Seeking Advice on Backhoe Attachment for New Holland TT5 5

Coop0817

Good afternoon! I’m a new member here, so I apologize if I’m not posting in the right place.
I’m looking to add a backhoe attachment to my 2004 New Holland TT55 (with about 1,200 hours). While there are plenty of used attachments available locally, I’m not familiar with them and want to avoid buying something incompatible. I’d rather not end up needing to sell it if it doesn’t fit.

I’ve read mixed opinions on 3-point hitch backhoe attachments—some say to avoid them, while others recommend them. Both types are available in my area. I don’t plan to do commercial excavating; I just want to clear about 15 acres and dig out stumps and brush.

I came across a Woods BH80-X Groundbreaker, which is in great shape and seems big enough for my needs. However, I’m not sure if it’s compatible with my tractor. Would I need a specific mounting frame, or will it connect as is? If a mounting kit is necessary, where should I start?

Should I even consider a 3-point backhoe attachment? They seem a bit cheaper, but I don’t want to waste money if they’re not the right fit.

I’d appreciate any advice or recommendations. Feel free to ask if you need more details about my tractor.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Backhoe.jpg
    Backhoe.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 0

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's a tough one. Hard to match up that stuff ones it gets a few years old and the dealer no longer sells the set up. That was my case with my 2002 Kubota.
You won't want to hear this but my advice for clearing 15 acres and digging out tree stumps is an excavator. Rent or buy used. They will do so much more than a tractor mounted backhoe.