Rats & Beavers

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Re: Rats & Beavers

Conibear body Grip trap >>>>.</P>

Look on Ebay, they always are have 'em, they last forever !!!! </P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5>Two Guns </FONT></P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Re: Rats &amp;amp;amp; Beavers

Or, for the bigger pack rats, run up to town and pick up you a # 15bear trap. Only weights 43 lbs., has a 17 1/2 jaws with teeth, and think you can catch 'em on sale now that season is off, for about $495.00 ....</P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5>Two Guns </FONT></P>

Re: Rats &amp;amp;amp;amp; Beavers

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff>I guess we all have critter problems. I can't keep the bears out of my ponds. Those 400 lb raccoons can really do some damage on the cat tails and food plots.</FONT></P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Rats &amp;amp;amp;amp; Beavers

awwwwww!!! ain't she cute . she washin her baby.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Re: Rats &amp; Beavers

There is going to be more than gators eating these nutria rats if the price of Purina dog food goes up much more. Abouttwo or soweeks ago, picked up dog food for $14.97 per 50 #'s at Wal-Mart ....</P>

Went back today, price of Purina 50 lb. bag, went up to $19.97 >>>> That's crazy, ask a sales person to check and see if there was a mistake. The checked and said NOPE !!!</P>

Heck, probobly the ingredients of this food has nutria in it, and I can get them direct >>>>> [*-)]</P>

Gas, food, supplies, shipping cost, everything is costing so much now days, but damn, they went and blew up the price of dog food, that's just threw me for a loop ~~~~</P>

Just might sit back and let the gators cook up the beavers & nutria for the dogs >>>>>>>></P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5></FONT></P>

</P>

Two Guns hard times are comming soon. My youngest son and his wifeare Lawyers thathave thier own practice and they are so busy they can not even keep up with the phone calls comming in to the office. Bankruptcys mostly,folks loosing thier homes with more debt than they can handle.</P>

Save thosenutria rats for the soup lines.</P>

doggman

I've got over 100 ponds on my property so the beavers think they're in Shangri-La when they wander in. It's a full time job keeping them under control. </P>

Last week I was only carrying a .22 LR and came across the biggest beaver I've seen in years. It took 8 hits from the .22 to stop the damn thing. It weighed over 85 pounds. I don't feel good if it takes over 1 shot but this one had a tactical pelt on. I wish I had caught it in a 330 Conibear so I could have saved the pelt.</P>

One of the guys that traps for me makes ground beaver. I haven't eaten any but he says it makes a tasty lean burger.I'll have to give it try - it couldn't be any worse than the monkey brains and balls that I ate in South Africa in the '70s...</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<FONT color=#a9a9a9>. Quote from doggman:</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#a9a9a9> Last week I was only carrying a .22 LR and came across the biggest beaver I've seen in years. It took 8 hits from the .22 to stop the damn thing. It weighed over 85 pounds.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000> I can believe that easy, for about two years ago, found beaver walking from one area to another on some dry ground. That day, just had my .22 rifle with me, unloaded the rifle, 12 rounds into the side of that thing. Every time that bullet would hit, you would hear a " Thump ". But he never run off, he just kept walking where he was headed to start with. Never stopped that animal, I don't have a doubt that he finally slithered off and died. But hell, that animal never broke stride in his walk ( or waddle ).</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000> There pelts are tough, heck, they themselves are tough little critters.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000> Most of the time down here, shoot 'em the .223, 204, 22 hornet, or my favorite rifle, the 22-250 ************</FONT></P>

</P>

</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5>Two Guns </FONT></FONT></DIV>