High mount Air Cleaner

ez chair

Just finished installing the high mount air cleaner kit. Very easy to install, took 1/2 hour. Noticed that the kit not only raises the filter, but is an overall larger unit. Stock Cleaner in front of wheel.

MRBASS

Didnt somebody just run some plastic pipe off the air cleaner and up the ROPS up under the roof rather than change the whole system?? i did a search but couldnt find anything.Since i have the plexiglass rear window I was debating on how to dothe high mount cleaner. I think the biggest thing is to get the inlet up away from the dirt and dust the rtv kicks up and having it end up under the roof would fix that.Unless of course you aregoing to go thru water so deep the filter would get submerged, then you would have to move it up.I havent had to worry about the dust and dirt yet as it has been nothing but mud here for the last month or so.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mr. Bass..........We run a plastic rear window on the inside of the grill.............The air filter kit mounts in the holes already drilled in the vertical strapping that isin the metal grill that covers the rear window...................EASY stuff and worthwhile......................I used to dump out a dust cloud every few hours of use here in N. Ga.............NOW it isnt worth the trouble to even unclamp the cover as even that doesnt get dusty.............Dennis

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Was planning on myself installing a lexan / plexy back glass >> By the looks of things, all would have to be done is get longer bolts that hold the air box on... Now that is the fact of leaving the wire mesh in also >>>>> Just install the plexy over the mesh .</P>

muffler man

I ran mine with 1 3/4" pvc to under the roof. I left the original air cleaner where it was and just made a new inlet pipe.I works great. I may reroute the pipe to exit outside the roof and turn down thereby lowering some of the noise.</P>

</P>

Bill</P>

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jamie.............My 1/8"Lexan is installed on the inside of the metal grill......................there is enough thread on the existing bolts to use them...........Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Jamie............thanks for the recent pic of how your A/C is mounted............has a slight tilt to it...............mine mounted the same way and I was concerned about this...............Everything is snug and mounted the way it is supposed to but has a slight tilt............</P>

Any ideas on what the adjuster bolt is for there on the A/C bracket is for.............What I am refering to is just under the A/c itself..............thanks........Dennis</P>

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
OOOOOOOOPS............it's EZ I should be adressing rather than Jamie.............Sorry EZ..........God Bless

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Exactly the same................used to be worried about it, as am a retired Industrial Arts teacher and being in square matters and is the norm.............but guess it is one of the things that made the designer of the jig that holds the bracket when fabricating the holes human...................Have a great Sunday...................am outta here to install my Bumper Buddy/On Time Feeder for it's trial run.................Dennis

jdh1

just wondering, do the high mount air cleaners take the same elements as the stock ones, is it just the air box thats bigger? jdh1