New rtv900xt

oliver1755

I just traded my 2009 rtv 900 in for a new 2012 rtv900 XT. It is basically the same machine from what I can tell. Extra radiator for the rear end fluid and a little different seat.

I have noticed that the new one is a little lacking in power. If you drive into the wind it will slow it down to 20 mph. The old one with a 1000 hours on it had a lot more zip to it.

I have taken the spark screen out and have the snorkel on it so it is sucking clean air. Something I think I remember on this site was a way to adjust a couple screws to get a little more power from it. Maybe some one remembers it?

Thank you!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Oliver1755. Glad to hear about your new machine. My 2011 xtr 900 will go 27 wind or no wind. It will slow down to 22 going up a hill (a southern one). Can you move quickly for a stopped position in H? I can, also I can pull things in H from a dead stop. I agree with muffler man and would wait to do any adjustments until after break in. I would take it to the dealer for that too because that should be covered by the warranty. Or if it is too far, I would talk to the shop foreman and tell him what was going on.. That isn't normal for a broke in xtr. I would check the brake and make sure it isn't dragging... bordercollie

oliver1755

Ok I will wait til breakin iis over. 15 hrs on it now. It isn't real bad I just thought it might have more zip than it does. It had a slow hydraulic leak coming from the hose that goes into the dump bed reservoir. I just tightened the hose clamp and it stopped. I have not pulled anything of any wait yet. I know That I really like the rhino lining in the bed. It stiffens the bed sides and no more raddling. Your tools don't scratch. I recommend it.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Ok I will wait til breakin iis over.

Things will pick up when you change out your tranny fluid for the first time. You probobly have some particles slowing your fluid flow down in
your filters. This is a thought. But, a suggestion would be when you do
service your tranny. Use the OEM Kubota filters, and go back with the
Kubota Super UDT2 fluid, or the AMSOIL fluids.
I remember when the first time my tranny fluid got changed..... It made
all the difference in the world >>>>
I am seriously thinking about going back with the Amsoil, both engine and tranny, and giving it
a try. For years, I've had nothing but SUPER service out of Amsoil oils
in other equipment.

......... two guns

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I agree - I use AMSOIL exclusively.

PoPo 1945,Do you run the Amsoil Synthetic Tractor / Hydraulic Transmission Oil
http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g28.pdf

Others, need to take a look at this !!!

........ two guns

I have talked two owners here, who runs Amsoil not only in their engines, but in transmissions also.
Not only did they state their machine is stronger than ever, pulls so much stronger, but shifts so much smoother also. My thought is, It must be that this oil pumps
faster and smoother threw the pumps of the VHT Hydraulic transmissions.

......... two guns

Attachments

• A Salt.jpg
    A Salt.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 105

razerface

which amsoil are they using? I already have the diesel 15-40 that I run in my powerstroke,,that will go in the engine. Which tranny oil did they try and like? I already bought 4 gallons of the udt2 in prep for my 50hr change,,but am undecided whether to use it or go amsoil.

\
edit: sigh,,,i am getting old,,,I just clicked the link, thanks 2guns

Last edited:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I already bought 4 gallons of the udt2

For if I was going with Amsoil, I would return the UDT2.

And if I was going to use the UDT2, I would always ponder what it
would have been like IF the Amsoil was used..... That would always
be in my mind. Something like walking in the dark ...........

.......... two guns

Attachments

• fox relaxing.gif
    fox relaxing.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 97

razerface

And if I was going to use the UDT2, I would always ponder what it
would have been like IF the Amsoil was used.....
yea,,but wouldn't you ponder how the UDT2 would have been like?
You already know,,but it is my first rtv.

Is there a problem changing later?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Razerface,
Go ahead and use the SUPER UDT2 >>>
It will serve you fine !!!!

Attachments

• Slow Poke.jpg
    Slow Poke.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 91

oliver1755

I have always used the John Deere hyguard 15W40 and John Deere Hytran in the transmission. I take it out of the bulk tanks. I also have napa gold filters on it. If you cut the kubota filters apart and the napa filters apart they are the same thing. Right down to the number of pleats in the filter. And a spring in the top also. They both look like quality filters to me. I'm not selling napa I just cut one to see. When you buy all the filters during farm days you can change them three times for one of the kubota filters.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I have always used the John Deere hyguard 15W40 and John Deere Hytran in the transmission. I take it out of the bulk tanks. I also have napa gold filters on it. QUOTE]

oliver1775,
Are you telling us your running Case/IH Hytran in your RTV ?
I understand the John Deere motor oil part.

....... two guns

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
is that turtle pic an opinion of the udt2 in my tranny? :confused2:

No Sir, Rest your mind !!!! No Opinion of the UDT2 >>>
There is NOTHING wrong with the Kubota OEM SUPER UDT2 ...
Quality Fluid !!!!

It's a reflection of a statement that is said here. Some call my RTV
the Turtle. For main reason, they don't go fast. Second, I don't drive
my RTV fast, can't in the swamps >>>>

Attachments

• fast_turtle.jpg
    fast_turtle.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 71