New owner of RTV 1100

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Friends, At 1710 hrs[ bought feb 05] I have had zero engine trouble. I change the engine oil every 75-100 hrs and the trans every [shamefully] 300-400 hrs. No smoke ,No leaksand a nice piece of machinery. The only pain I have had is with the nortorious driveline rattle and fuel cap. The cowsdon't mind the noise andthe collie BelleLOVES to ride the RTV.She hears the key bowl rattle and she is ready to go. She lays/ stands on the pass floor and looks out ready to do her duty. Now collie Millie ..well she likes the RTV but is super crazy about my B-I-Law 's4 wheeler.She guards it as Belle does my RTV from invisible critters and falling acorns.HaHa. They sleep in the house at night in kennels or can ramble in the utility room.. raised them that way from pups. 7 yrs now.They are happy and safer that way as we have coyotes too.When the pups are helping me I will say "I want that cow" and point and Millie will hop off the RTV,Look to where I pointed and go get that particular animal. Belle tries but she doesn't look and usually messes up a little. Those hand signals are the key.The tornado room is made out of 1/4 inch steel,and has 3 deadbolts on each door.There is room for all of us, the house animals but not the RTV[:(]inside.We put in a bathroom too,even motel type ac and wired it all for a generator . Katrina taught us a lot.. even as far as we were from the coast{10 days with no power or land line.}{Thankful for a single light bulb. A down to earthchills down your back thing!}The Assisted Living where myMom was mgr was demolished in Feb by an Ark tornado [all survived]It reopened last week. Any way we decided to build the thing.We've had a lot of close calls. The RTV is so tough it could probably survive anyway!!What do you farm? Bordercollie[&][&]

jik

Thank youfor your info. Sent email to otto@golight.us thought their response would be of interest to you. Saddness in the theirfamily. </P>

I am retired 66 years old, but started three more businesses. We farm and ranch in Oklahoma. </P>

Did you buy the magnet base? Do you plug your light into cig. lighter?</P>

Are all the cab light holes on the rtv 1100 wired for lights? Is there any light on the after market that will mount? </P>

Would like to see picture of your light bar, paint or no paint.</P>

Thak you for your time and comments. God Bless JIK</P>

P.S. Is there spell check on this message board? lol</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV>From: <otto@golight.us></DIV>
<DIV>To: "FEEGEEBEE PARRISH" <feegeebe@netride.net></DIV>
<DIV>Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 2:42 AM</DIV>
<DIV>Subject: [Auto-Reply] Fw: stryker 3049</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
</DIV>

> Due to a death in my family I will be out of my office till December 6, 2007 with limited access to e-mail and phone.
> I will return all my messages upon my return.
> Thank you for your understanding.</P>

jik

Good morning, thank you for your reply. With this daylight savings time I need lights to check cattle. I have thoughts of your wonderful state La. I can remember Ft Polk, La back in 1966. lol Really, I was treated wonderfully by the local folks. They all took me fishing and hunting. Love them La. folks.</P>

Letter in life I worked for the State of Oklahoma. Pulled in to a truck stop in La. I ask the fuel desk if they would take Oklahoma State credit card? The boss said, "what is it, Three foot of rubber hose". I still laugh about that to this day. They took my card. God Bless JIK</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
thanks for the nice comments about Louisiana >>>>Love it Here !!! Born , raised, married, and raised all my children here. </P>

Folks down here are really nice. Respectful, Hard Working, Friendly Folks. And mister, everyone down here takes the hunting & fishin' really, really seriously !!!!</P>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes Two Guns that is so right!! It really hurt our area when they closed England AFB when I lived there. We met a lot of wonderful people thru our antique biz. Don't forget to mention that wonderful, superfantastic food and customs!!!Yow weeeeee!!!! Bordercollie

Babydolling: </P>

Installed: Warn RT 30 winch/cover, high-postition air intake with Turbo air precleaner on top, rear utility screen, radio/cd player, Sirius radio, sunvisors, have pistol holder for passenger door and mini west coast mirrors but not mounted.</P>

Photos of the little lightbar are attached. The lightbar is bolted to four little plates that are welded to the four factory installed flanges that hold the utility screen. No welding to the ROPS was done. It has three locations. The first two photos are in the up/use position. Next two are an intermediate position that get it to the transport position. Last two are in the transport/safe position. At each location everything is held in place by removable lynch type pins except the lower pivot point which is held in place with 5/16 bolts/lock nuts. The light bar swivels relative to the uprights to allow it to get from the use to transport position. Nothing complicated but just didn't want to take a chance of a limb taking the lights off when not in use. Now it will be taken off, lights removed, finished welding, primed and painted. Put back on, lights installed, head liner removed to get to factory wiring for the front and rear lights. These will be wired to switches that operate the factory lights, if installed. A marine switch with fuse installed for the strobe and Golight. I carry a battery operatedreciprocating sawto cut limbs that need to be cut. Thereciprocating sawis a lot lighter than a chain saw and does a good job quickly.</P>

Then will start on the rest of the list as time allows.</P>

Nick</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Now my friend, you have that thing rigged up perfect . Know for a fact, them lights (KC's )are going to help alot especially riding threw the woods and close quarters where limbs on the side can brush your unit and will let you see trouble before it " swashes " you machine >>>>></P>

Not only is your KC's going to help you higher limb dodging , but wait to you get to use that GOLIGHT !!! That accessory is the stuff buddy. My wife says the RTV looks wicked coming out of the swamps with the lights a going, and that Golight a moving back and forth like a UFO looking for a victum ~~~~~~</P>

What Sirrius radio did you use and how do you like it? Thinking on putting one in my XM or Sirrius.</P>

</P>

Thanks,</P>

Steve</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Sirus Stratus 4 radio, and Love It !!!!</P>

And remember, when you subscribe to Sirius, tell them to tie you in with the internet, that's a great benefit >>>> and it's FREE to Sirius Subscribers <<<<<</P>

Sorry about the double post of the light bar. </P>

Steve: I have the Sportster radio and three "docking stations",three small magnetic/glue antennas and one Sirius subscription. I have one of each mounted in the pickup, boat and the RTV. Since I can only drive one at a time I move the Sportster around to what ever one I want to use it in. The radio just slips out of one and into the other docking station. Really love the set-up and easy to use. Personally I like the Sirius stations best. My wife has XM in her car, since it came with it, but likes Sirius best, too. It is certainly a matter of what stations and presentationone likes, both are good. We only listen to about 5 or 6 stations anyway. I just have the antenna mounted inside the top under the headliner. Since the top is not metal it works good for me. </P>

We wish we had known about your place of business. We drove 5000+ miles on our trip this summer and spent 4 days in Yellowstone. We drove by your place but obiviously didn't know it at the time. We are know talking about flying out some time and spending some winter time in your area. If we do, we will certainly get in touch with you first. Don't know where one would fly to but there may be a flight to Billings, then rent a vehicle to drive. </P>

TWO GUNS: I am really anxious to get this thing wired up so I can see how much light I can shine around America. I may have toput an Optima battery deep cell
AGM type if it draws too much "juice". I believe Brian said he uses one in his and really likes it. We are selling our boat, which is nearly new-64 hours on it, and will take a new charger out of it and mount it in the RTV if necessary. It isa ProTournament Charger. I could then just leave it plugged up then and it will keep the battery charged without overcharging it. Will post how it works when I get it finished and painted. Been busy doing other "things" I didn't get done before retirement-about 38 years of some I might say. It seems I have less time now that I did before. </P>

Nick</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<FONT face=Tahoma size=4>Nick-America</FONT> </P>

I have heard nothing but great things about the Optima batteries. Was wanting to purchase one myself, and decided when my original battery goes dud ~~ I will , unless I HAVE TO get one.</P>

Few weeks ago, during my visit at the dealership, I asked the owner, just how long does he think the battery will last in the RTV, he laughed, said as long as Kubota RTV's have been out, he has never known one yet to go bad. Not saying if a man wanted more juice, he didn't get one, but as far as waiting for this one to go " Ka-put " , said I might have a long wait <<<< And let make this statement, he sells the devil out of them RTV's at his dealership, so just might, have to just jump up and purchase one oneday. But, I know many folks in my area that uses the Optima battery, and everyone swears by them. Pay a little more for 'em, but as they say, get what you pay for, that's why we own Kubota ~~~~~ Right !!!!!</P>

[:D]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In general, batteries last about 5 years.

With everything you have installed, I wouldn't wait for the OEM battery to go "ka-put" before getting/installing a deep-cycle battery.