Hydrostatic disconnect?

sdzubay

Hi all. Just replaced engine & radiator in my 2007 RTVX900. Complete overhaul, essentially. Machine performed great for mechanic, and operated fine when loaded, unloaded, and took it for a short spin. Day later, I restarted, moved the machine, let it idle a spell. When I tried to engage the transmission there was nothing. Depressing accelerator does nothing. Box raises and lowers to h-pump is obviously working. Fluid levels are fine. Can anyone offer a clue? Electronic in the hydrostatic??

sdzubay

Thanks, BCZoom. I took a quick look, but noticed nothing out of the ordinary. A friend suggests it may be as simple as low hydraulic fluid. Since the machine had just been reassembled with the new engine, it may have taken a while to purge air from the system, and subsequently, more fluid is needed. Plan to try that tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Does the engine rev up when you depress the accelerator or just not move? If it doesn't rev up, I would be looking at the accelerator pedal connections , to eliminate that possibility.

Reactions: Doc

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Zoom is correct, depending on the model and year. Some members had real bad problems with these different from the older models, and the reservoirs not being obvious.

Reactions: Doc

sdzubay

Hi all. Thanks for the wisdom shared. Problem turned out to be a floppy accelerator cable at the rear end. Fluky deal. Probably wasn't properly tightened during the overhaul. We're back in the woods!