new guy just purchased a rtv x1100c

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I took delivery on my new toy tonight. i can see that i need some extra work lights in the rear. any ideas or recommendations??

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Go with LEDs . Very bright and don't use much power. I got mine from superbrightled

great advice! Thank You. a question about LED? in cold icy weather will the ice melt off from the LED lights? also how did you run the wires to the switches?

Tailrotor

The snow will not melt off mine but it stays in warm garage when done working outside.

The 1100 comes pre wired for the lights 2 up front and 1 in the rear I just used that wiring and bought the factory switches to run the lights.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
so if i pull the plugs on the upper console there will be a harness there for the lights? or are they wired to the main light switch on the dash?

Tailrotor

so if i pull the plugs on the upper console there will be a harness there for the lights? or are they wired to the main light switch on the dash?

Everything is in the overhead consel it's just plug and play the switches plug right in as does the radio just use a ohm meter to find front and back lights. Take a light and look around it will be tape in there and pushed to the back or under headliner.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Everything is in the overhead consel it's just plug and play the switches plug right in as does the radio just use a ohm meter to find front and back lights. Take a light and look around it will be tape in there and pushed to the back or under headliner.

This is great information!!! i love this site already! thanks for your help:thankyou2:

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
LED's are the way to go. I purchased a wonderful set from:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZPI0NE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

$17.00 and they are bright and easy to install.

I found a good source for rocker switches at digikey.com. I used their #432-1088-ND dual lighted switch.

Good Luck.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Go with LEDs . Very bright and don't use much power. I got mine from superbrightled

great advice! Thank You. a question about LED? in cold icy weather will the ice melt off from the LED lights? also how did you run the wires to the switches?

My rtv is the old style 1100. It had the factory kubota work lights on it so I only had to take the factory lights off and replace with the LED. Now have over 10,000 lumens on the front. Sorry but LEDs don't put out heat

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Thanks for all the great advice!! on another note>> i was looking it over yesterday and noticed that it does not nor ever did have a spark arrest in the tail pipe. when did Kubota change this design??

628pm

Site Supporter
If it is like my x900, you have a bolt on the side of the muffler you are supposed to take out every once in awhile, you run the engine and tap on the muffler, that is supposed to break loose the stuff inside your muffler. So I guess the spark arrest is built in.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
If it is like my x900, you have a bolt on the side of the muffler you are supposed to take out every once in awhile, you run the engine and tap on the muffler, that is supposed to break loose the stuff inside your muffler. So I guess the spark arrest is built in.

Yes this is exactly what i have. so what i need to do is occasionally remove this bolt and tap? do i need to spray any cleaner in the tailpipe to help disolve any crud? when did Kubota change?

628pm

Site Supporter
I took mine out at 50 hours and drove it for about 10 miles, it seemed to run better afterwards (could be dreaming too). I not for sure exactly what the manual says (just ordered the service manual) but I believe you are supposed to start the vehicle, insure that it is safely secure from rolling, gun the engine some, then tap on the muffler with the bolt out while it is running above idle. I just drove mine with it out, probably not as good as tapping on the muffler. Don't know when it was changed, this is the first RTV I have had.

travisd

Sorry but LEDs don't put out heat

Sure they do - just not nearly as much as an incandescent bulb, and most of it is being managed by the fixture - this is why most every big output LED you see has a nice metal case that's formed to double as a heat-sink. Unfortunately this tends to means that the case will stay warm, but not necessarily the lens which is what you really want clear.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Sure they do - just not nearly as much as an incandescent bulb, and most of it is being managed by the fixture - this is why most every big output LED you see has a nice metal case that's formed to double as a heat-sink. Unfortunately this tends to means that the case will stay warm, but not necessarily the lens which is what you really want clear.

Sorry. I almost went back and put not much heat before I hit submit in my post to avoid what I knew might happen. I try to avoid the words always,never,no,none,won't . I have found that these are the words that get me into trouble and have had to eat on more than 1 occasion. This has been one of my least painful or expensive mistakes using one of the bad words lol.