Hydraulic dump bed being installed.

hmgary

I finally bit the bullet and dropped off my 05 RTV900 to have a hydraulic dump installed. Almost $2,000, ouch. Probably cheaper than a hernia operation though.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You'll love it! It's such a pleasure when you have a full load of firewood, stone or manure sitting back there and when it comes time to dump, you just pull the handle.

It'll also surprise you on how fast it lifts. I'm mentally picturing it dumping. I think from horizontal to full dump takes about 3 seconds. Much faster then the 15-30 seconds required for an electric over hydraulic.

hmgary

I have use of a Kawasaki Mule also. It has the electric dump but seems pretty wimpy, and very slow. I've always been leary about putting too much weight in it. It's fine for leaves, branches, feathers. Can't wait to do some serious hauling with the RTV.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I have hauled and dumped over 10,000 lbs of rocks in the past few weeks and still have more to do. The RTV is nice cause it has a much lighter footprint than my bigger tractors or backhoe. The dump bed and gear drive is what sold me on mine in March of 06.

Heatwave

I finally bit the bullet and dropped off my 05 RTV900 to have a hydraulic dump installed. Almost $2,000, ouch. Probably cheaper than a hernia operation though.

You won't regret it. The hydraulic dump is worth every penny of the price of admission.

hmgary

Picked up the RTV yesterday. The new hydraulic dump is really fast. I can put it up and down twice before the Kawasaki Mule dumps once.

clueless

simple to install,took me about 5 hrs with the tank, hoses,controls,cables pump/pto and cylinders.the instructions are detailed and easy to follow.

hmgary

Now that I am dumping my bed more often, does anybody have any tricks as to how to keep my piece of stable mat that I use as a bed protector from sliding out? I know the obvious is to drill a couple of holes in the bed and use a couple of bolts. Just hate to put holes in a perfectly good bed.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What I did

Now that I am dumping my bed more often, does anybody have any tricks as to how to keep my piece of stable mat that I use as a bed protector from sliding out? I know the obvious is to drill a couple of holes in the bed and use a couple of bolts. Just hate to put holes in a perfectly good bed.

I faced the same problem with my heavy tool box and my new machine. I just didn't want to drill holes in the new bed, but I couldn't have it slipping around every time I hit a bump. I decided to attach the steel box to a piece of exterior plywood cut to fit the bed. It is a little tricky to cut it to fit the notches where the stakes would go because of the sloped sides, but it can be done. The rear bed notches would keep it from sliding out and you could attach your mat to the plywood with carriage head bolts pulled up tight so as not to rub or cut it square and use a piece of floor stripping (like used at a door) to fit behind the notches and hold the mat down. I used 1/2 " plywood. Great so far. bordercollie