RTV 1100 , door glass & Filters

Mine is three years old and time for the filters to be changed. I can't believe they get $56.00 for the A/c filter and thirty some for the cabin filter. There has to be some aftermarket or comparable fit element on the market.

I have the solid windows in my doors. Does anyone know if the sliding window is the same dimension to fit in my existing door ? None of the dealers I have checked with know. I believe the door hasn't changed in years as the cab looks the same. I would like to buy the slider glass ( driver side only ) as the doors are so hard to shut.

Other than that it has been a great machine so far.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know about the A/C filter but for oil and such, I believe someone posted the cross-reference chart to off-the-shelf filters. Search the forum for NAPA, Purolator or other key words that may have been used.

Does your windshield tip out at the bottom? I don't have a cab but wondering if you didn't have the front window latched if it would allow air out when you close a door.

razerface

i could be wrong since this is internet info,,,,but on my research,,,i read that the new sliding windows are in the neighborhood of $630

The windshield does tip out with two handles. A pain to open and close just to shut the doors. Besides shocks open it six inches.... in cold weather not desireable.

I know the glass is around 650 or so. the question is will this glass fit my existing door ? Several dealer inquiries but no answer. How would one like to have a expensive piece of glass that doesn't fit your purpose ?

Cabin and A/C filters is what I am after for a source. Fuel and oil are readily available most places.

razerface

maybe you need to adjust your doors?

My 1100 has 2 "pressure relief" openings on the passenger side under the dash. Mine are about 2 inch tall by 12 inches long,,, and when you close the doors, they open the rubber flaps and the pressure goes out under the hood to allow the doors to close easily.

I already have the windows,,and I really like them.

Doors fit just fine. I don't have those 2x12 pressure relief points. Do they actually work when the windows are closed ? I have a air relief from a car door. I thought about mounting it but another forum stated it was not adequate. Probably would not hurt to cut it in.
I looked at a new 1100. Only saw 1 plastic panel. You said you have two in the cowl ?

razerface

they actually use the same pc of rubber,,but are separated in the center to look like 2 shorter ones instead of 1 long one. I will do pic for you when i can get home

razerface

I can't find the camera! Will wait for wife to get home,,,she'll know where it is. I did notice while I was putting in my throttle cable,,,I also have a pressure valve on the drivers side, down low at the bottom of the door.