new guy just purchased a rtv x1100c

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!

Tons of information here and a bunch of great people.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
aurthuritis, welcome to the RTV Forum. lots of good folks here. come back often to share your experiences with your new machine. of course, your photos will get you free advice on what you did right and what you should have done. lol most of all, bring your sense of humor. life is too short not to enjoy.
keifer

Tailrotor

I just purchased a 2014 rtv x1100c. just wanted to join an informative forum.http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/g1/wave.gif

Welcome aboard aurthurits this is a great site, great information,and the best people. And it's not over run by the web police you can have your opinion and not get censored for it.

And you don't have to be in the upper class to feel like you belong.

So welcome to the site and post some pictures here's mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 251

628pm

Site Supporter
Welcome to the site, you will enjoy all of the info here. Only problem is that you receive all kinds of ideas to modify your new rig. Bought my x900 in feb, so far I have added led lights in front, cab, accessory panel, electrical outlet in rear, OEM heater, Boss V Plow and several small items. Now looking at the backup camera system.

So beware, way to many good ideas out here for my own good.

herman48

Welcome! I bought my 1100 only a few months ago, and I love it! The only fly in the ointment is that I have not been able to make it street legal here in Alabama. Although I had turning lights and external rearview mirror installed, the county clerk looked at the factory statement "not for use on public roads" and denied me a license plate/registration. So I placed a "slow vehicle" triangle on the back and I keep my fingers crossed when I drive (a ten-minute drive) on a county highway between my house and my hunting property and the contiguous lease. I did place a couple of "State Trooper and Police Supporter" stickers on the driver's window--they say that cops are not more lenient when they see these stickers, but I don't believe it...
And I immediately get on the shoulder to let any vehicle pass me easily, as soon as I see one in the rearview mirrors. Around here lots of people drive golf carts and 4-wheelers on the highway, though.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Hope you are enjoying your 1100. Besides your SMV triangle, do you have 4- way flashers installed? I travel some on secondary country roads and use my 4-ways to give speeding cars/trucks a hint that I'm there and scooting along at 25 mph.

I don't want any unlicensed machine (farm tractor, 4 wheeler, golf cart, utv) getting involved in an accident on a public road... for obvious reasons. But also, because after an accident, the policia will put the hammer down on all unlicensed (road use)) machines. I've seen the ripple effects after a tragic accident involving a trailered piece of equipment. All trailers then became fair game for any minor infraction. Just MHO.

cpsseals

I went all the way by adding an amber flasher to the roof, triangle and only use the 4 ways when I'm nowhere close to an intersection or turn. I deactivate them so people can see my signals when there might be a question as to my intentions. Hazard lights are meant for parked vehicles, not moving. (am a retired LEO)

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
The amber flasher is an excellent idea. White strobes are found on school buses, red and blue strobes are on police/fire and green color strobes are reserved for funeral procession.

I might be wrong on this point but in Pennsylvania, 4 way flashers are required to be used on vehicles , mostly commercial trucks, travelling on turnpikes and other heavily travelled paved roads and are going less than 30 mph. Signs are posted to this effect and are usually found on the upgrade of long hills.

Others might sign in on this and voice an opinion on the use of 4-way flashers.

herman48

Here in my neck of the woods I have seen the mailwoman's jeep and garbage trucks flash the hazard lights when moving slowly or stopping on the side of the road to drop the mail or pick up the garbage cans. In Montana I turned them on in my car when I was driving through a blizzard, to be more visible (I had a white car).

cpsseals

Hi-visibility is the goal and they can be used to that effect for slow moving vehicles but if an accident is caused because someone couldn't determine your intentions regarding a turn or by not turning at an intersection then you will be found at fault and then you'd wish you had insurance and registration.

herman48

I am constantly looking in my rearview mirror. As soon as I see a vehicle approaching from behind, I get on the shoulder and let it pass me. There is very little traffic on the highway I drive my RTV on to go from my house to my hunting grounds. Incidentally, here farm vehicles are allowed on the highway if they have a SMV triangle. My Kubota will be a farm vehicle next year, when I buy a disc cultivator for my food plots, which I will tow with the Kubota...

herman48

Tell me, CPS, since you are a retired LEO: is it true that the stickers I was talking about (those that show that the driver is a supporter of police organizations, charities, etc.) do have a certain beneficial effect in case one is stopped by a patrolman?

cpsseals

Showing support has always been appreciated but I've never let that interfere with the job at hand. If there was a collision, serious incident or a complaint involved I'm sure duty would not be effected. However if I was only performing routine checks I was always able to exercise discression in face of a reasonable person and situation.
That being said, I've been retired for almost 3 years and prior to that I was in major crimes for about 12 years. I haven't written a ticket in more than 15 years but people, on both sides of the badge, usually don't change much. Hope this helps you understand our mindset a bit.

herman48

Showing support has always been appreciated but I've never let that interfere with the job at hand. If there was a collision, serious incident or a complaint involved I'm sure duty would not be effected. However if I was only performing routine checks I was always able to exercise discression in face of a reasonable person and situation.
That being said, I've been retired for almost 3 years and prior to that I was in major crimes for about 12 years. I haven't written a ticket in more than 15 years but people, on both sides of the badge, usually don't change much. Hope this helps you understand our mindset a bit.
Thanks for your straight shooting. I myself would not expect an officer to be swayed by a silly sticker in case of a collision, incident, or severe violation. I have a lot of respect for law enforcement officers, and I think that right now in this country the people in power and the media are really dumping on LEO's. Look at what Joe Arpaio has to put up with when all he wants to do is enforce the law. Political correctness and a certain political agenda have placed police officers between a rock and a hard place. And they are the ones on the front line, not the politicians and the media buzzards. I have never been a policeman, though for a while I worked as an armed security guard (I know, there's no comparison) after my retirement (I was a high school teacher for 27 years). I must tell you that when I worked for a few nights in a hospital whose staff had been threatened by a psycho, I had a warm and fuzzy feeling when some doctor or some nurse asked me to accompany him or her to his/her car parked in the dark hospital parking lot--a place that would have been ideal for an ambush. Fortunately the threat never materialized. But I must say that there were very few (maybe a couple) staff members who gave me a very cold stare when they saw my cocked and locked 1911 in my hip holster. Amazing, huh? I guess sheep are just as afraid of the sheep dogs as they are of the wolves.