Losing power

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="ground hog man"]lmy rtv has never been as powerfull as my neighbor he goes up hills in high that i need low or medium i believe its just luck of the draw on if you get a good hill pulling one or not[/quote]
There may be very, very slight differences but to the degree you're speaking of, I'd say there's probably something post-production that's different between your machines.

How many hours are on each?
Did you both use Kubota filters and Super UDT fluid?
Has maintenance been done on one and not the other?
Where are you each getting your fuel? Any additives?

Have you tried switching RTV's to see if it's driving technique? When I first started with my RTV, I couldn't do things at the speeds I can now. Some is the fact the RTV is broken in and I've also figured out better ways to drive it.

In terms of smoking, I've not noticed anything unusual but then again, when climbing hills, I'm looking in front of me (since my trails are narrow and traversing with 100' drop-offs a foot away).

ground hog man

mine has 104 hr neighbors has 600 both has regular maintance done with super udt and kubota filters both of us use the same fuel off road red dye both keep our air filters clean i have the high mount he has the regular my filter stays cleaner than his mine is 07 neighbor is 06 modles it like when you take off on mine it does good then falls on its face like a govenor on it

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I have never seen mine smoke, matter of fact , I have never seen really any RTV smoke ~~~~~

doggman

Hey goundhog man, it might not make much difference but the next time you re-fuel try running a tank of highway diesel instead of the off road fuel. In theory it shouldn't make a bit of difference. However, I have a friend in western Tennessee who was having all kinds of problems with his ag equipment. He said all that stopped when he quit using off road fuel and started using highway fuel. </P>

It sure sounds like you have a lack of air or an over-fuel problem. You might check to see that the rubber air intake hose is not collapsing when you open the throttle. That's a prettyrare occurance butit has happenedin bothcooling and intake hoses on other equipment.Check to see that something didn't get in your intake when the high mount air cleaner was installed. Maybe your pal caneyeball itwhile you're riding together. </P>

Other than that I'd pull the turbo and chip the vanadium slag off the turbine vanes... (just kidding). </P>

Are you still under warranty?</P>

</P>

ground hog man

yes .its only 4 months old i check the high mount air cleaner hose the way i am noing its smoking is i have a 90 degree turn out on the exhaust and a extension to the out side of wheel and i can see the smoke it you let off it stops i believe it may be a over dumping of the fuel i quest its back to the dealer a 124 mile trip one way

doggman

Ground Hog Man, </P>

One other thing - pulloff the spark arrestor screen at the end of the tail pipe and see if that helps. It might be clogged up. </P>

If it was me, I'd temporarily disconnect the intake hose downstream from the air cleaner for a few minutes (eliminate the air cleaner) and see if it runs any better. Obviously this is risky so don't do it if it's dusty or if there are leaves or anything else that could get sucked into the engine. A piece of clean screen clamped tightly over the open intake would be a good idea. If you're not comfortable doing this then don't do it. </P>

You might call your dealer ahead of time and see what he says before you drag it in. </P>

ground hog man

the first thing to go was the spart arrester when it was new .try the taking a loose of the intake tonite to see if it make a differents

Robert11

My problem ended up being the fuel filter. I replaced it and now RTV runs great. Thanks for the suggestions and advice...Robert11

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
If nothing else works, might have to get the unit to the shop to get them to check the injecters .....</P>

ground hog man

i never changed my fuel filter maybe i change it this weekend and see if it solves my lack of power does anybody know of a cross reference number on the fuel filter so i would not have to drive 2 hundred miles for a oem one

doggman

It's a simple $5 part that weighs a couple of ounces. Can your dealer put one in the mail today? You'd have it on Saturday more than likely. If you pull your filter you can probably match one up at your local parts store - at least for testing purposes while your new one comes in.