RTV X900 vs. X1120 D

P7rancher

Started off looking at the X900 as I think it has plenty of power for my needs. But, drove a X1120 D and there is a noticeable difference in power.

Talked with a dealer in Ok. last week and he said they have had a hard time getting rid of their X1120's. They sell way more 900's.

Other than higher price, is there a problem with the X1120 engine/ Hydoestate combo. I know some do not like the doors but for trail riding I think they are an improvement.

Are they about a $1500 up charge compared to the X900?

Pros cons to the X1120 vs. the X900?

Thanks in advance and glad I found this forum!:wave:
Steve

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Steve. Welcome to our forums. I'm glad you found us.

I have not heard of any issues with the 1120. I would suspect the dealer said that since they are more expensive. Some others with experience should be along but unfortunately we've had server issues for the last week. More will be by to give a more definitive answer soon.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have no practical experience with the 1120 other than comparing one to the X1100C when i was shopping. i went with the X1100C. i think for 1500 dollars the X1120 would be allot more bang for the buck over the 900. but don't get me wrong i think the 900 is a well proven format.

ovrszd

Not being familiar with new machine prices it's hard to equate $1500? If talking about a $15,000 purchase, $1,500 is only a 10% increase. For me, I'd pay 10% more to get the extra HP.

Are the additional feature differen es in the two machines?

P7rancher

Thanks for the replies so far. The X1120 includes half doors, black or chrome spoke wheels and the larger engine, 21 hp to 24 hp.

I looked at two yesterday, one was a new 2013 and one was a new 2014, both on the same dealers lot and both with less than 4 hours. Dealer admitted they had sold out of the 2016 X900's and had reordered. I just do not understand why these machines are not selling compared to the X900's ?????

Thanks for the replies.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it might just be the dealer. when i purchased my RTV in Edmund the best seller was the 1120 and the 1140. folks were really going for the four seater and convertible bed. there are also many aftermarket accessories for both

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Didn't the 1100's a few years ago have some kind of suspension "play" problem in the axle/wheel area that perhaps carried over with the reputation?...........WOW....a 13 still on the lot!!! There ought to be some significant DISCOUNT involved there that would make the decision easy. The warranty and all should be there so what is the decision?????.........

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Didn't the 1100's a few years ago have some kind of suspension "play" problem in the axle/wheel area that perhaps carried over with the reputation?...........WOW....a 13 still on the lot!!! There ought to be some significant DISCOUNT involved there that would make the decision easy. The warranty and all should be there so what is the decision?????.........

I think the suspension play hasn't developed into a problem and kubota addressed the front suspension clunk with shims that have solved that issue. anyway the x1120 would still be the same suspension as the x900 "i think"

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just another wrinkle>>> i purchased a used 2008 1100C after my first purchase of the X1100. in my opinion they are a bargain and some really low hour 1100's are coming to market for cheap that have many many years left in them and yoy get to have air conditioning and a wonderful heater. also the older 1100 has a bigger bed than the newer ones.