, they will include LED high beams, etc, yady yah. Right now, the base model MSRP is $17K for the US market. No idea what all the bells and whistles added on will cost.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 4.50.22 PM.png

ItBmine

I like the new beds with the fold down sides, and the sounds of their claim "easier shifting"

But I'm keeping my 2020. The price increases over the past year are insane. Not willing to waste thousands for that.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
The RTV-X900 is not “going away”…. I already HAVE one and plan to KEEP it. :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah…Kubota is making incremental improvements to their products … like they always have…. and they are “consolidating” their model-lists.

It looks to be good progress…but at a distinct price increase.

woof

I like the new beds with the fold down sides, and the sounds of their claim "easier shifting"

But I'm keeping my 2020. The price increases over the past year are insane. Not willing to waste thousands for that.
Just got an RTV-X a month or so ago. 80 hrs on it so far. You can actually take the tailgate and sides off the bed if needed. Or fold them down.

Reactions: Doc

woof

Just got an RTV-X a month or so ago. 80 hrs on it so far. You can actually take the tailgate and sides off the bed if needed. Or fold them down.
As for the shifting I still have to push the selector up occasionally to lock into low. Same with reverse.

Len 900

Thanks for the update on the easier shifting. To me this would be the most important improvement. How do you like the new design hand brake handle?. I am thinking of retrofitting the new handle to my old x900. The new John Deere gator is insanely priced at over 30 thousand for price comparison.

woof

Thanks for the update on the easier shifting. To me this would be the most important improvement. How do you like the new design hand brake handle?. I am thinking of retrofitting the new handle to my old x900. The new John Deere gator is insanely priced at over 30 thousand for price comparison.
I have no issues with the hand brake. Works great for me.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
A smart move for Kubota would be a start a loyalty program that rewards existing Kubota customers with a meaningful discount on any new products, like the X model. Meaningful for me is like $1000-1500 off the price. Of course, if they like their sales volume as it is, they probably wouldn't consider that. If they did that, I might consider the move to X or the X1130. I love that larger bed.

ItBmine

A smart move for Kubota would be a start a loyalty program that rewards existing Kubota customers with a meaningful discount on any new products, like the X model. Meaningful for me is like $1000-1500 off the price. Of course, if they like their sales volume as it is, they probably wouldn't consider that. If they did that, I might consider the move to X or the X1130. I love that larger bed.
The prices in Canada are so insane now, Kubota removed all pricing off their web site. For me, the discounts would have to be in the 5 to ten thousand range to be back to prices at the start of covid.

SOOOO glad I got set up with all the tractors, atv's, utv's and automobiles I need to take me to the end of my life before all these prices went nuts. I feel sorry for anyone that has to buy anything now.

Last edited:

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I am in a similar situation except I am planning a towable backhoe purchase. Once I have that, the stable will be complete. I just sold our 9N and all the implements except the disc harrow and an extra blade. Now I have room to store the next purchase. Unless there is a major pullback in sales, I don't look for Kubota or any of the equipment companies to roll back the prices - even a little.