My 900 needs two things:

DZLROKET

A quieter muffler. and MORE power!! We use it at 5500' and it barely gets up the driveway with two adults and no load!!!</p>

Anyone offering a turbo or other power enhancements?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
DZLROKET, </p>

WELCOME TO THE FORUM ~~~~</p>

I hope your joking about the muffler. For never I've I ever heard a loud RTV muffler. Unless you got a hole knocked into it somehow. With the engine running, italways seem to drown out the muffler, at least from the RTV's I've been around anyway.</p>

Your powerloss, have you checked your fuel filter, spark arrestor ?Are you getting much smoke out of yourunit ? Has it always been like this ?How many hours ?Or, you could might have to get your dealer to adjust the fuel mixture on the fuel pump. </p>

Need to get member ccsinclair on here for that weakness problem. He had altitude problems and got his fixed . I'll see if I can get him to jump in and get you pointed into the right direction. I'm at see level, and my is as powerful as a mule ~~~~~</p>

<span style="font-size: medium;"><font color="#ff0000"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></span></p>

</p>

DZLROKET

Two Guns, thanks for the reply/help.</p>

We just got our 900. It has 147 hours on it, seems like very light use, no bumps scratches leaks, etc. it smokes alot going up hill or lugging. have not checked anything (filter spark arrestor, etc.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="DZLROKET"]</p>

Two Guns, thanks for the reply/help.</p>

Have not checked anything (filter spark arrestor, etc.)</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

</p>

DZLROKET, </p>

FIRST, YOU NEED TO START CHECKING !!!</p>

REPLACE THE FUEL FILTER !!!!</p>

REMOVE THE SPARK ARRESTOR !!!!!</p>

CHECK THE CONDITION OF YOUR AIR FILTER !!!!!!!!</p>

***** Unless you are going to run on goverment property, I would remove the spark arrestor and leave it off. YOU DO NOT NEED IT , IT IS NOTHING BUT A HEADACE !!!!</p>

If you arerunning on goverment property. Clean spark arrestor & keep a close eye on it !!!!! Clean it all the time !!!! My spark arrestor clogged up with less than 13 hours on it, and I'm at sea-level. Took it off and threw it away !!!!!! So I know yours in slap-dab full, and clogged up.</p>

Fuel filter, don't cost nothing, replace it !!!!</p>

Nothing to do with powerloss, but , When was the last time your machine was serviced ? Have you checked your oil and transmission fluid to see what condition it was in .....</p>

<span style="font-size: medium;"><font color="#ff0000"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></span></p>

</p>

I recommend 4 things that improved our 1100 RTV performance in the mountains 7,500 +++
</p>

1) Remove spark arrestor

2) Put on stock remote air filter snorkel tube

3) Remove small long filter inside your air box

4) Get hand throttle that will let you crank up the rpms to Kubota’s max rpm safe range (we had our dealer due this)
By doing the 4 things above it made a big difference in our RTV, night & day difference.
I hope this helps.</p>

Steve
Cooke City Sinclair & Cabins

www.cookecitysinclair.com</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome DZLROCKET, I just wanted to say you've received million dollar advice in the previous posts.. You'vegot a fine machineso start out with all new fluids and filters.. That way you will know they are right. I bet your spark arrestoris clogged up as was mentionedearlier. I have over 2050 hrs and zero smoke after cranking.my RTV. I do know that a fuel filter in need of changing will make a diesel tractor/ skid steer smoke. We bought a Cat 252B with 650 hrs on it and it smoked like a cigar ..until we changed the fuel filter ..now it is Jim Dandy. I am confident you will be happy once you check out/ change these items. Bordercollie</p>

martin_b

The power loss issue has been covered so let me take a swag at the noise issue. On my 900 ( 310 hrs) vibration caused the weld to fail where the tailpipe exits the muffler can. The tailpipe is still connected internally, so it doesn't fall off but it will get loud. Its a simple fix to reweld.</p>

</p>

Aside from what has already been mentioned, on my new RTV900 (4/08) the owners manual says to remove a small plug on the bottom back end of the muffler and run the engine for a short period of time to clean it out (???). I don't know what that is suppose to do aside from removing any excess carbon build-up and/or mositure. You may want to consult your owners manual or check with the dealer about this maintenance issue. Clay Post </p>

On second thought... Maybe by removing the muffler plug and running the engin for a period of time on a regular basis does blow-out some of the carbon build-up to help prevent the spark arrestor from clogging up. Just a guess... Clay</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="Clay Buster"]</p>

On second thought... Maybe by removing the muffler plug and running the engin for a period of time on a regular basis does blow-out some of the carbon build-up to help prevent the spark arrestor from clogging up. Just a guess... Clay</p>

</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Clay Buster,</p>

If you've ever seen a spark arrestor stopped up, you would see that removing the plug would NOT be the fix of that situation. I know that Kubota might have good intentions with the plug thing. But, that would only remove only a small bit of what would be settled in the bottom of the muffler. The spark arrestor mesh,is in a packed situation. It takes removing it completely out of the muffler, and actually cleaning the item. There is only two choices a owner has, either remove it completely and leave the spark arrestor off, or constantly keep removing it and cleaning this thing. I myself, don't have no use for the arrestor, and knowing what I know now, anybody who don't run their machine on goverment property, just should remove it completely. For mine, was clogged up so bad with just a few hours of it being brand new, I didn't see how the damn machine even ran at all with it clogged up as it was..... But the plug thing in the bottom of the muffler, is not the answer for cleaning a spark arrestor at all..... </p>

<span style="font-size: x-small;"></span><span style="color: #ff0000;"><font color="#ff0000"><font size="4"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></font></span><span style="font-size: medium;"></span></p>

Two Guns,</p>

I'll be interested to get back to my ranch to remove the spark arrestor just to see how much build-up there maybe. I don't ever plan on taking the RTV off of the ranch so I'm going to remove mine. I checked w/ my dealer and was advised that removing it would not void the warrantee. I'm all in favor of removing any excess restriction/s to the exhaust or intake systems. Clay</p>

</p>

DZLROKET

great! now if I could just get the hydraulic bed to raise! Tried the float position and manually lifting as well. No Go! Yes I checked to see if there was a mechanical tie down but there is not.</p>

muleman2

check the hydraulic disconnects on rear of machine ,right side under the bed. previous owner may have swapped them. have you tried having someone pull up on lever while you lift the bed? Bill B.</p>