Got the winch-HELP!!!!

Well i got the Warn XT30 winch. I have to get the mounting plate to mount it to the front of my RTV 900 and am having a few concerns. The bracket that warn makes for the rtv has a picture with it on the rtv but the brush guard is gone so i dont think that mount will work. I need to get one quick. I know that some of you have a warn XT/RT 30 winch so which plate did you use? Can you take some detailed pics to show what/and how you mounted it.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you want to use an external mount? That cubby hole in the front, behind the grill guard is all set to mount the winch. You need to remove that black plastic to get the winch inside and bolt it up but the mounting holes and everything are already there.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Johndeeremho"]</p>

i wouldnt mind putting the winch in the cubby but i have to be able to easlily access the winch to engage the free spool</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

It's not bad reaching in there. Probably can't be done with gloves or fingers like Tommy's sister has but otherwise, not an issue. If you use the winch daily, I'd go out-front but for "oops" situations or dragging logs, I'd prefer it inside, away from limbs and elements.</p>

</p>

</p>

BigBen

I have the Warn RT40, I used mounting plate # 70555.It is for the XT/RT30 or 40. It is the external mount, no need for a snow plow down here in Georgia.Here is a link to the installation instructions. http://warn.iwebcat.com/imgVD/WAR/70539A0-PN70555.pdf hope this help you.My picture files are to big to attach. Don't know how to reduce them to attach. I can e-mail you some. Let me know .</p>

I guess i will go with the inside winch mount as long as there is an easy way to access the winch to engage the free spool. How do i access the cubby hole? is there a door or something somewhere? </p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Johndeeremho"]How do i access the cubby hole? is there a door or something somewhere?[/quote]</p>

From the front or from the top? From the front, you just reach in and flick the lever. From the top, there's a clear rubber flap/door thingy that you lift to the side and reach in.</p>

</p>

</p>