RTV 900 verses RTV 1100

coobie

I have a question for you folks who have owned a RTV 900 and then bought a RTV 1100 are you happy you did so?I have a 2006 RTV 900 and have been leaning towards a buying new RTV 1100.Thanks for any information,coobie</p>

solitude

Hi there coobie
Yep I hada 900 and got the 1100.Should have bought 1100 infirst
place.The cab is a real treat.So much nicer da heater works great and the AC works great too.No dust in the cab when fillin body with dirt.The roof is different so you can load with tractor easier.More storage space under the seat.Not so noisey with doors closed.Theradio isn't much hard to use.If Ihad to do that overI would have got an aftermarket one.I think the speakers are in there anyhow but not sure.Buy the 1100 you won't be sorry!</p>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
[quote user="solitude"]</p>

Hi there coobie
Yep I hada 900 and got the 1100.Should have bought 1100 infirst
place.The cab is a real treat.So much nicer da heater works great and the AC works great too.No dust in the cab when fillin body with dirt.The roof is different so you can load with tractor easier.More storage space under the seat.Not so noisey with doors closed.Theradio isn't much hard to use.If Ihad to do that overI would have got an aftermarket one.I think the speakers are in there anyhow but not sure.Buy the 1100 you won't be sorry!</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

i had a 04 900 that i traded in on an 1100 and i agree withsolitude's review </p>

river

I first saw the 900 in 2004, along with the other usual suspects: Ranger, Rhino, Mule, & Gator. It seemed to me that the 900 way outclassed them all, for just a few more bucks. I joined this forum then, watching, and finally joining. In 2007 I was leaning toward the 900 and almost ready to pull the trigger, when the 1100 came out. I was still leaning toward the 900 as it seemed more compact. Discussion on this forum made me give serious thought the the 1100.</p>

The biggest thing I wanted it for was snowplowing, which means I want heat and a full cab. When I priced them both out with the Blizzard plow and required accessories, the difference wasn't that much, and the promised comfort was a lot more with the 1100. Snow season hasn't returned yet, but for the first time I'm looking forward to it.</p>

I'm happy that I went with the 1100. It's a beautiful machine.</p>

Doug</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i tell you one thing my next utv will be a rtv1100 i just can't take the heat no more i mean i can take it it's just getting hotter and hotter . and that a/c would really be nice to have. and the heater in the winter would be nice too. just think more power than my hpx plus a climate controled cab with radio to boot.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="river"]</p>

I was leaning toward the 900 and almost ready to pull the trigger, when the 1100 came out. </p>

Doug</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

River, in my case, I have just purchased the RTV 900just a few months prior to the introduction of the new 1100 series RTV's..... My dealer gave me a phone call and told me to take a ride up to the dealership, he has something special he wanted to show me. Didn't have a clue what was in store. And there it was, the 1100 with air/ heat/ radio/ cab/ door, and the list goes on & on. </p>

I was so suprised, no , I was shocked , VERY NICE MACHINE >>>>>> but anyway, he gave me a good option , that he would give me allback toward a 1100 series if I wanted to, for the 900 had just a very few hours on it, but it was loaded with accessories ........... The 1100 is a very, very, nice machine, but in my case, when our RTV 900 is in use or working, I believe the doors would just get into the way. Maybe one day, I'll just have to jump up and get another unit with air / heat. That way I'll have a choice of which unit I would want to take. 900 for doing the deer management thing and working the food plots. And the 1100 just to ride around and look at the work that was done while in the 900 .....</p>

For we all know, if the 1100 is purchased, it will have to belong to Mrs. Two Guns, this was already told to me..... </p>

</p>
<div><span style="font-size: x-small; font-family: Arial;"><font size="4"><font color="#ff0000"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></font></span></div>

Shouldn't be to long that the RTV 500 gas burners should be put into production.</p>

</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
No sir Mr. Deerlope, havn't ordered it , as of yet, we are all the time discussing adding a 1100 series unitalso, but really, would it be worth having two ....... ( i say yes, but the little devil on my shoulder says no) >>>>>
On another note, should be a shopping for another heavy duty work truck, but, you know how it is !!!
</p>

</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Friends, I love the way the 1100 looks and am sure they are a great thing but my 900is paid for and I can't justify paying that much for something that will get abused by such tough work as on the farm. The doors would also be in the way here. And being so nice and cool nowor warm in the winter would mean the lazies for me. It would be too hard to be out in the elements and then in the cab all confortable.... Did someone say nap time?? Gee, if I had that much extra $$ just laying around maybe so....But I don't so that is that.It is going to be hellish down here in the South this coming week. Temps triple digitsthey say, then add in the humidity. Sounds better and better to have an 1100. But no, I need to save mynickels for possible hard times ahead.... and the wind feels good blowing through my hair anyway. The 900 and I have a special friendship, It takes care of me plain and simple as thatso I have no reason to look elsewhere. Bordercollie</p>

Deerlope

My tracks will not fit an 1100 so I will forever run a 900. But who knows I may decide to leave my tracks on year around and get an 1100 also. Kind of like a his and hers or one for different seasons.</p>

solitude

Hi Bob
Yep the doors come right off,I leave drivers door off all summer
easier to get in and out of to do chores,And the a/c is strong enough to cool you off even with door off.</p>

pappy19

I have looked at the 1100 and talked to a few owners. I am a 900 fan for a couple of reasons. The 1100 is MUCH heavier and slower than the 900. Even with the extra hp listed, it doesn't move with the 900. Also the door situation sucks if you are in a hunting mode or in-n-out alot. The 1100 has little or no storage in the cab and no jocky box. It is also much more prone to roll-over as it is more top heavy than the 900. Mileage on the 900 is double digit more than the 1100, for another reason. I'm a 900 fan.</p>

</p>

Pappy</p>

solitude

Hi Pappy
The doors come right off! The speed is exactly the same on my 900 and the 1100. Windows not opening on doors is a pain.You are right about milage I got about 20hrs per tank on 900 the 1100 about 12 to 14.As far as being top heavy i notice no difference between the 2.The cab is mostly plastic so it's pretty light on the 1100. The 1100 has the heaterand the A/c and is much quieter with the doors on.I had the glove box option on 900 and still there is more room under the seat
of the 1100 then there was on the 900 which had glove box and underseat storage.Youdrive both of them for a while and I think the 1100 will come out on top. just my opinon
Solitude</p>

ddttweeks

Coobie </p>

I had a 05 camo 900 fully loaded and traded it for the 1100 last july. After owning it for a year I like the 1100 more. The heat and a/c are great and there is less cab noise. My 900 with all the acessories weighed around 2300 lbs so there isn't really much difference in weight. I think the 1100 is a little harder on fuel. The biggest negative for me is i miss my sliding door windows.</p>

With the AC on & Radio playing my feet stayed dry even when the water was almost 3 feet deep.</p>

/cs/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.30.86/8_2D00_7.jpg</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
this bringsup a good question for all you 1100 owners . how much of a air tight and water tight seal does the doors have ?how deep of water do you have to go through before you start to get water seepage into the cab?</p>

I didn't get any water in the cab until I got to the other shore and stopped. The people I was with on 4 wheelers said the water was up 6" from the bottom of the door. It looks like the water came from under the seat, but only enough to wet part of the floor. I was amazed how well it did crossing the river.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>