New here from Canada. 2011 rtv 1100 project

Craig_rtv100

Hey everyone,

this is my first post. My name is Craig and I’m from Newfoundland Canada. I recently bought 2 2011 kubota rtv 1100 projects, ended up getting them for a steal (2000$ Canadian). After about a month of playing with them I have both running and one driving. The only big parts I need to finish it is a box (which I am making after getting measurements off a friends machine) and a complete exhaust system. The dealer here wants almost 1200$ for the exhaust system and I was wondering if any of you guys know of any aftermarket options or if anyone has one used I could buy or trade parts for (I will be parting out the other RTV that don’t drive as I needed the rear axle/tires/rims), both have less then 1000 hours on them...Thanks in advance

Craig_rtv100

there you go my friend.
I have searched eBay and they do not have anything that will fit mine. They changed Late 2011.. thanks a lot though man. I’ll look into that place in ohmaha. Just the muffler here is 520$ tax in. I’ll check into the exchange rate and shipping. Thanks again.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Idea??? could you just convert it back to the pre 2011 model system. those parts seem cheap and plentiful?? my 07 model still has the original exhaust system and works fine. i wonder what they changed??? could the Canadian model be different?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i went to Messiks and used their online parts book with schematics. i looked at all of the year models including 2011. the muffler superceeds to a newer part number . the muffler is 274 dollars USD and the pipe is 89 USD. not sure what changed but is appears they all fit.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have my old RTV900 xt muffler that the tail pipe broke off of I think it could be mig welded on but the spark arrestor itself is non functioning. I doubt it would fit your 1100 anyways and shipping would be prohibitive I would think. Unless it was a sure fit. bordercollie

Craig_rtv100

i went to Messiks and used their online parts book with schematics. i looked at all of the year models including 2011. the muffler superceeds to a newer part number . the muffler is 274 dollars USD and the pipe is 89 USD. not sure what changed but is appears they all fit.
I’m a mechanic and welder by trade but this is my first kubota diesel side x side and I really don’t have much of a clue besides the basics and what the dealer told me , and YouTube (hence the reason I joined this group for all your very professional opinions). I probably need to get a little more research under my belt with regards to part numbers and what fits from year too year.. but thanks again for all your help. Greatly appreciated

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
The magic words, Welder by trade. If I had the connection to the engine manifold, I'd just find exhaust pipe the size(approx.) you need and weld it up. Same with the muffler, I'd locate an inexpensive one at the local farm store and go from there. If you need pipe bent, go to the local muffler shop or possibly just have them build you a system with either their muffler or one you've found.

That's how I fab the systems for my street rods. Shop makes the bends I want and I fab from there unless I can buy the bends from a local auto store premade although that could be more difficult in smaller sizes.

Craig_rtv100

Just so I add a few pictures to the post the first 2 photos are the one I am rebuilding and the third photo is one I used for parts/parting out if anyone needs parts let me know. I may be able to help

Attachments

• 96B905A6-EF39-444E-9EF0-79EBEBA19CB4.jpeg
    96B905A6-EF39-444E-9EF0-79EBEBA19CB4.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 54C5BBD5-FE6F-4D60-8CCD-5FBC6F3DC1E4.jpeg
    54C5BBD5-FE6F-4D60-8CCD-5FBC6F3DC1E4.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 14
  • A73032C9-533C-4731-8F88-DA7E6175E5CA.jpeg
    A73032C9-533C-4731-8F88-DA7E6175E5CA.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 13

Craig_rtv100

That is
The magic words, Welder by trade. If I had the connection to the engine manifold, I'd just find exhaust pipe the size(approx.) you need and weld it up. Same with the muffler, I'd locate an inexpensive one at the local farm store and go from there. If you need pipe bent, go to the local muffler shop or possibly just have them build you a system with either their muffler or one you've found.

That's how I fab the systems for my street rods. Shop makes the bends I want and I fab from there unless I can buy the bends from a local auto store premade although that could be more difficult in smaller sizes.
thats what I was thinking aswell but Here in Newfoundland (small island with less then a half million people) it’s not acutally easy to get a “close muffler, the mid pipe I am not worried about. Thanks for your suggestion though