RTV 900 Ramsey 3000

Just_Looking

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">First I would like to thank everyone that has been participating in this forum. I have read a lot of the posts and have learned a great deal.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I just bought the Ramsey 3000# with synthetic rope winch on ebay for my RTV 900.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>The unit does not come with any type of mounting bracket for the Aluminum Hawse Fairlead.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I plan to mount the winch in the winch pocket.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>What do I get for a bracket to mount the fairlead and where do I get it?</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Thank you.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

There's an angled piece of steel that the fairlead mounts to. The angled piece will have 2 bolt holes that should align to the bolts that hold the grill guard on.

There are 2 sizes on the fairlead. How far apart are the 2 holes on your fairlead? I may have a spare mounting bracket.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If I don't have one, here's the Kubota part number for the fairlead mount. It's about $30-34. K7561-91430

It's been a few years but as I recall, the kit didn't come with the bolts required to mount it into the holes in the grill guard.
I found my notes... The bolts that mount the grill guard are 12mm x 25mm by 1.25 pitch.
What I don't recall is if they were long enough to get through the added steel of the fairlead. I'd take one of the bolts that's holding the grill guard on (down on the lower side, from the front) and use it to mount the fairlead bracket for a minute to see if the bolt is long enough.

When I got bolts, I bought 35mm length which worked fine.

Here's a pic to give you an idea of where it mounts. Although I have the roller fairlead, it'll be the same bracket. It's an angle that mounts to the top of the grill guard and angles upwards. The 2 bolts on the face of the fairlead mount to the upward protuding portion of the mounting bracket.