RTV 1100 mud/snow tires

LRK

<P mce_keep="true">I have a 1100 and love it,but it came with the hdws tires.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I would like something larger 27" and more aggressive .</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Has anyone used larger tires and what rims have you used.?</P>
<P mce_keep="true">We do alot of spraying in wet fields and hunt in the winter with it.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!!</p>

There's been a lot of discussion about tires in the forum. Do a search for Maxxis or 589 or tires.</p>

Where do you live? That helps in determining what tire is best suited for your conditions. </p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true"> WELCOME TO THE FORUM !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> I agree with bczoom >>>></P>
<P mce_keep="true"> I'm running 27" on my unit, but the only reason was for the mud we have in the swamps down here. Anywhere else, I would get the 26" tires. Reason for the 27", was to get the belly of my RTV up a little more for the water and deep mud. The 26" 589's has the same tread depth as 27 inchers. And I think the same is for the Maxxis' >>>>></P>
<P mce_keep="true"> 27" 589's are actually 27 1/2" tall >>>>>>>></P>
<P mce_keep="true"> In the summer / off deer season months, I put back on my OEM atv's back on, to keep from wearing out the 589's. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> The rims purchased for the 589's were ITP aluminum, they make several different styles >>>>></P>
<P mce_keep="true"> And may I suggest, giving allterrainonline.com a look, great folks to deal with, and prices are more than fair !!! They also carry winches and other items for the RTV's >>>>>>>>>>.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT size=4></FONT><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">yep i would go with the 589's but the hieght of the tire is smaller than 27-1/2 i think they are 1"smaller maybe like 26-1/2 </P>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">Welcome LRK, I have the XTR radials on my 900open air. I have the 27" as well. Do you have a cab? Of coarse you do on an 1100 I wasn't thinking.I was wondering about the weight. I have had no problems with mine and they are holding up fine. As soon as I can, I will take pictures of the tread showing the small amount of wear after over 450 hrs. I sprayed about 300 acres of small paddocks this year and about 40 of those had standing water [bottom land] I was amazed by their performace while pulling 400 lbs. The 589's are great too [our forum members know their stuff] but I have no experience with them. The WS tires that came on my unit are stored on the original rims for back up or when we have a drought. Good Luck and Have fun choosing . Bordercollie</P>

ddttweeks

<P mce_keep="true">Lrk</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I have the 27" xtr radials on my 1100 mounted on 5 star wheels. Went with 9" wide on the front and have had no rubbing or any weight issues at all.</P>

LRK

<P mce_keep="true">Thanks for the help ,great site .</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I am ordering essex 27x11-12 's on black cast wheels.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Two Guns ,do you have a lift kit on your machine?</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I live in South Dakota ,deep snow in the hills deer hunting .</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Deeper snow in Montana Elk hunting .</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Thats the main reason forlarger and more aggressive tires.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">That's for all your help guys ,I'll be back...</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">No lift kit >>>>> </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> What size tires are you going with on the front..... don't think you need to go over 9" on the front >>>> Think they will or will come close to hitting your shocks / struts >>>>></P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT size=2><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000> ~~~~~~~~ </FONT></FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">why not get a big foot kit they come with tires and rims to fit??</P>

LRK

<P mce_keep="true">I have a set of essex on two of our other rigs ,they have alot of miles on them and alot to go .</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Plus I like the kevlar and run flat ability.</P>

LRK

<P mce_keep="true">I ordered the 11's for the rearand 9's for the front.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Sorry about that ,Thanks for the help.</P>