new rtv 1100

bobcat

Hi everybody new to the site just got my new rtv last week what a machine love the heater its been cold in this part of pa. I was thinking about putting a plow on it has anyone had a blizzard plow on there rtv.I see everybody is useing the curtis plow on there machines. I had looked at the blizzard plows they are build very good just wondering never looked at the curtis plow are they build as good as the blizzard have a lot to plow .

Hello Bobcat</P>

Welcome to the forum, lots of information and a great group of folks. Excellent choice on the 1100. It only gets better. Don't you all have snow yet? Post often and keep us up to date on what you are doing with your rig and what you think of it.</P>

Nick</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome BOBCAT >></P>

You've made the best step of your life !!!!!! THE KUBOTA RTV >>>></P>

Stay tuned in here, we all are here listening to anything you have to throw at us >>> Need any help, just ask, you are going to find out the folks here, are like a " Jeanie in a Bottle " , always willing to give that helping hand, for we ALL have been there before !!!!!</P>

Enjoy Your New Machine !!!</P>

Send us some pics of your new RTV >>>.</P>

How's the Mrs. like your new toy ?</P>

</P>

bobcat

Thanks everybody I have lots of snow been useing my skidsteer to move the snow saveing up some money to buy a plow for my machine. I have been useing my rtv for hauling fire wood I have and outdoor wood stove boy it has no trouble hauling a load of wood lots of power still new on the site once i figure it out little better I will get some pictures of my new 1100.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bobcat,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!!!

Which section of PA do you live in? I'm on the west, and there's others on the site that are more from the east.

In the "Kubota RTV Owners Group" section of the forum, the first thread under "Topics" is titled "How to attach pictures to a post". Here's a link to that thread as well.
http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/8688.aspx
Give that a try. If you still encounter any issues, let us know and we can give you a hand.

I don't have a plow yet, but do a search on the "Kubota RTV Owners Group" part of the forum for blizzard. There's been some decent discussions on the 2 plows.

Brian

I can say without a doubt that the Blizzard plow is the best plow I have seen on anything, truck, RTV, whatever. I've installed a bunch of these, and our company has installed a boat load more of them than I have. This past week I fixed two Blizzards, each over five years old, and having their first issue. The first was simply a matter of changing fluid and tweeking regulated pressure. The second was a mangled hose, clearly not an issue with the plow itself. Meanwhile, we did 20 or so Meyer units, which could be said to be the best selling truck plow out there.</P>

Blizzard makes a mounting frame specific to the RTV. It hangs at a level that won't lower your ground clearance. However, I will say it may cut your approach angle to obstacles. The Blizzard 680 would be the model you want. It is not too heavy, but is constructed very well. As noted in another thread, its price is healthy, but given its reliability thats to be expected. </P>

I see you are in NE PA. I'm not sure where you are specifically, or who you bought your RTV from, but I am sure my company can help you. If you'd like more details on the company, send me a PM, as I'd prefer to keep business off here, not knowing what the rules might be. If you want more details on the plow and its specifics, I can post them here, just ask.</P>

bobcat

Thanks for the information on the blizzard plow kubota technician I will keep you in mind when when it time to purchase one.