RTV 900 diesel

Redrider44

Hello,
I just bought my first Kabota RTV900 off a college a they took all maintenance and care for it sat in a climate controlled garage. But after owning it for about 4 months. It runs and drives but it doesn’t go over 5/6 miles per hour I no it’s a diesel and it won’t go 1,000,000 mph but for some reason it’ll do five and sound like it’s doing 110 What could be the problem???……???…… plz help thanks!!

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
You should get some where close to 25mph, and yes it will be loud at that speed. Does it have a speedometer, or have you verified the speed with a gps/phone app? Also it would be helpful to know the year and how many hours are on the machine.

Redrider44

Hello,
I just bought my first Kabota RTV900 off a college a they took all maintenance and care for it sat in a climate controlled garage. But after owning it for about 4 months. It runs and drives but it doesn’t go over 5/6 miles per hour I no it’s a diesel and it won’t go 1,000,000 mph but for some reason it’ll do five and sound like it’s doing 110 What could be the problem???……???…… plz help thanks!!
Hello an thank you for the answer. But the hours are 3999 an it’s older with the H shift maybe a 2015?

Redrider44

Hello,
Hello an thank you for the answer. But the hours are 3999 an it’s older with the H shift maybe a 2015?

Attachments

• 4AC307DF-A4BC-49D2-8315-55D6BF28AF71.jpeg
    4AC307DF-A4BC-49D2-8315-55D6BF28AF71.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17

tfdr1

I think 2014 was the start of the X series so yours is older than that. Post a picture of the sticker with the serial number so we can get the year from that.

Dave

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Not sure what month they started makin the X models, but my X1100 was made in 2013 based on the serial number. Go to kubotabooks.com and get a work shop manual, if you don't already have one. There are lots of smart people on here that will help you diagnose your problem. Part of the diagnosing will be checking some pressures on the transmission and the WSM will help you find the right ports.

tfdr1

Here's a link to a thread that tells you how to determine year.

Dave

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it is an rtv 900 not an x. since it is new to you i would first change the trans and hydraulic oil to kubota brand oil and oem filters. then check back with us.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Also check for a spark arrester in the tailpipe or muffler . That will rob power if clogged.

Reactions: Doc