Frozen cables for Pressure Release valve and Diff Lock hold

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem when the temp drops into the 20-28 or below. My RTV 900 was bought new this fall and I will get the dealer to correct the problem in my upcoming included 50 hour service if we can figure out the fix. I am thinking that there is moisture in the cables that freezes the cable to the sheath. It means I have to plan carefully so I don't get the tranny loaded up and need to shift from forward to reverse until everything is warmed up nicely.</p>

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
Are you sure it is frozen. Had you been driving through some streams or lots of water? I think you are experiencing the hard shifting that is so common. Try pushing hard on your brake pedal, don't let it up yet, count to five, now pull the release knob and count to five again and release the knob, and now try to shift the lever. Then let the brake pedal up. Plowing with mine it is very hard to shift once into the bank of snow and using this method and also raising the blade before trying to shift, it usually shifts real smooth. Trany just needs time to relax.</p>

If it is water in the cables you will somehow need to blow air through them to force the water out otherwise it will just keep happening. Cables are probably coated with something like teflon for smooth operation so using sprays usually just messes up this coating and ruins your cables.</p>

Yes- I cannot pull either knob in sub-freezing conditions at all. Never drove the Kubota through any water. The work around is to warm the engine and tranny up completely, use the brake and make sure to be on level ground and like you said, give it a few seconds to "relax".</p>

I think I will request the dealer replace the cables.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Now is the time, while the warranty isstill there !!!! With this, you do have a leg to stand on !!!!</p>

We have drove ours in much water in the swamps down here, and let the machine sit in freezing weather, and ours have never come close to locking up.</p>

<span style="text-decoration: underline;">I think it's more to it than cable freezing</span> ~~~ that's just my opinion</p>