RTV 900 Winch Questions.....

vasellers

Oh yeah, I have some of that stuff so now I have a reason to use it!! Thanks again, already have the winch mounted, mounting plate with fairlead and short cables attached. Just have to finish up the solonoid and actuator for the wireless remote and run the cables.

pappy19

Yes, I know it takes an extra mounting plate that sticks out some, but that's they way I'm going. With 65' of cable and 5000 lbs of pull, I should be in good shape to pull me out of a mud hole or pull an elk up hill. I'm getting it installed on Friday.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
If you have a doubt about the pulling power, pick yourself up a snatch block, will double your pulling power. I myself like the winch mounting plate, so I don't have to stick my head in the mud, to find the winch and the I can see the the spooler rolling up proper when it's time to roll it back up ....

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="vasellers"]Just have to finish up the solonoid and actuator for the wireless remote and run the cables.[/quote]
Plan ahead when you do the placement of the solenoid and such. If you plan on putting anything else under the hood (e.g. a toolbox), you may need to consider your placement appropriately.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have no plans for a toolbox or anything so here's my placement.
Please disregard the sand. That's a story for another time...

The solenoid is screwed down and the other box is attached via zip-ties.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here's a pic of the "original" antenna placement. I've since replaced it with the Ramsey magnetic one (that looks like a magnetic CB antenna) which sits under the hood, forward of the solenoid.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">It appears to be Ramsey part # 251251 (but there's another antenna with the same description and has a part # </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">289192 so confirm if you're going to order one.</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">

</font>Here's a link that shows what it looks like.
http://www.ramsey.com/automotive/wirelessremote.html

I got mine from Ramsey. Some of the strip antennas had some issues a few years back. I was able to get in contact with some great people at Ramsey and we worked out what the issue was (a bad solder job) and for my problems they gave me this antenna instead.

vasellers

Got the wench mounted, solonoid and wireless receiver, cables and wiring ran and installed the interior toggle switch beside the 12 volt "cigarette lighter" outlet. Works like a charm!! Thanks for the advise and pictures.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
/cs/Themes/default/images/user_IsOffline.gif vasellers </P>

Sounds great, Your ready to go >>..</P>

Like I said before, if you have a doubt about your pulling, you can always do the snatch block thing >>> makes things alot easier & less labor on your equipment ********</P>