Is the RTV any good for plowing?

Onfoot

Kubota Kanook makes a living using his RTV for snow plowing. And I use mine to keep more than 2 kms. of driveway cleared. I have the Kubota (Curtis) plow and am quite happy with it. A number of other folks have far more sophisticated Blizzards and other makes. I am sure Messicks can give you a good price. Don't recall what mine cost, to be honest. But it is a plowing machine!</p>

The RTV with the Blizzard is a great setup. I have very little experience and we just got ours, but I have a friend helping out when I can't be there and he has some experience and friends with truck mounted plows. He was impressed with the power and heft of the setup. Also very quick and and easy to mount and dismount the plow once the receiver frame and electrics have been installed. Not cheap at about $4500 mounted by my dealer but I guess this is what they are. Reardon Briggs did a very clean installation. Looks like it will last forever. I did not think my wife would be so enthusiastic about the purchase but she took one look at the damage done by the new (now fired) plow guy and said I must get the plow! I did a lot of research looking at every plow that you can buy for the RTV: maybe if you have a contract to do a small town it might be worth the $6000 or more for the articulating V-plows from Kubota or Kanlan, but another issue is the ability to keep your winch in its existing mount (cubby) and even use it in a pinch while the plow is still in place. Based on everything I have looked at and now some firsthand experience I highly recommend the Blizzard 680LT. (There is a wider 720LT as well but I needed to get through a couple of tight spots and also deal with some strange cambers and this made narrower better for me).</p>

green_mtn_boy

snow plow

If you are interested, I have a nearly brand new meyers snow plow rigged up to fit the kubota 1100. I live in Vermont. This plow came with the rig, but I have a 7 yard dump truck that I plow with and have no need of this one. Cost new over $4000. This plow works very well. It is an easy hook up. Take a look at vermont craig's list if interested.
:letitsnow:
http://burlington.craigslist.org/grd/1597410128.html

zenchal26

awsome plower I have a 6.5' myer plow on mine. I do run different tires though 26" sure foots

Attachments

• IMG_2517.jpg
    IMG_2517.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 117