rtv 1100 off road capability

pivatic1

I have read these forums for awhile now and 4 years ago bought a BX23. I absolutly love it. I'll put a pic on here soon for TWO GUNS since he likes those pictures. Which brings me to my question, how well does the rtv 1100 (or 900) do off road? I have looked for pictures (and even better) videos of the rtv going at it off road but haven't found many, everything pulls up polaris or yamaha rhinos. Does anybody have or can get some pics and vids of some good off roading in their RTV? I drove one at the dealer in a field and on road but no real mud or hills were anywhere around. I am more than likely going to buy the RTV 1100 in March , but would like tonull my curiosity of its off road capabilities.</P>

</P>

RTV 1100, back screen, winch, hazard lights, front/rear work lights, rhino liner for the bed, cd player, front/rear hitches, tail light guards</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<TABLE class=CAPageContent id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ComposePage style="DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___Reply>pivatic1, </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> Welcome to the forum, you have just walked into the friendliest place on planet earth.</DIV>
<DIV> Any questions, feel free to ask, someone here will be more than happy to help !!!!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> Your question was how well the RTV does off-road. The best answer is, you can't even imagine what this machine can do. In my case, use it for hunting, working, deer management on the farms. Mud, mud, water, mud, water , water, mud, mud at this time of the year in the swamps down here. Can't speak about snow, but sure can write a book on how well this thing can go threw the mud. And how powerful and strong this RTV is .It's not a rocket, but I don't run fast anyway. But it walks threw the mud like a catapillar, no spinning, no mud sligging, just walking in and out like you could only ask a machine to do. Let me make this clear, don't go threw this mud to prove a point , or show one who has the best machine, I don't play with the RTV, I use it strictly for what it was designed to do, and that is to work and take care of myneeds when I need it ... And for sure, it does above and beyond anything any man could ask in a off-roadutility vehicle .... We have owned many atv's, utv's, many other machines that wassuppose to bedesigned for the applicationson the farms, and thank God, we found out about the RTV.The Kubota RTV's, will be the only machines ever purchased for the applications that we use 'em for . If you want something really fast , the Kubota RTV is not for you, but if you want a dependable machine, something very strong, and that will get you there and BACK , grab a Kubota RTV, you will not be disappointed not one bit !!!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> I did install some more aggressive tires on our RTV 900, strictly for the reason as explained above, we have some bottomless mud, and deep water in the swampsdown here, and I needed to get a little more lift to get the belly of the machine up a little. Also, installed a high rise air intake, and several other items that would make it better for the RTV & myself.... But in a few weeks, I will be taking off the 27" 589's and putting back on the ATV tires that was on it when I purchased it back in Feb, 2007 >>>>> And start using it for getting the summer plots ready for the deer, and use it for work on the farms !!!!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> Yes, we like pictures, but you are right, is not many pictures / videos of RTV's being used off road. Think I may have one, showingthe RTVrunning down a small muddy turn row next to a field. It's posted on here somewhere. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> Let us know if we can help in anyway !!!</DIV>
<DIV> ~~~~~~~ jamie </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Here is a couple of pics the deer camera caught as we were fixing to get into the swamps !!!</P>

ez chair

Two Guns does mud, I do snow. Snow is no problem for the RTV. It's important that you have the right tires to do either. Good Luck in striking the right deal.

MRBASS

I have to admit i seriously had my doubts about the capability of the RTV in the mud,especially after i was on the end of a chain a couple of times.I also do not play or go looking for mud holes to play in, My machine is strictly a hunting machine and doing the deer thing much like TWO GUNS.Thanx to TWO GUNS and many others Igot some ITP589' tires and I am now wondering if I can get the RTV stuck. Tires make all the difference in the world. I will try and get some pictures soon of the bottoms i have been going thru, the same bottoms that I couldnt make it thru before in 4wd with the factory tires. We have some really nasty mud here in East Texas, some like quick sand and then some red super slick dirt that is hard to even walk thru. I can make it thru most anything i am faced with now in 2wd with the diff locked. About the biggest load I had was 4 hogs (about 750lbs)in the back of the RTV and then a 6x10 trailer made into a trap with another 4 dead hogs in it,(maybe 1500lbs) and i could walk thru just about anything in M with the diff locked.

pivatic1

Thanks for the info so far. Here is a pic of the BX23. It fits between trees well. I'll try to get ATV tires for the RTV 1100. The one I drove had industrial tread. You tube had some RTV videos but there were a ton of Rhino and Ranger vids.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I know many dealers with fit that into the sale of the RTV, swapping out the tires to the ones of choice !!!!</P>

Ours did ~~</P>

rapracing

My machine has the factory atv tires on. I have not had alot of problem but in the snow they don't really bite very well. There is side drift when the machine is leaning and today I was on the river hill behind the house (mind it is pretty steep) with about 4 inches of snow. I used the dif lock and made it up but the tires still slipped a little. </P>

Opinions on the tire for snow? Make, size etc? I would like to use the stock wheels if possible. They are the shiney pretty ones the wife like so well and would hate to change them if I don't have too.</P>

</P>

pivatic1

All these pics of RTVs is getting me excited. We are going to the dealer tomarrow to let my wife drive the 1100. It has passed the toughest test of all.............my wife's approval!

<FONT size=5>pivatic1:</FONT></P>

Word of advice-we went to buy a 900-however the dealer had a 1100 on the floor. My wife liked the cab, heater & air and had a hard time convincing me, yeah,we needed the 1100-but that is what we came home with. So you have been warned-by the way it was the best move for us. We would not trade it. You both will be glad too.</P>

Nick </P>

ddttweeks

I took Bzoom's advice. After 2 years of enjoying this website I'm finally going to make a post. I have owned 2 Rtv's. My first was 2005 Rtv 900 Camo fully loaded (curtis cab,heat,overhead console,bed liner,front and rear work lights,signal lights,tail light guards rear window screen,small truck box). I traded it this summer for an Rtv 1100 Camo (front and rear work lights,winch,spray in bed liner,camo seat covers,stereo,tail light guards,signal lights,3 way rear view mirror,small truck tool box,fabricated front and rear recievers for trailer tie down,sg 5 star wheels,27x9x12 front and 27x11x12 rearItp mudlite xtr radials,rear window screen with custom cut out for rear view mirror visibility,tow strap,tool bag,snatch block,chain) Both of my machines came with rtv style tires fromthe dealer. After reading this forum and taking advice from all the post I finally broke down and bought the new tires last week. Got a chance to try them yesterday on a ride with my buddies and ourwives. (2 mules,1 razor,1 rhino,1ranger,1 honda rubicon) Snow, mud, water, ice breaking we had a great time. From the house to my camp (where the venison stew was placed in oven in the morning) approx. 25 miles round trip. The new tires were well worth the money. I'm sorry I didn't spend the money earlier. There's a huge difference between them and the factory tires. The Rtv's are like a tank in the mud, snow and water. Great machine and built to last. I will post a few pictures when I figure out how.

pivatic1

Yes. Please post some pictures of your setup. It sounds a lot like what I'm looking to do to our new 1100. See the post on how to attach pics at the top of the forum. I just posted yesterday but am aready posting pictures so its not too bad.

MRBASS

589's Make All the difference!! I have them at 18 psi at the moment but thinking of dropping them to 15 psi.They seem to be rock hard at 18..</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Dammit, I love it !!! </P>

Super Lookin' Machine ~~~~</P>

We Just Got in From Huntin', this was the last day of Muzzleloader season, only four more days now of Bow ~~~~~ and it will be over ~~~~ [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] [:'(]</P>

</P>

MRBASS

It's all over for us but the Hog Hunting.. With this cool weather we have been thining the hogs outBIG TIME. Looks like next week theRTV will be working on Summer food plots and dragging trees as we clear some more lanes.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That's EXACTLY what our plans are !!! </P>

We have big time hog troubles here also !!!!</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="MRBASS"]589's Make All the difference!! I have them at 18 psi at the moment but thinking of dropping them to 15 psi.They seem to be rock hard at 18..[/quote]
They do look like they're standing a bit tall.

I'm running Maxxis on the RTV but when I was running 589's on the ATV (or the R1's on the tractor), I lowered the pressure so the bars at ground level are touching all the way to the outside of the tire. That may be a bit too low on the RTV due to weight but I'm thinking I was running about 6 PSI.