engine temp on your RTV9?

mardyn

How hot or cool does your RTV9 run? Mine seems to be running a bit hotter each time I use it for extended periods. When new, It only got up to about 1/4 of the temp gauge, then it seemed to ease on up to about 1/3, and now I'm nearly to the half way mark.</p>

Rad screens are clean, cooling system is full, e-fans are running which indicates to me it really is heating up.</p>

I'll shoot the cylinder head temp next time I run it with a infared temp gun to verify actual temp and see where I'm really at.
</p>

Anybody else having similar issues?</p>

mardyn</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Even though it's seems to be running warmer, it's not getting in the " RED " danger zone is it ?</P>

But , checking it with the temp gun is a superior idea ~~~ keep us up to date on this !!!!</P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4> ~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

muffler man

<P mce_keep="true">Make sure and pressure spray the radiator fins from the back to forward. Dirt and grass seed can get pulled in from the hole at the top of the screen and become clogged in the radiator fins. I noticed the same thing happen with mine. As long as it doesn't get into the red you will be fine.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">Bill</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you're in the 1/4 to 1/3, you're fine.</p>

I've noticed that I can be running with barely a reading then have it jump to 1/2 after climbing a steep hill. It then dips back down quickly.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">Hi Mardyn,I had a temperature increase after I put bigger tires on. Does yours go up with the machine at idle or just under working conditions? My temp increase was far from the red line just up to the T in temp in fact. It is like BCZOOM says. Mine only goes up under heavy pull on the engine. Then the fan comes on as Two Guns had mentioned in an earlier thread...and everything appears fine.have heard that a bad thermostat will cause wild variations in temp although I have had zero dealings with this point. I imagine you have checked the air cleaners as well?Birds are building everywhere now and I have a determined little Wren trying her best to build in front of my radiator even as much as I use my machine. I come in for lunch and there she goes .I justremove the beginnings and she moves on after about the 3rd time.I like birds so I try to catch those nests before they become a home.Good Luck ,Bordercollie[&]</P>

mardyn

Well, I've blown it out with compressed air a few times, but I think I'll use the pressure washer to clean the radiator fins next time to see if that helps. </p>

Never has got even near the red, so I'm not too concerned... just a little irritated at this point.</p>

Temp seems consistent, doesn't really go up and down during normal operation.</p>

mardyn</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

MRBASS

<P mce_keep="true">Sounds like your temps are about normal,compared to mine anyway.. I pulled a trailer with a ton of corn on it today 6 miles in "m" range and the temp never got up over half way. Back in the winter when the temps were in the 30's I could run wide open on my 6 miles stretch and the gauge would just barely move up,,soon as i slow down the temp always drops all the way back down.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I also check my screens and radiator quite often,,havent found them to be stopped up yet.!</P>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">Mardyn -are you noticing any black smoke orsoot in your exhaust. If so, something might be putting an extra load on your engine. </P>

mardyn

Nope, engine runs great... I pressure washed the tranaxle & chassis this morning getting ready to install my new coast valve... I hit the radiator too in an effort to clean any debris from the fins. I'll report on the results asap.</p>

</p>

mardyn</p>

DigOrange

If I remember correctly we discussed this before but I didn't find the thread on it. Maybe since the upgrade some of the history is gone.

This is what I remember... Kubota changed the temp gauge from one that moves a great deal to one that has a more linear response. This doesn't account for the changes you are seeing over time but it would be interesting to see what temp gauge you have.

Then again - I could be nuts, been told that before. BorderCollie and TwoGuns, you guys remember that thread?

Maybe the Messick guys remember?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">Dig,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> You are right, Kubota change the Temp Guages. Engines run the same temps, just differ in showings. Kubota said, the difference was the OHM readings that the guage receive now from the sendings units, they are different what they received in the older units. But as long as one keeps it out of the " RED " , he's still in the safe zone !!!! Where a older guage's needle just might only lift a small bit at 205 degrees, the newer models showings of 205 degrees might be over half way to 3/4 way over, but both will be running the same temp in the engine ~~ Hope this made sense !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>