RTV high mount air kit/ snorlel

I was considering getting the High mount air kit for going through rivers and such. Is this its intented purpose? Is it the same as a snorkel? Have you ever gone through any deep mud or water with or with out one?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="Johndeeremho"]</p>

I was considering getting the High mount air kit for going through rivers and such. Is this its intented purpose? Is it the same as a snorkel? Have you ever gone through any deep mud or water with or with out one?</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

I would strongly suggest getting a High Rise Intake for the RTV. For reason of Kubota put theair intake in the worst place. Dirt, Dust, everything forms a vortex right there, and gets sucked up into themexpensive filters, where it come from the factory. I really don't think it was intended for it to be a snorkel, but some of us has used them as such. NOW, remember, your tranny filler cap has a vent on it, and it will let water into your transmission, that is something you DON'T want to do . VENT IT ....</p>

I would not own a RTV withouta high rise intake...., even if I never run in any water. </p>

Make sure you have everything vented properly, and sealed before jumping in ....</p>

</p>

</p>

Thanks Jamie. I do agree that i need one. The thing that really gets me is all these people goin all these EXTREME places with there rhinos and rangers and such and they think a RTV wont go and i want to be the one to prove that The good ole RTV will go there.</p>

</p>

Also i was considering getting a set of ITP rims. they say the weight limit per wheel is 700 pounds witch would be 2800 pounds. Does that mean if i try to pull a 4000 pound load they they will collapse or if i put 1000 pounds in the bed?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The truth is, you don't have to prove anything to anybody my friend >>>>There is many that has done that for you !!!! THE RTV IS A TANK, PERIOD !!!! </p>

I, myself, don't do all that crazy stuff, but I do work the hell out of my machine in these swamps down here . Also, let me say this, we use our RTV, but we don't abuse it. </p>

Now, the ITP rims .... Don't worry about crushing the rims, don't believe it will happen. For that is another thing that " we " , RTV owners has done. We all have loaded the heck out of these machines . For about four months, I run the OEM recreation tires, in the rest of the year, we run the devil out of the ITP 589's and the ITP aluminum rims . LOVE 'EM >>>></p>

Don't let anybody stroke you into tearing up your investment !!!! If they want to run the belt driven machines , let them run them. You've got the best on the market, that is my two cents worth !!!!</p>

</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
go with the ss108's i had a set on my rhino and man them things are real easy to wash out.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
go with the ss108's i had a set on my rhino and man them things are real easy to wash out.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
here's a picture that twguns sent me a while back.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

biglanepx0.jpg
</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That man thereruns the heck out of his machines .... And he don't abuse them, he works in them and hunts in them.</p>

Matter of fact, they are running, If I'm not mistaken, two 900's and two 1100 series RTV's in these swamps ...</p>

</p>

You can't run them belt driven machines like this >>>></p>

Seeing is believing, don't ever let your eye's deceive you .... look at the '" WHOLE PICTURE "' >>>></p>

</p>

....... two guns </p>

</p>

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I refrain from calling the high mount filter a "snorkel" as that implies that one can go that deep in water or muck.......WRONG........Yes, let the idiots do that and tear up their machines; but for me, mine is ALL work. Inflicting damage just to play is not in the cards. I dont have the money nor more importantly the time for "caused" damage.</p>

The high rise air filter is a totally necessary add on. Before I got it was blowing out the filter every 10 or so hours. 300 hours after beginning to use it, have never even shaken it out. Yes, I open it and take a look; but it is always like new. Easy install and yes, worth the money............Dennis</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Johndeeremho"]The thing that really gets me is all these people goin all these EXTREME places with there rhinos and rangers and such and they think a RTV wont go and i want to be the one to prove that The good ole RTV will go there.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Beyond what others have already stated, here's something else to consider. If you do go into those extreme places and do get stuck, a combination of a Rhino and a Ranger combined pulling may not get you out. When it happened to me, it tooked a tracked skidsteer to pull me out. I had a 500cc ATV and a Rhino both pulling and they couldn't budge me.</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you can say that again when i would go riding with my hpx and rhino the hpx couldpull the rhino out 99%of the time but when that hpx got stuck i needed to use my winch because that rhino woudn't budge it.now i did bury my rhino one time in mud up to the seats and not just any mud it was thick clay mud we had my winch and a 400 kawasaki 4x4 pulling and it wasn't movin so we had to go get my buddy's f250 and hook to it . even with the truck and 4wheeler pulling it hardly moved. we unhooked the 4 wheeler and my buddy had to keep jerkin the rhino with his thruck to get her out. i keep a 50 lbs onion sack or crawfish sack full of rope and slingsi have about 200 ffet maybe more of rope i carry at all times plus my box with my stuff in it.if your gonna play in the mud then you gotta get some rope and a ver good winch.if you could mount it i would go with no less than a 4000lbs winch but being it's a rtv that weighs a crap load i would try to find a 5000 or 600k lbs winch.the best part of mud riding is getting stuck . it's even funner when you have the stuff to get yourself out.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
the highmount air kit is close to a snorkle but i would test it out with some air and soapy water first.as for as the belt drive utv's go i had two of them and never had a problem with water or power . now as with any utv or 4 wheeler if your gonna go in the deep stuff you have to set it up to do it. here's a video of a snorkled rhino going across a pond that is about 6foot deep. as you will see in the video as long as the snorkle is up out the water the machine will keep going.</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM4C1O6soyA</p>

markc

Thats ok wait to he starts replacing those u joints and bearing like i have at 375 hours. big money</p>

Yea i guess all of you are right. I talked to the local powersports dealer NOT the kubota dealer and they told me that a 4000 pound winch ran a risk of pulling my frame in half.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i don't think any atv/utv winch will pull your rtv in half if it ever did i want one of them because that's some serious power.</p>

Thanks to TwoGuns I got the high mount air cleaner on mine and it has been a life saver on those dusty Montana roads. My dealer told me that he has seen a lot of RTV-900 come in with blow alernators due to getting them into water that was to deep.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
the alternator shounldn't short out in thewater . if you have any worries just take it off and pask the connections with dieelectric grease . infact whether you drive in water or not it's best to go get a tube of that grease and go one by one to every electrical connection you can find and unplug it and pack it with grease.not only will it protect it from moisture but lets say a year or two down the road you wanna take the connection apart it will be easier because the connection will not have oxidized and sorta welded itself together. i go through my rhino and my hpx when i had it and i would repack them every year .now i do submerge my stuff in water/mud but i would do it anyway.the tube isonly like 3.00 and it will last you a few years.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
ALWAYS REMEMBER, Kubota owners are very smart people !!!! When they became a RTV owner, they juststepped into another dimension. It's like a flip of a switch !!!! </p>

With that being said, Kubota owners DON'T do stupid things like messing up a good piece of equipment to prove a point to others. They just sit back and let the " wormy minds " detroy thiers >>>></p>

And a simple question, would you want these caliber of folks packing YOUR parachute ? It something one needs to really stop and think about !!!!</p>

</p>

Johndeeremho >>> check your email </p>

........... two guns </p>
<div><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"></span></div>

i dont know how to check my mail on here but me email is johndeeremho at verizon.net</p>

</p>

EDIT BY BCZOOM: break apart e-mail address so bots don't get it.</p>