Harbor Freight: Coupons, and recommended tools

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't see an active 20% coupon online at the moment.

The present item coupons look pretty good. For example $39 for the welding mask, $1.99 for the multimeter. Page 1 ends 8/16, page 2 8/17. I mention this because last week they had a page 2 that expired several days before page 1. Gotcha! Always check the dates on both pages!

And as always, change the customer# in your destination bar and press enter again, to generate your own new customer # printed on your coupons.

thumbs

California

Thanks. I'm still trying to get the emails from HF. Does anyone out there use Hotmail and if so is there a trick to getting HF coupons? I just can't get any emails.
I opened a Yahoo account in hopes it will get through that way. I have tried to white list on both accounts.

Erik

mine arrive via hotmail - no problem.
are you sure you checked the "emaill specials" box on your HF profile?
have you considered signing up a second time on their website?

thumbs

Thanks guys

Yes I checked all four boxes. I sighned my wife up on another account but still on Hotmail. It was only a couple of days ago but nothing so far. I called HF and they say I am signed up and "they say" emails have been sent out but I still get nothing. I signed up on a Yahoo account last night.

I will try gmail and see what happens. I have a buddy that signed up a couple of days ago to see if he could get the emails but nothin yet.

I guess I'm the only guy that can't get this stuff. LOL

thumbs

I think I signed up for twice a week. Maybe they only send out once though. This is getting to be a thing with me. I'm gonna get thouse coupons or die tryin. LOL

Was there anyhthing special you guys did to Hotmail, Yahoo or gmail to get the coupons or emails? I "think" I did the white list to Hotmail and Yahoo. I signed up for gmail but didn't do anything to it.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nothing special for gmail, but it's probably a good idea to review your spam file to see if it fell in there. (Mine didn't).

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes. What I see in gmail's left column is

Inbox
Sent Mail
Drafts
Spam
Trash

Plus some I established

Yanmar
Outback [subaru owners]
[and a couple more]

Gmail adds a flag to messages they think are spam. For example when they see From and To on an email both show your name but Reply To says spammer.Rx.offshore, that gets the 'spam' flag which directs it into your spam folder. This could possibly happen to your HF mail which is why HF suggests you 'whitelist' (flag as good) the HF 'from' server.

Trash is different. Its the folder holding things you deleted. 'Junk' I assume = spam folder.

thumbs

I have the same thing except I don't have the spam or trash there.

Ok if figured it out. You have to go to settings and hit "show" and then spam and trash showed up like in yours.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Harbor Freight Coupon Thread on SlickDeals.net. 'Last Page' shows the current deals.

The introduction page of the SlickDeals thread has some great info:
Date - Periodical Title - %off coupons - Other coupons of interest - EXPIRATION
Sep 2009 - American Rifleman - 20% single - 12/15 - Multifunction tool $30, 3 gal compressor $40, alumn jack $60
Aug 2009 - Car & Driver - 20% off single item - FREE SCREWDRIVERS - 11/07/09
Sept 2009 - Car & Driver - 20% off single item -- 12/4/09
June 2009 - ESPN - 20% single item - -11/3/09
Sept 2009 - Motor Cyclist - 20% off single item -- 12/4/09
Aug 2009 - Motor Cyclist - 20% off Single Item - - 11/07/09
July 2009 - Motor Cyclist - 10% off Single Item - - 10/09/09
July 2009 - Maxim - 20% off single item - Fein Copy Multifunction tool $29.99 #67256/65700 - 10/23/09
Aug 2009 - Maxim - 20% off single item - - 11/21/09
July 2009 - Popular Mechanics - 10% off Single Item - FREE 6pc Screwdriver (we all need more of these!) - 10/09/09
July 2009 - Popular Science - 15% off single item - - 10/16/09
June 2009 - The Family Handyman - 15% off Single Item - - 11/19/09

Harbor Freight User's Manuals:
------------------------------------------
You can read the manual for many items by taking the part number and inserting it into this kind of url:
ie. part # 41653 so this is in the range is 41000-41999 use the format:
http:// www.harborfreight.com/manuals/41000-41999/41653.PDF [harborfreight.com]
And here's a 20% coupon through 8/31/2009. As always, put in your own customer #.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
This week's HF coupon sale has better prices than usual.

Coupons good through 9/6: (As always, make a unique customer #)

Auto-darken welding helmet $39.99
Float charger $4.99
Camo 3k wireless-control winch $59.99

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Look on SlickDeals - Coupons category.

I don't remember where, but I saw a $5 off on $100 order TSC coupon somewhere in the first couple of pages of coupon listings. Hopefully there are more. Try SlickDeals search feature.

I would like to hear what you find!

thumbs

Thanks Cal

I got the flier in the mail that has the sale price for the multi tool. I think 35 bucks is as low as it gets.

I want to find out more about the multi tool before I get it. I understand the blades don't last to long. Someone said the Sears blades hold up better. I didn't hear it the Sears blades will work on the HF tool.