Soft doors for Kubota 900xt

jegotcher

I'm a new Kubota 900xt owner and have added some Kubota accessories. I got it with the glass windshield, added a Kubota heater and driver's side wiper. I checked with my dealer; a hard door kit costs about $3000 and comes with the glass windshield (which I wouldn't need). I checked some sites with aftermarket kits for cloth doors with marine vinyl windows for about $500-550. Are these any good for general winter use down south? Which manufacturer makes the best soft door product? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!

Popo1945

My 04 900 came w/ the blk plastic top & a glass windshield from the dealer. So, I worked out a deal w/ him for the steel top & the soft doors & installed them myself. I'm not real happy w/ the fit. I had to bend the leading edge of the steel frame work to lessen the gap which acts like scoop when going down the road. In the MN winter that's a lot of cold air. I got the passenger's side to fit well. I'm still working on the driver's side. I put a couple of 2x4 blocks under my 2500HD laid down a blanket then the door, put a bottle jack w/ a pad under it. Then, used the weight of the truck to bend the door frame. I need to put a little more bend in the driver's door.

jegotcher

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Kubota soft doors are kind of a hassle. Did your dealer think you needed the heavy duty front shocks and struts with the additional frame? I think I may be better off with the cloth doors that velcro on to the ROTF?

Popo1945

The hinges seem to be a little bit light duty but, they r holding up okay. The hinges r bolted to the rectangular tubing at the rear of the cab & I think u could crush the tubing if u got over zealous w/ the wrenches. I'v thought about tack welding them to keep them from ever coming out of adjustment. I see Stubby62 has the steel doors on his 900. I don't know how his hinges r holding up. The dealer recommends the HD struts for an enclosed cab & for just anything in the way of added weight. I don't know why they don't put them in the 1st place - wait a minute, I do know why - so they can get more of your money. I installed the HD units for bigger tires & a plow - now I can't afford the plow.

vfr700f2

The soft doors work great in the winter in FL. We leave the doors on for summer in case of rain, and just tie them fully open when there's no rain. No problem with durability after 2800 hrs in 7 months, except when someone runs into them.

As for HD springs, I have brush guard, glass windshield, wiper, soft doors and a few other little things. The dealer recommended HD springs so we got them. I ended up with excessive positive camber and rapid wear on the outsides of my tires (100% pavement use). Put the stock springs back in, problem went away.

If you don't have a plow, or maybe a winch, stick with stock springs.

kevin

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
400 hours per month? That's running it more than 13 hours a day, every day. Did you mean 280.0 hours in 7 months, maybe? I believe there is a decimal point before the last digit, isn't there?

vfr700f2

You must have signatures disabled. Mine reads:
Four 2012 RTV900s, towing 2000 - 6000 LBS on pavement, 12 hours a day, every day. Two more coming soon.

Haven't got approval on the "2 more" yet. Maybe next year.

Popo1945

I like the soft doors on my 04 rtv. They r lite weight & easy to remove if necessary. I usually leave them on all summer & roll up the soft windows as vfr700f2 does. My only issue is, as I stated before, the fit of the weather stripping on the front edge. A little gap produces A LOT of cold air here in the winter! This summer I'm going to have to work on draft issues. Another problem area is cold air from under the hood coming through from under & through the dash (around the gear shift opening). There are sooooo many opening to plug!!! Under the existing conditions my heater can't keep up - even after installing the oem insulation. Vfr700f2 how do your doors fit? Did they come w/ your rtv? Do u have soft door on your 1100's? If so, they probably fit a lot better than on my 04 & hinge at the front - mine are suicide doors.

vfr700f2

My doors are the dealer installed genuine Kubota items. They are also a suicide door. Since winter here involves temps no lower than mid-30s, we don't have to worry about air gaps and such, but they do seem adequately sealed.

If I was using mine in MN winters, I'd want a hard door setup. I demoed a hard cab 1140 with AC and it was pretty awesome, but my drivers need to be able to hear someone yell outside, and you really can't do that with the isolation of the hard cab, combined with AC blowing and the engine/trans noise.

HTH
kevin

Mark.Sibole

Im looking into a soft door set for mine soon.Im looking for opinions of what ones are best.I dont mind the cold and you will get enough heat from the motor I think.Im not looking to keep it 70 degrees in the cab in the winter more to keep the high winds out on them cold days of plaowing.I already have the plastic roof and a hope made windshield out of auto glas and a wiper so im set there.Id just like to get a door set and a rear window on mine to keep blowing snow and blowing rain out on them nasty days.

jegotcher

Does anyone have any experience with non OEM soft top sets for the 900xt? They are made by various manufacturers (USA UTV Accessories, Orangeaftermarket.com, Mammoth Designs, Essex Mfg.) and are vinyl windows and ballistic cloth type vinyl.They attach with velcro or snaps. Do they accommodate Kubota accessories mounted on the rear window screen area, such the rear work light or high mount air cleaner? Which is the best (outside of the great enclosed cabs of the 1100's)? Thanks!