High Lift Jack on RTV

For those of you who dont know what a high lif jack is look it up on google. it is a great tool for winching, and jacking. It mounts easily to the bumper of any RTV /Users/morganoverstreet/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Jan 8, 2010/images.ashx.jpeg</p>

</p>
<div>file:///Users/morganoverstreet/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/Jan%208,%202010/images.ashx.jpeg/Users/morganoverstreet/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Jan 8, 2010/images.ashx.jpeg</div>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
These" tractor jacks " ( what many call'em down here ) are a very good tool . We have used them for winching out vehicles, jacking up tractors, fixing & stretching fences, etc...etc .... >>>> They area handy tool around the farms, one will usally find one in the back of the farm trucks in the south. </p>

NOTE: They are also called " widow-makers". Reason theyhave been known tohurt, maim,and even kill men that was using them WITHOUT caution. The jacks will fall under loads, they will also " shoot out " like arocket detroying everything in it's path ... Please use care & caution when they are in use. Also, keep 'em oiled up good so the working pins will operate when under a load .</p>

..... two guns </p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns is absolutely right about their nickname. They can also break your jaw etc if you don't keep firm control of the lever handle. As you push down on it, but sure not to let go until it is seated and clicks. I had the lever handle slip on one I was using and almost cut my tongue deep as it slammed into my jaw. No breaks but it sure hurt. They will also lean over if not just right and using them in wet conditions or mud is risky business. Good for cotton trailers and such too. In addition to this jack we keep a high capacity hydraulic jack ($30) in the truck . Learned this when a gooseneck loaded with bulls had a flat and 2 men couldn't push down enough on the high lift to raise all that weight. Bordercollie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i stopped useing all ratchet jacks back when my buddy came runnin over to my house one night and needed help to get a ford off the head of my other buddy. i guess they would work if thats all you got but me i carry a 2 ton rollaway jack in my little chevy aveo and i'm getting another for my truck . i have a little hydraulic jack for my rhino plus if needed i have the winch to lift it. those tractor jacks would be good on the ideal surface "cement" to bad we don't ride on the ideal surface all the time. THOUGH I CAN'T SAY THIS ENOUGH ANY JACK IS BETTER THAN NO JACK!!</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Hi-Lift Jacks:</p>

I read with interest what y'all were saying about these hi-liftjacks. I have owned one for quite a few years and have used it for jacking, winching, lifting and even spreading forks apart on tractor implements.Used it one time with several long chains to winch a Jeep out of a mud bog when I was allalone back on a gaspipe line. Very slow...but it worked. Great tool. Great tool if, like others have said, you treat it like a ready-set bear trap. If you use this jack without regard, it canslip or jump and bite you big time. One time I was letting down a heavy load with my jack and the handle slipped out of my hand. I'm here to tell you, that jack unracheted itself faster than a monkey coming down a tree with its tail on fire. That handle flying up and down could have taken my ear off. Now others who own these jacksknow what I mean. Use this jack with the utmost care and respect.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>