Interior Design

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Zip in and out of our RTV so much from both sides. Things I do and the applications I deal with, bucket seats would not work with me.

I like the full seat, but they could have a little more comfort. Would Like having a bigger back rest other than the "ratty" one we purchase .....:myopinion:

........ jamie

Attachments

• Never Drink Again.jpg
    Never Drink Again.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 95

Wild Bill

I don't mind the seating position, my biggest complaint is legroom / dash ergonomics. shutting the darn thing off as your driving when you move your knee is no good.

It needs another 2" of knee room and a different layout for the key / horn.

The shiftier needs some work too. Spoiled by shuttle shift on the tractor...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't mind the seating position, my biggest complaint is legroom / dash ergonomics. shutting the darn thing off as your driving when you move your knee is no good.

It needs another 2" of knee room and a different layout for the key / horn.

The shiftier needs some work too. Spoiled by shuttle shift on the tractor...
I'd have to agree. I have never shut it off with my knee but it is so close it's bound to happen sometime. I saw a little jet boat hit a wave the wrong way (guy was driving stew-pid) and the key jammed right into his knee. Oh the pain. Horrible. While the RTV's do not go as fast as that jet boat I can only imagine the pain one would experience if you did have an accident and your knee jammed right into the key. Ouch. Very poor placement on Kubota's part.

It took me a while to know there ever was a horn on my used RTV. No horn button, only a little hole with two little contacts are left where there used to be a horn. Not sure how to go about fixing that but I'll ask for help in another thread. Don't intend to side track this one.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was kidding about kids hitting the windshield. I actually installed a 3rd seatbelt in the middle of the seat so both of my kids could ride safely.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I was kidding about kids hitting the windshield. I actually installed a 3rd seatbelt in the middle of the seat so both of my kids could ride safely.

When I take my "little ones" riding. I put in two plastic milk crates, strap the crates in, then let them jump into them and ride.

They love to ride the RTV so much, that Mrs. Two Guns and myself have to
spell out the Kubota word.

I will tell her, " Going out to the back and load up the "K-U-B-O-T-A" and head out " .........

If we don't spell it out, She said they will stand at the door and whine. Hurts to leave 'em behind when I go to the woods.

....... two guns

Attachments

• LeRoux Riding.jpg
    LeRoux Riding.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 62

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Then who are those little tykes with the flat spots on their heads at your house? :wall:

.......... and it just might be bczoom.....
He includes himself with stunts. Please zoom, help me remember. Didn't you like to have killed yourself a few times. I could tell you before the crash, but it is hard for me to look back in time.

A few years ago, somewhere in the timeline of the "old site ".
Didn't you do some sort of stunt with a snow sled or something, and before that, it was another stunt ...

Tell us again !!!

....... two guns

Attachments

• zoom cannon fire.jpg
    zoom cannon fire.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 60

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We're getting a bit off subject but...

The kids have quality protective gear and know when to use it.

I get the kids high-end protective gear for every activity. Each has at least 5 helmets, each being specific to the activity (sledding, zip-line, ATV, bikes...) they're doing. They also wear other appropriate protective gear be it seat belts, harnesses (for the zip-line), chest protectors (ATV)...

Here's the toboggan thread where I got a little busted up.
www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11672

I've busted a lot of bones in ATV and other sporting accidents so I do everything I can to make sure the same doesn't happen to the kids.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Then who are those little tykes with the flat spots on their heads at your house? :wall:

If the flat spot is on their head, it must be this protective gear I have them wear. ;)

rock-em-and-sock-em-rocked-em-10717.jpg

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Then who are those little tykes with the flat spots on their heads at your house?

We Know bczoom believes in safety. Been reading his post for years, here and other forums.
I have much respect for zoom. He spends much quality time with his
children. Without a doubt, if his children was doing something, you can
mark it down, they were geared up right for safety reasons. He would NEVER
let them get into something that would hurt or harm them in anyway.

NOW ZOOM might pull some crazy stunt .....

..... for some reason, zoom's accident has stuck in my mind. We all do crazy
things. And some of the simplest things and events that we ALL do can
turn into a nightmare.

Sorry bczoom, I had to pick on you just a little, for I, also, have got battle wounds from stunts gone back.

........... jamie

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!! :harley:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
My only complaint about the interior room is the bar for the roll cage sure whacks you in the head when you hit a plow furrow in the middle of the field. Trying to play cowboy and round up the neighbor's cows. About knocked my self out.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ouch! You painted a nice pic Muley ...i can just imagine that. To bad you didn't have a video. That would hurt for sure. So do you wear a helmet when you are cruising now?

cpsseals

Guess the only solution is to wear shin/knee guards and a full faced helmet, then theres a guarantee that no one could get hurt cause no one could get behind the wheel...

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Ouch! You painted a nice pic Muley ...i can just imagine that. To bad you didn't have a video. That would hurt for sure. So do you wear a helmet when you are cruising now?
No! But I don't jump on it in my slippers. By the time we caught the last one I had briar thorns in the damn fuzzy lining of the slippers as well as my feet. Got a rope around it and rug it out of the brush to the stock trailer.