No more Home Depot Orange

Boomer

After seeing how easy it isto take the RTV bodyapart, I wanted to try a different color pattern. I also wanted to remove the plastic foot liner and replace it with the dura-bac roll in bed liner. This bed liner is non-slip and very durable. Please let me know any comments about my paintjob - either pro or con.</P>

Thanks,
Bruce J.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Boomer,</P>

MISTER I LOVE THAT >>>> I'M A CAMO NUT ANYWAY !!!</P>

Keep up the Great Work !!!!</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=4> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=4>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
See you have the manual bed lift also, or didn't see any operator controls. Thought I was the only on with one ~~~~~~</P>

[:O]</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=5> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

notlaw

Great paint job Bruce, I could barely see against the dormant lawn, being that they almost match. [;)]

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Nice paint job. Did youscuff up the Kubota Orange plastic before painting? Did you use a primer? What Type/Brand of paint did you use? From the questions you can see I'm definately interested in the great jobyou have accomplished.Thanks for the picture. "One picture is worth a thousand words"</P>

</P>

rapracing

<FONT face="Courier New" color=#deb887>WOW!!!! Can't hardly see it <FONT size=6>[;)].....</FONT></FONT></P>

<FONT face="Courier New" color=#deb887></FONT></P>

<FONT face="Courier New" color=#deb887><FONT color=#000000 size=3>Looks great! I like that better than the real tree Kubota puts on 'em.</FONT></FONT></P>

seery

You did an extremely nice job. This looks very professional/OEM.
Any more details of your process you'd like to share?

Boomer

To all that liked my paint job, I want to say Thank-you very much for the nice reviews. I know that it differs from the factory orange and real tree camo, but I really enjoyed the project.</P>

Keifer: I began the project by taking all of the plastic body parts off. I used alot of zip-loc bags to put in the screws and bolts that I labeled to remind me where they went back. I washed the parts with soap and water, and when they were dry, I lighly scuffed the surface with 200 grit wet/dry sand paper. I again washed them, and when they were dry, I wiped every part down with laquer thinner to remove any surface finger prints or anything that might cause the paint to not stick. All of the paint that I used was from Lauer Weaponary. I did not need to prime the surface, as the lauer paint is a two part process. You mix paint plus hardner, at about a 1:10 ratio. I just eyeballed it. I use this paint tocamo rifle stocks, and it is really hard when it dries, but very easy to work with. Base coat was three coats of Desert Tan, with the accents done in Desert Mint and Coyote Brown. Rops and Guard are Coyote. Bed was really easy, just take it apart, paint it, and put back together. I rolled on dura-bak in the bed and on the floor, as this is a super bedliner that comes in different colors.To apply the paint. I used a smallPasche spray gun and a Pasche airbrush to do some fine work. Please feel free to email me if I can help. Thanks, Bruce J. email address: austin571@darientel.net.</P>