FUEL GUAGE

sierra 2005

I have a 2007 Kubota 900. We have been using it to pull a DR brush cutter mower. At some point the fuel guage stopped working and I haven't had a chance to look and see if I can fix it. Has anyone experienced this problem. The guage reads full all the time.</p>

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Sierra...........</p>

You do not mention how long you have been running your unit with the guage seemingly stuck on full. When you turn off the key does it fall over to the empty side? I say seemingly above because our 900 goes perhaps 6 hours with a full tank BEFORE the guage begins to drop at all. Even then, I get at least 10 hours out of a full tank......Perhaps, you need a bit more seat time to make it drop.........Dennis</p>

tlf01951

Mine stays on full for about four gallons. How much have you used before filling. I keep mine full so that may not be helping the gauge.</p>

solitude

Hi there
My 900 used to go about 20 hrs on a tank no long runs.
The 1100I have now goes about 13hrs on a tank just someuselees info.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
SIERRA 2005, I WILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY DEALING WITH THE FUEL GAUGE..BUT I DO HAVE A SHOP MANUAL. FIRST, DOES YOU GAUGE STILL BOUNCE AROUND ON ROUGH TERRAIN? I WAS JUST TRYING TO SEE IF IT SHOWED ANY MOVEMENT AT ALL. DOES IT STILL LIGHT UP WITH THE LIGHTS TURNED ON?MY MACHINE HOLDS LESS THAN 8 GALLONS .. ACCORDING TO THE MANUAL 7.4 GALLONS IN THE 900 SERIES. THE FUEL LEVEL SENSOR IS LOCATED ON TOP OF THE TANKBELOW THE MIDDLE OF THE SEAT AND ACROSS FROM THE ENGINE FAN . THEREARE TWO WIRES THERE ..A YELLOW AND BLACK? . SEE IF THE CONNECTION IS GOOD. IT APPEARS THAT THE SENSOR ITSELF CAN BE TAKEN OUT HEREAROUND THE WIRES . MAYBE THE THING IS STUCK IN THE TANK. I AM JUST THROWING IDEAS OUT. PROCESS OF ELIMINATION WILL USUALLY SOLVE MOST PROBLEMS IF IT ISN'T THE GAUGE OR WIRES THEN I WOULD VOTE FOR THE FUEL LEVEL SENSOR IN THE TANK. I HAVEN'T FOUND EXACT INFO ON THE SENSOR YET BUT IT IS PROBABLY NOT DIFFICULT TO REMOVE. GOOD LUCK ,BORDERCOLLIE</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Our fuel gauge don't start moving off of full until three or four plus gallons are gone, then it starts going on down.</p>

When we first brought ours home, Ran if for a long time., we thought the fuel gauge was broken, called the dealer and he said look (with a flashlight), in the tank and see how much fuel is in there. I was surprised how much was still close to the top. But he said to keep running it, it will start down when it needs to. And it did. I felt crazy >>>>>></p>

blinko

On my 2007 900 rtv I had the gauge went out at about 400 hrs. I though it was something in the tank so I took it to where I bought it (McFarlines imp) the service tech went out and put a different gauge in and it worked. Simple enough fix I guess.</p>