My BIG tire issue

Hi everyone, as you may know i have a RTV 900 with full cab that im saying is in the ball oark of 2100 pounds. I have worn the tires out that came on the machine from the factory. I purchased 4 ITP mudlite XTR tires to put on this machine. First of all the factory tires call for 22 PSI and these tires call for 7!!!!! and the powersports dealer said they would work. So i had them put of and the back tires look close to being flat. I call ITP and they said that i could put 20 PSI in them without hurting them. IDK but i am going to try becasue 7 PSI just wont work. I am sure some of you have other tires on and i am curious on what you think? Do you have more air than what it sais on tire?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
IfITPsaid go with 20, it should be safe, might be a little rough ... NOW, what I would do is, try a little at a time, something in the area of 11, then 13, then 15 >>>>
If eleven or thirteen serves you, stay there.
</p>

Running my 589's, with 10 & 11 lbs. I can go a little higher if need be >>>></p>

The XTR's are radials, aren't they ????</p>

yes they are radials. I reckon im gonna just go ahead and load up with 20 pounds because thats what the book sais. Do you like ur 589's? i was lloking at those but chose not to get them</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
wouldn't own anything else >>> </p>

They are the perfect tire for my applications ~~~~</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
them 589's are a very good tire infact i had them on my hpx and i have some outlaws on my rhino but i'm thinkin of swapping out the outlaws with some 589's </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
that seems like a bit to much air maybe try 15lbs the harder you make that tire the easier it is to pop it on a thorn ir rock. i would also sugest to put a can of slime in each tire.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yep, I agree with tommy >>>>Go with the Slime >>>>IT'S ALIFE SAVER !!!!</p>

Buy it by the Gallon, much cheaper that way >>>>>>> </p>

</p>

...........two guns </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i never seen a tire with slime after they removed it . i bet it would be a mess but hey it works and you need it so why not.?lol</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Johndeerehmo, I went thru all of what you are going thru when I bought my XTR's. You might be able to use the search function on this site to see some of the related posts. Basicly, I was concerned about the air pressure too... I keep less than 20 in the rears but not by much.Wonder how much extra weight the cab adds?? I never had a problem with the fronts but did get grief from the rears... Will you pull heavy loads with 'em? I was pulling heavy loads on oak skids thru heavy grass and cracks started developing along the rear treads eventually the air was pouring out.... I emailed Carlisle and they sent me 2 replacements!! The same thing later happened with the replacements but I didn't say anything to them because the fronts were now worn slick meaning the backs would have almost been had they not been replaced. Carlisle honors their warranty which makes them respectable in my book. And.. I didn't have to jump thru any hoops either. The 589's also have a low psi listed on the sidewall. but if I don't put 16 to 18 in them (rear) , they really pooch out. Of coarse I have a heavy steel toolbox I made and tools in the bed.. Good luck ...... Bordercollie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
dass what she meant. you gotta excuse her she was out runnin cattle all day wit dat rtv. and after buying dem 589's she sorta forgot what kinda tires she had before.lol</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Slime isn't bad when you change a tire. That "Fix-a-Flat" stuff is the stuff that's really messy.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Carlisle answered my e mail about the xtr's . Check out this ad : I ordered mine off of e bay but this ad is on Amazon. Carlisle is associated with a lot of these types of tires , I will dig up more proof later as I had to do all of the feeding / pipe wrapping by myself today and am tired. Bordercollie</p>
<div id="srProductTitle_B000OO0K9S_3" class="productTitle"> <br clear="all" />CARLISLE ITP MUD LITE XTR 27X9R-12 ATV TIRE #560378 560378</div>
<div id="srItemData_B000OO0K9S_3">
<div class="newPrice">Buy new: <span>$159.95</span></div>
<div class="fastTrack">In stock. Processing takes an additional 3 to 4 days.</div>
</div>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Here is the warranty info: Bordercollie</p>
<h2>LIMITED WARRANTY FOR TIRES</h2>

ITP/Carlisle Tire & Wheel
Company warrants, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations
stated herein, its products to be free from defects in materials and
workmanship.</p>

ITP/Carlisle's liability for tires shall be
limited to replacement with a new ITP/Carlisle tire of the same size
and type plus any applicable taxes.</p>

ITP/Carlisle's Warranty</p>
  1. Applies only to the original consumer purchaser for two years from the date of purchase.
  2. Does not cover mounting and balancing charges.
  3. Is
    void when tire is worn past the last 1/32 of tread depth. All tread
    depth measurements are measured in the groove nearest the center line.
  4. Does
    not apply to repaired tubes or tires (a) used in racing and
    competition, (b) subjected to road hazards, overloading,
    under-inflation, improper mounting, fitment to incorrect rim,
    purposeful abuse or chemical contamination, (c) which have been
    patched, plugged or repaired or into which liquid balancers or sealants
    have been introduced, (d) tube type tires fitted without tubes, (e)
    blem tires for cosmetic defects.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"></span></span>I found my original email -- I blocked part of his email address so he wouldn't get spammed. (The letters were all caps because my shift key was sticking back then) -- I may be getting old but I remember some things :) .... Especially great customer service and where it comes from... Carlisle tire/ ITP.... bordercollie <span style="font-family: arial; color: black; font-size: x-small;">
<div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font color="navy" face="Calibri" size="4"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Calibri; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">ITP Tires and Wheels</span></font></div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font color="navy" face="Calibri" size="4"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Calibri; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">email*** ****<a>*@carlisletire.com</a></span></font></div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font color="navy" face="Calibri" size="4"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Calibri; color: navy; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">Cell 1-*** *** ****</span></font></div>
<font><font color="black" face="arial" size="2">
<div class="MsoNormal"><font color="navy" face="Arial" size="2"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; color: navy;">I am taking a guess is that a Kubota?</span></font></div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font color="navy" face="Arial" size="2"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; color: navy;"></span></font></div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font color="navy" face="Arial" size="2"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; color: navy;">What tire pressures are you running?</span></font></div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font color="navy" face="Arial" size="2"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; color: navy;"></span></font></div>
</font></font></div>
<div>
<div class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: center;" align="center"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"><span style="font-size: 12pt;">

<hr width="100%" align="center" size="2" />
</span></font></div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma; font-weight: bold;">From:</span></font><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;"> ********]

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Sent:</span> Thursday, September 04, 2008
3:37 PM

<span style="font-weight: bold;">To:</span> <a>customerservice@itptires.com</a>

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Subject:</span> ITP MUDLITE XTR</span></font></div>
</div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"></span></font></div>
<div class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"><span style="font-size: 12pt;">HI. I HAVE A SET OF 27"- 12" tires on my RTV900. THEY HAVE A
LOT OF TREAD LEFT BUT ARE LEAKING AT A FEW CRACKSALONG THE TREAD. I HAVE
ALSO NOTICED SEVERAL KNOTS ON THE REAR TIRES [11"WIDE] [9" WIDE
FRONT]THESE TIRES ARE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD AND I AM CONCERNED THAT THEY
MAY BLOW OUT. DO YOU HAVE A CUSTOMER POLICY CONCERNING THIS EARLY
SEPARATION? I WOULD HOPE THAT SOME TYPE OF WARRANTY/CUSTOMER
SUPPORT EXISTS. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP. ******* ****** MS </span></font></div>
<div id="u8CADCE51249BBA5-17F8-5096">
<div class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top: 7.5pt; text-align: center;" align="center"><font color="black" face="Arial" size="2"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; color: black;">

<hr width="100%" align="center" size="2" />
</span></font></div>
</div>
</span></p>